Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Lightweight/cool jerseys that don't cost loads
  • _tom_
    Free Member

After a rather sweaty ride on Friday I decided its finally time I got myself some proper jerseys (currently just wearing normal t-shirts which get wringing wet). Looking at them, a lot seem so expensive for something I'm only going to wear for a few hours every few days!

I'm of the "larger" build so need to come in big (48" chest currently) and also not skin-tight. Prefer the looser freeride/DH feel.

Any suggestions?

midlifecrashes

If you head for your local TKMaxx/Sports Soccer/Lillywhites discount place and look for the footy training tops in Nike Drifit or equivalent they are good. You should get the choice of long/short/sleeveless too. Cheap as chips.

Edric64
    Free Member

xl size Lidl jerseys for 6 quid they only stock a couple of times a year though

neninja
    Free Member

I wear Aldi 100% merino wool t-shirt base layers in preference to my jerseys

Cool on hot days, warm on cold days and they don't smell bad so you can end the ride at the pub without sweating the place out.

When these wear out I'll get a couple more merino t's from somewhere

tron
    Free Member

Lidl ones are coming in this week.

Decathlon also do cheap jerseys all year round, but the really cheap ones are more of a roadie style.

_tom_
    Free Member

Decathlon mtb jerseys are only a tenner. Not sure on their sizing though, I'm usually xxl. Do they come up small or about right?

Their size guide looks wrong – the inches number at the top doesn't match with the "inches" on the interactive tape measure thing.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

+ 1 for Aldi/Lidl Team jersey's. 😉
    As tron says,Lidl will have some in this Thursday.

tron
    Free Member

I think it'll fit you – I'm a bit slimmer than you and the XXL road jerseys aren't tight, so I would expect the MTB jerseys to have some breathing room.

_tom_
    Free Member

Ok cheers. Do you know if that's EU or US XXL? The website lists both and I haven't got a clue haha (EU XXL is same as US XL apparently?)

Don't seem to have a local lidl btw so will probably just go for the decathlon, it's cheap enough anyway!

tron
    Free Member

EU.

_tom_
    Free Member

Alright thanks a lot mate, ordered 🙂

epicsteve
    Free Member

I use the Berghaus Tech T's. Look good, very light, comfortable and last for years.

busydog
    Free Member

FOX EFX jerseys are loose fitting, VERY lightweight, keep you cool. Not cheap, but over the years, I have found their jerseys to last a long time. I don't know what kind of tax/shipping issues you would have for the UK, but I would imagine Fox deals worldwide. See them at: http://shop.foxracing.com/ecomm/AutoForward.do?forward=home.pagedef#aforward=asyn&proId=20496&cid=146&cname=Jerseys&proNumber=23129&imgName=23129313F.jpg

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

have a look on chain reaction they usually have no fear downhill style jerseys in large sizes going cheap

atlaz
    Free Member

I have a load of Helly Hansen base layers I got for about 4 quid each that serve me for most of the year.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

You can get them Fox EFX for £30 from loads of places in the UK.

Just google it and there are loads.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Lightweight/cool jerseys that don't cost loads’ is closed to new replies.