Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 932 total)
  • light bicycle carbon rims
  • nicolaisam
    Free Member

been at customs for a week nearly…No letter for payment received

davosaurusrex

Mine should be built tomorrow with poverty spec Hopes, unfortunately I’m in Germany so won’t get them until next week. Ordered some 29mm tape from everyone’s favourite online seller superstar for 8 quid, going to give tubeless another go

J273
    Free Member

Ive not really looked into this so maybe a dumbass question?

I was going with derby 29er rims which are:

Outer width: 35mm
    Inner width: 29mm
    Depth: 30.5mm

http://www.derbyrims.com/technical-specs.html

Do light bicycle do the same 30.5 deep rims as the derbys above?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mikekay
    Free Member

needs some more pics this thread, has anyone bought some enve decals for theirs yet????

Just ordered some 26″ x 33mm wide with these graphics,

any similarities are purely coincidental 😳

adsh
    Free Member

Best place to get Revolutions and prolocks?

frogstomp

First ride out on my home-built 27mm hookless hoops.. didn’t explode so all good!

Went for a multipurpose build – Hope Hubs with DT Swiss competition spokes and brass nipples.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Still waiting for my wheels to be built. Three weeks waiting for right spokes to come in. Now no Prolock nipples for 2 -3 weeks. Going to order them myself online and just go and throw them at the bike shop.

DT78
    Free Member

Where did you get those decals made up? I asked Slik and they said they wouldn’t adjust the sizing from standard enve which meant they wouldn’t fit the rims.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Revolutions from RoseBike. I never bother with pro locks, just std alloys if required.

kimbers

I think LB will provide you with custom graphics

regretting not getting anything for mine now

Im worried about waiting for spokes so want to get measurements to the LBS before they arrive- anyone know spoke lengths for pro2s with 650b 35mm wide rims?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Are people really putting Enve stickers on non Enve wheels?

Is that not a bit Mr2Ferarri?

Yetiman
    Free Member

I picked up my wheels yesterday afternoon, and first impressions are good. The 35mm rims look a lot more meaty with the tyres fitted, and they give a great shape to the 2.4 Mountain Kings, which now look a good bit wider than they did on the previous rim. They are now on the bike ready for their first thrashing at GT/Inners this weekend 🙂

mactheknife

Guys, some advice please. I really like the sound of these rims. I will ask my LBS to build them up for me but spoke length, ERD and spoke types are all a bit foreign to me.

Is it too much to expect them to figure this all out and build them around the hubs i want, or should i go armed with all this info for them even though there is a very good chance i will get some of it wrong.

Cheers 🙂

goodgrief
    Free Member

If you trust the shop to build the wheels I would hope they have the ability to measure the ERD and put the figures into a spoke calculator. ERD figures are unreliable because there are many variables but hub measurements should be spot on and easily available.

njee20
    Free Member

If you trust the shop to build the wheels I would hope they have the ability to measure the ERD and put the figures into a spoke calculator.

This.

DT78
    Free Member

LB will do custom graphics but wont do a copy of a brand (I asked for enves)

And whats wrong with putting whatever stickers you like the look of on your bike?

I’ve even got my name on mine…..

brianp
    Free Member

Yetiman, could you possibly measure how wide the 2.4 Mountain Kings are on the new 35mm rims.

I have the same tyres and when I first unpacked them, they laid on the table at about 3″ wide. Ever since have wondered how wide they would be on 35mm or even 45mm Dually’s. On my 719’s they are only just over 2″, say 2.2 at a guess.

Would be good to know the width will be ok on my 2014 Fargo, there looks to be lots of room just now.

Brian.

tomhoward

And whats wrong with putting whatever stickers you like the look of on your bike?

Especially ones that make your rims look 5 times more expensive eh? I’m assuming you’d remove them if you sold them?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Are people really putting Enve stickers on non Enve wheels?

For anyone over 13, that is utterly utterly tragic.

Northwind

I might put Mavic 117 stickers on mine.

kimbers

ill see what stickers mbuk has next

I knd of wish id asked for the LB decals, dont think they look too bad tbh
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/light-bicycle/8059559484/in/set-72157631704846817

i might get something ‘witty’ like front and rear

Northwind

Sorted

Will match the Ohlins sticker on my rigid forks.

tomhoward

DT78s car, earlier…

image by tomhoward379, on Flickr

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Dymag are “making” carbon roadie wheels now!

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Mucho lulz!

davosaurusrex

Got mine without decals, didn’t pull the trigger as I didn’t like the colorway etc. Loving those dymag stickers though northwind, how big are they? Marcheseni would be good too….
    *scuttles off to search ebay*

Yetiman
    Free Member

Brianp – they aren’t far off 2.5″ across the widest part of the sidewall. Definitely fatter than they were on my 719’s.

DT78
    Free Member

You’re just jealous because my rims will more awesome than yours. The stickers will increase the stiffness by 2.2%, I’ll be an extra 6.4% faster with them and and 11.2% more rad to the gnar.

davosaurusrex

Marchesini. Gah.

onandon
    Free Member

Has anyone built these up for a lefty fork?
    Interested in some 650s for my scalpel

Thanks

RobHilton
    Free Member

Has anyone built these up for a lefty fork?

In the process of – LBS has all the gubbins, but they’re a bit busy and I’m a relaxed customer 🙂

For anyone over 13, that is utterly utterly tragic

Funny guy! :mrgreen:

brianp
    Free Member

Thanks Yetiman, 2.5″ sounds just right for my Fargo with Fox forks for now and then later when Rooster frame arrives with what ever the best 3″ tyre is by then.

Brian

dickie
    Free Member

At checkout for the 27mm wide hookless carbon rim there is the option of either all mountain or cross country but the description does not show the difference or mention either or.
    Anyone know the difference?

Bolt

On and on

Built a pair for my 29r lefty, what did you want to know?

Bolt

onandon
    Free Member

Hi bolt, just an idea on how they feel on the lefty.
    My SLRs are the lightest but they’re stiff and track well. I thought about these rims on dt 240s but don’t want to end up with a flexy mess killing the front end feel.

My idea is to pop 650s in the 2012 26er frame – I love that frame 🙂

Bolt

Hi, they seem plenty stiff enough on the 29er even built with dt revs through some pretty rocky stuff this morning,.
    Am running tubeless with 26 psi in the front on bontrage xr1 team issue tyres for info.

Should build up even stiffer in 650b.

Bolt

Northwind

dickie – Member

At checkout for the 27mm wide hookless carbon rim there is the option of either all mountain or cross country but the description does not show the difference or mention either or.
    Anyone know the difference?

Probably very similiar to the am vs dh 33mm ones- same mould and shape but different layup/density (or somesuch, I know nowt about how it actually works). So you’ll get a lighter but less strong option.

bigjim

(I asked for enves)

Please be joking

I actually agree with you for once

I might put Mavic 117 stickers on mine.

Actual lol! I might go for Rigida…

kimbers

ooohh mine landed in customs on friday, really hope i get them next week so can get them built up for ukge!

Skippy

How does it work with the customs clearance process? My rims have been with UK customs for over a week according to the tracking, but I haven’t received any communication from them.

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 932 total)

The topic ‘light bicycle carbon rims’ is closed to new replies.