Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • lights
  • MrKipling
    Free Member

Hi I am after some reasonable cheap lights, I got some from dealextreme a few years back but they don’t seem to have a good selection anymore including chargers and batteries.

any recommendations ?

Cheers
    MrK

hooli

Depends what you consider cheap? There are these at the very cheap end of the scale – work brilliantly, battery lasts 2 seasons and then I tend to bin them and get a new set. My wife and kids each have a set for occasional night rides. I sometimes use one as a helmet light.

There is also the Halfords Bikehut 1600, no external battery pack. I have one for commuting.

There are a number of options between 1 and 2 hundred but I don’t have first hand experience of these so will let others comment.

anagallis_arvensis

Chilli tech have some good options.

johnnystorm

https://www.mtbbatteries.co.uk/mountain-bike-lights/

Good VFM rather than ‘cheap’ and certainly not disposable!

zippykona

Is there anything Diablo bright that uses an 18650 battery?

fatbikeandcoffee
    Free Member

I started with cheap ones, then had them decease too often, most often at bad times mid ride and then bought decent (read expensive ones) but have not had to replace, cut a ride short or stress about wires burning since.

It is one of those things where I think you should spend a bit but then they work so well and last too :/

Good luck with your hunt.

James

hooli

I started with cheap ones, then had them decease too often, most often at bad times mid ride and then bought decent (read expensive ones) but have not had to replace, cut a ride short or stress about wires burning since

It is funny you say that, a few on our regular night ride group have exposure lights and 2 of them failed last winter. They both ended up loaning my cheapo ones linked above while they were away being fixed. It certainly didn’t slow either of them down and I am not aware of it setting either of their houses on fire.

MrKipling
    Free Member

Cheers guys, I am going for some of those MTBBattery lights as they are local to me 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.