Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Light Bicycle carbon rims quoted ERD. Accurate?
  • guitarhero
    Free Member

Placed my order for my ‘new’ 26 in, 33 mm carbon rims.
    Tempted to order my spokes (CX ray) so I’m ready to go when they (eventually) get here.
    Got my spoke lengths from the Wheelpro calculator, but suggests measuring the rims first.
    Have people been finding the quoted spoke lengths for their builds to be bang on?

cynic-al
    Free Member

It’s a piece of urine to measure, so you would hope so.

messiah
    Free Member

Yup, my 28mm were bang on… still not built the 33 yet though 😳

guitarhero
    Free Member

Cheers Messiah

messiah
    Free Member

Just nipped out to the garage. Website ERD for the 26″ 33mm is 518mm, and a quick measure with the tape says that’s what mine is. The spokes I’ve bought for my rear rebuild on a 32 hole Hope hub are 250mm, but I won’t have time to build it for a few more days.

boxfish
    Free Member

Mine were spot on, too.

Gee76
    Free Member

Mine ok too, tho in the past they’d been a bit out. Think they’re more accurate now.

I’ve taken a punt on some revs for my next build. Cx rays are pricey tho unless you can swop em!. Where are you getting them out of interest?

guitarhero
    Free Member

still shopping around. Planet x are cheapest but no stock. Everywhere else seems about the same price

DT78
    Free Member

Hoping mine are bang on as spokes have already arrived… (also hope the dt swiss spoke calc is accurate…)

Gee76
    Free Member

Revs can be picked up quite a bit cheaper I have found. Same weight and I don’t miss the aero effect 😉 been fine on my 26er wheels and happy to try em on 29er rims. 28 hole too!

CX rays are over £2 ea whereas rosebikes do revs for about 40 odd pence!!

If your really n a budget you could also go for aci alpina. Can be had for about 28p each in silver at cycle basket. They weigh the equivalent of supercomps!.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Light Bicycle carbon rims quoted ERD. Accurate?’ is closed to new replies.