- Light, strong 29er wheels for less than £500?
Here’s the thing, looking for a wheels for a 29er. My wish list:
• Strong & stiff – conventional wisdom would say 32 “standard” spokes;
• Light (for a 29er) – aiming for 1700g a pair;
• Quality hubs – don’t mind if their cartridge bearing or cup and cone;
• 6-bolt or splined hubs – not too bothered;
• 15mm front axle – Maxle or Fox/Shimano compatible;
• Under £500.
Suggestions?Posted 5 years agoDyffersMember
Mate may have had a dud set but his 3.30 hubs didn’t last long. 3 wet xc races and needed bearings
I was a bit pensive about them, reading the usual internet ‘dead in a week’ type forum posts.
However, I took the plunge to save weight over the Hope hubs and mine have done 18 months of riding, SS and geared, submerged in welsh rivers on loaded bikepacking trips, 12 and 24 hour enduros (although not many of them), and are still running fine.
I have no doubt that YMMV in the very literal sense.
The noise of Pro IIs drives me mental…
The 3.30s are quite quiet compared with my Hope Monos on the road bike and Hope XCs on the 26er.Posted 5 years ago
The topic ‘Light, strong 29er wheels for less than £500?’ is closed to new replies.