• This topic has 22 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by kaiser.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Lightweight tracksuit bottoms
  • dufresneorama
    Free Member

Looking for a pair of very lightweight packable tracksuit bottoms.

Patagonia Terrebonne might fit the bill, inside leg is 33″ on L and XL so should be long enough. any others I should look at?

giant_scum
    Free Member

Decathlon Kalenji ones are pretty good.

didnthurt

I’d just wear a lightweight pair of mountain bike trousers like the Giro ones. That way you also have a pair of trail trousers 🤷‍♂️

sirromj

Banana Industries trackie bottoms:
    Banana Do It All – Trackies

dufresneorama
    Free Member

Will check those out. Those banana trackies look the biz, any idea on inside leg length and overall weight?

They’re primarily for evening wear when on walking holidays. Doing tour du mont blanc next June and looking for lightweight options for the evening that won’t cause the distress to other walkers that me skooting aboot in my long Johns would. Will be used for holidays and other various hiking and biking adventures too.

stretch…
    Free Member

Ron Hills if they still make them

sirromj

I’m 33″ waist and got size L as they’d sold out of M at the time, fit is acceptable. Weight is 360g and inside leg measures 29″.

kaiser
    Free Member

2nd the Ron hills . I rode LEJOG in 1997 and found a pair in the middle of the road whilst riding in torrential rain . I have a habit of retrieving anything of value/use I find when out and about . They were my size and after a wash and dry I started wearing them regularly and found them so comfortable I became unable to wear jeans and other hard material trousers without feeling restricted . I now have numerous pairs and have worn them most days ever since . A top tip is in the winter I simply wear 2 pairs and don’t really notice that fact due to the comfort but obviously it’s a lot warmer .Great on the bike too! Not for fashionistas though I guess but I’m past caring about such things . Cheap too!

wbo
    Free Member

Well pretty much any lightweight pair of hiking climbing trousers then. Mountain Equipment Comici? Rab Torque?

slowoldman

+1 Ron Hills.

tonyd

Ron Hills and an old running vest. Ron’s are fantastic but can look more like tights so possibly not the best for evening wear amongst the easily scared.

mrb123
    Free Member
    tjagain

I have a pair of very light walking trousers – much lighter than the joggers reffered to above. 200 ish grammes.

https://ultralightoutdoorgear.co.uk/mens-trekking-pants/

chakaping
    Free Member

Ron Hills ARE tights, aren’t they?

I’d look at PJ bottoms (with a closeable fly) or, as above, light summer walking trews. I have some cheap Regatta Sungari ones which would do for that purpose. Quick drying too.

slowoldman

Ron Hills ARE tights, aren’t they?

Tracksters not Tights.

dufresneorama
    Free Member

Just to let people know if anyone else is looking for lightweight trousers in the future and google brings them here. My wife bought me a pair of Patagonia Terrebonne trousers in XL for my Christmas.

Whilst I’d like them a little longer, they’re quite Tapered at the bottom so don’t feel or look too short. Xl waist is easily big enough for 36″. Might have even got away with the L tbh.

What I can say about them is they’re really comfortable, like I’m wearing nothing.
    Checked weight on kitchen scales and they come in at 180g. Which is 1/3 of the weight of most of my other trousers and actually 5g lighter than my lightweight tca shorts.

Ambrose

Ron Hills. Brilliant, old-school, under-rated kit.

matt_outandabout

Patagonia Terrebonne

Ah, they just need some bright 0atterns and they can compete with Troll Omni’s….

bruneep

A trip back to the 80’s is what you need

matt_outandabout

I can hear the crackle of static from here…

breninbeener

If you took some merino longjohns and a pair of lighteeight trail shorts, you would have a really versatile set of clothing that can be worn seperately or combined.

ricko1984
    Free Member

+ 1 for the Decathlon ones, very happy with them on recent bike packing trips

kaiser
    Free Member

I love Ron Hill tracksters so much I’m making the same comment again ! 2 pairs in winter !
    Currently cheap at Wiggle
    Only drawback is not suitable if fashion conscious !

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.