Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Lifts opening in Morzine?
  • Munqe-chick
    Free Member

So who knows when the lifts open in Morzine?? We are planning on doing the ham and cheese Portes du Soleil ride? Some people wanted to go out for a week however I thought that the lifts just opened for that weekend then re-shut?

Do we go for a long weekend (Thursday-Tuesdy) or a week? I’m more inclined to go for the fun and short long weekend.

any suggestions?

bruneep
    forge197
    Free Member

bruneep thanks for posting that. The 13day is good value if you are there for two weeks of course.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Brilliant thought someone would know on thiS! 1

MussEd
    Free Member

Passportes is the official opening for the season. Usually from start July{think it’s 4th} until last weekend in August?

MussEd
    Free Member

Oh but there are some lifts that are only used for this event and then closed for the season.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Yes MussEd that what I was thinking! MR MC did it about 6 years ago and lifts shut for a week or so after the free raid and he was stuck in Morgins with a long road ride back to Morzine .. it’s scared him for life!!

MussEd
    Free Member

No, it’s not like whole areas close down. Just one or two lifts dotted around that are only used for the weekend of the passportes. In the main the whole Portes du Soleil is open from then…

And you can definately get back from Morgins via lifts after PassPortes, definately.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Lifts opening in Morzine?’ is closed to new replies.