Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Light and motion arc ultra failed
  • jsinglet

My Light and Motion Arc Ultra has started playing up. It will cut out whilst riding, and then won’t restart. When I start it up the light on the back turns on, so it’s got power, but the light doesn’t ignite. If I leave it like that it might illuminate 10 to 15 minutes later.

I’ve contacted Light and Motion but don’t hold out much hope of an economic repair as it’s about 5 years old.

The battery is the big endurance one, it would be good to be able to re-use the battery and charger if it could be made to work with one of the newer mtb batteries, or trout lights sort of lights.

Is that possible?

Cheers,

John

wwaswas

trout may be able to put some led’s in the existing lamp holder – he’s going to do that with a Lupine halogen I had.

squin
    Free Member

I smashe the bulb in mine and Madison quoted £120 just for the bulb – robbing b**t**ds! Decided that after 5 ywars of decent use, that there is no point in repairing. My new one from Dealxtreme has just arrived £30. Got to be worth a try!

trout
    Free Member

Is the housing plastic if so no good for a led upgrade

Battery and charger is good for a Dominator light head

Waswas just getting over a bad bout of flu since new year so will now be getting on with some of the conversions building up in the garage .

wwaswas

thanks for the update 🙂

Hope you have some heating in the garage!

jsinglet

Thanks for the info, yes the head is plastic, at least it feels it is, it’s an HID light so I guess that doesn’t need to be metal?

How much for a dominator made to work with my battery?

Thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Light and motion arc ultra failed’ is closed to new replies.