Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Lightest bashring available?
  • stanley

So where might I find a really light bashring?

Not bothered about it being very strong. Just want to replace my redundant outer ring with something that looks ok and wont rip chunks out of my leg in a leg/chainring interaction!

Cheers

steezysix
    Free Member

Cheapest would surely be to cut/file the teeth off your old outer ring then re-install it? Might take a while but should work.

stanley

Lightest, not cheapest!!

Could do. Might not look great though?

Rorschach
    Free Member
    mboy
    Free Member

There was a guy on here making custom made Ti bashrings a while back, and iirc they were very light. Wasn’t much to them at all, and he wasn’t even charging silly money.

nuke

Dunno whether it’s the lightest but I’ve been using a Blackspire Lite God…

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=40532

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I think gammut are the lightest proper bash ring?

I’m after one of those Ti rings if anyone knows who made them?

YoKaiser
    Free Member
    PaulD
    Free Member

The Uberlight was 60g and covers a 36T.

I have 2x Shimano Hone M600 black PC+PET guards that weigh 72g.

They cover a 32T easily (may cover a 33 or 34T) and use standard chainring bolts.

You can have one, used but unbashed, for £12 posted.

Email me if interested.

paul.r.davisAThotmail.co.uk

thomthumb
    Free Member

bbg good & cheap.

float
    Free Member

have a poo

Northwind

BBG is very light… But I had a superlight and I couldn’t call it a bashring, it was a chaincatcher, first time it bashed a rock it bent in half. Probably the others are stronger so I wouldn’t judge them on that- and it made for a really good chainguide piece on another bike.

Gamut is the lightest I’ve had that actually served as a bashring.

theotherjonv

TINAS

Can’t remember who made them but I have one ‘redundant’ in the parts box. Covered a 32T ring. Was on my ss as a chaincatcher although never really needed it. Can’t use it now as I have a 34T Tazzy wonky ring and to put it behind a bashring would make it harder for people to spot my nicheness.

If any good, make me an offer? Sadly, cash only, not offering credit terms on this which i know will disappoint you 😉

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I’ve got a 32t BBG which I can weigh for you?

It’s for sale too.

bm0p700f
    Free Member

The plastic saint bash ring I had for a few years must be one of the lighest being well plastic.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

If you are really concerned about about weight then don’t bother with a bash guard.

steve_b77
    Free Member

This Raceface light bash ring is a mere 65g’s and they take a lot of hammer, trust me 😉

Northwind

bm0p700f – Member

The plastic saint bash ring I had for a few years must be one of the lighest being well plastic.

The current saint ones aren’t light at all- sure they’re made of plastic, but a lot of it.

stufield
    Free Member

Seems hope bashing would solve what your looking for: Here

fivespot
    Free Member

Saw the Hope chain guide and ring at a Llandegla test day recently, and going by looks, nothing else comes close 😉

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Lightest bashring available?’ is closed to new replies.