Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Lights – help please
  • dai3015
    Free Member

Just looking for some advice please

Just about start cycling at night now the nights are drawing in on my new GT Grade FB

I’ve got 2 Cree XM-L T6 torches and was wondering if, with the appropriate mountings, they’d be any good for riding on unlit roads or would they cause too much dazzle to oncoming vehicles?

Is it better to get something like a Fenix BC30 or am I just wasting money?

Thanks

nickjb
    Free Member

any good for riding on unlit roads or would they cause too much dazzle to oncoming vehicles?

They are only really suitable for off road use as they do dazzle. You could get away with using them on the road when there is no one else around then switch off or point them down (you need to point them a long way down though) when another road user is around, like main beam in a car. Plenty of idiots on the road use them all the time though.

fifeandy
    Free Member

They will be perfect.
    I’d suggest one on the helmet and one on the bars.

thepodge
    Free Member

I found that my torches (different model) had too much of a spot beam and didn’t illuminate enough area.

If you’re on unlit roads you don’t really need too much light though and you don’t need to point them at people, just far enough along the road to shine on where you’re going to be in the next 10 second or so.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Lights – help please’ is closed to new replies.