Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Lightweight Softshell/Windstopper
  • fathomer

I’m after a something to wear when it’s not quite warm enough for a long sleeve jersey but to warm for a normal softshell. Temps between 8-12 degrees I guess.

Something like the Endura MT500, but what else is there, Endura is pretty much the only brand the LBS stocks.

matt_outandabout

Thin, breathable and ‘right’ for me on a bike is the Montane Dyno.
    It is the classic ‘keeps enough wind out, enough drizzle out and enough warmth in’ when moving.
    I love it.

jsync

Another Dyno user here. I run pretty hot and It’s the only jacket I have used that I don’t have to take off after the first 5 mins in spring / summer. Not sure it’s amazingly windproof as you can see through it if you hold it up to the light, but then that is why it’s so breathable. I think someone had one for sale in the classifieds recently.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Endura FS260 jetstream is a good thin windstopper.

nbt

longsleeve jersey with a Montane Featherlight pertex jacket

legend
    Free Member

Odlo Storm (I think it’s called Storm) works very nicely imo

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Montane dyno. Great wee jacket for those nightrides that feel cold at first, but have you sweating pretty quickly.

fathomer

Thanks for the suggestions, I’ll go have a google 🙂

tonyd

What about a long sleeve jersey and a gilet? I use a gore countdown AS, mostly for commuting. It’s very windproof and has a mesh back to let heat out. This week I’ve been wearing it with just a thermal helly base layer and it’s spot on for a 15-20mph commute. I generally use it with various layers throughout the year other than the hottest periods, very versatile.

There are some other cheaper alternatives to gore that folks on here have given very good reports of.

UK-FLATLANDER

I like the Rab Vapour Rise Lite – may well fit the bill.

BadlyWiredDog

+1 for the Rab VapourRise Lite, I’ve got the Alpine, hooded version and use it a lot.

stevemorg2

+2 for the Rab VR – copes with a range of conditions

clubber
    Free Member

Review of it here (since I’m also interested in the same as the OP)

http://forgottentracks.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/review-rab-vapour-rise-lite-jacket.html

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Lightweight Softshell/Windstopper’ is closed to new replies.