Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Lights advice for Mayhem solo
  • djflexure

Never done a 24 hr solo before but have ridden at night a fair bit.

Currently have:
    1. Lupine Edison 5 on bars – will give me 3-4 hours on 10W setting.
    2. Exposure Joystick on helmet – 1 to 2 hours.

Will probably get some sleep so aim to ride 4-6hours during dark, may go longer if feeling good.
    The easiest option seems to be a piggyback battery for the Joystick. Should I go for the triple and stick it in a pocket or get a couple of singles that will attach to helmet?

Alternatively should I think about a separate/ back up light. Don’t want to spend +++.

Thanks

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

i did Clic24 solo a few years back and forgot to take any lights.

i rode later than I thought I could without lights just by following other people.

Some bloke kindly lent me a set of lights when he saw I was riding without any and they lasted about 3-4 hours and by the time they died I could see well enough.

Battery in pocket not on the helmet if you can

snakebite
    Free Member

We have a load of Lupine Wilma 10’s in the shop to get rid of, ideal for these sorts of event, PCS built in to change outputs etc, 10 hours @ 9 watts (650 lumens)£400 with a full warranty. SITS/MM etc usually require that you have lights on your bike from dusk onwards.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    djflexure

Cheers – I’m sure the light would be great and will bear in mind. Was hoping to have change from £100, so looking at extra batteries – emailed smudge, the uk mtb lights guy.

smudge
    Free Member

ygm djflexure 🙂

vdubber67
    Free Member

Surely if you sleep it’s not a 24hr solo? 😉

Joking aside, why not run your joystick on medium – 10hrs run time no?

amt27
    Free Member

I’m running a Diablo with Triple Piggyback on bike and just ordered a Joystick for the helmet.

djflexure

Surely if you sleep it’s not a 24hr solo?

I’m ashamed I contemplated rest – thanks to Smudge will now have power to run through the night – like an Energizer Bunny.

djflexure

I’m running a Diablo with Triple Piggyback on bike and just ordered a Joystick for the helmet.

Great combination but I’d consider a piggyback for the Joystick as well. Mine was all out after two night-time laps last year.

BadlyWiredDog

I had Smudge make me a double piggyback – it’s a good compromise, strap it onto the back of your helmet and use it with a Joystick. It’s definitely more convenient not having a lead trailing down your back and it should happily last all night.

Elmo
    Free Member

Smudge is getting me through the night bits with extra batteries too!
    Top banana Smudge! 😀

http://www.mtbbatteries.co.uk

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Lights advice for Mayhem solo’ is closed to new replies.