Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Lightweight ISCG chain device for riding everywhere. Recommendations please
  • benji_allen
    Free Member

I want to change to a single ring. I don't want one of those BB fitting XC guides, as I've got ISCG tabs, but I also don't want an idler or roller on it as I don't want any drag. Was thinking of getting something like an E Thirteen LS1, or a DaBomb Recoil, and cutting the idler arm bit off of the backplate. Is this a bad idea? Anyone else got something they use and like?

jam-bo

front mech?

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Pauls?

Gamut guides are excellent and the one of the lightest..

benji_allen
    Free Member

Was hoping to sell the mech and shifter to replace the money spent on the guide. Also they sit in the granny position.

benji_allen
    Free Member

Rockthreegozy, they look good. Never seen them before. Cheers.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Second the Gamut P20/P30 (depending on what ring you want to run). I use a P20 on my trail bike with a 32t ring.

Naturally they do have a lower idler guide but the drag is so minimal as to be hardly an issue. They are so simple to fit as well – literally I just bolted mine straight on within 20 minutes. Every other chain device I've tried to fit has been a **** ball ache of the first order.

I know you have ISCG tabs but if you really do only want a top guide, then the BB mounted 1.X MRP really is the best solution. I have used one albeit briefly and if I am perfectly honest, the only reason I went back to the Gamut is because it looked better. I know that sounds utterly ridiculous, but there you go; the MRP works fine for hardcore trail riding and I had no problems loosing the chain.

dmoffitt90
    Free Member

http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/dmr-chain-cage-item37398.html what about a dmr chaincage ? cheap and very adjustable.

benji_allen
    Free Member

Geetee, you're probably right thinking about it. Just cos they're there doesn't mean I need to use them. Might save a couple of grams too.

Vortexracing

I've got a Gamut Dual, very light and works a treat. The P20/P30 are also very light and superb.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Lightweight ISCG chain device for riding everywhere. Recommendations please’ is closed to new replies.