Lifts for the kids, dad's/mums taxi content.

Home Forum Chat Forum Lifts for the kids, dad's/mums taxi content.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Lifts for the kids, dad's/mums taxi content.
  • Junkyard

stop doing it if it is not quid pro Quo

I stopped and just started getting my own child when folk were totally taking the piss

wrightyson

There is one mum who never does anything! She bought mrs ws a bottle of wine at Christmas as some kind of thankyou/guilt present. Thing is they are all 15 so should be able to sort it fairly.

Premier Icon scotroutes
    Subscriber

There’s your problem. They might be Mums but they cant drive at that age.

Edukator

I was happy to give lifts and offered sensible cash when others did and it wasn’t reciprocal. The cash was rarely refused. I’ve just handed over a cheque for 300e for a car share to the Alps for junior. You know who the parents are outside night clubs at 04:00h, they’re the ones with a jacket thrown over whatever they were wearing in bed.

Premier Icon v8ninety
    Subscriber

There’s your problem. They might be Mums but they cant drive at that age.

<claps and chuckles>

Premier Icon FB-ATB
    Subscriber

Buy a 2 seater, problem solved!

wrightyson

For some reason it’s always **** us! There’s a group of 9 girls all mates with one being our daughter, it would appear some of the parents are always busy (drinking middle class wine) Netball Friday its us, lift from d of e us, lift back from derby us, lift back from meal out tonight us again. Don’t want the daughter to miss out but Mrs ws is particularly annoyed tonight as it’s a 10.30 pick up and I’ve accidentally had a beer so I’m now in the dog house too!!!
    Anybody else get the same grief?

5thElefant

Can you voluntarily get added to the sex offenders register?

That should sort it.

poly

At 15 is it not time they learned to use a bus?

Have you ever said to other parent “if you could pick them up, we will drop them off” that’s how it works round here.

Premier Icon MoreCashThanDash
    Subscriber

Poly has it – offer with a catch.

MrsMC recently refused a request for a lift from someone she thought was taking the proverbial. I now cower at the back of the playground when I do the school pick up….

Uber?

Bike?

Just say no and tell your daughter why. The message will soon get to other parents.

tjagain

poly – Member

At 15 is it not time they learned to use a bus?

~this. At 15 I was travelling all over the city on my own – and don’t say times have changed – they have for the better! This was Glasgow in the 70s

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

Uber account seems sensible but home only no detour.
    Failing that just tell Daughter to play along that you can’t and see who breaks

Premier Icon clareymorris
    Subscriber

Get a really embarrassing car.
    Worked for my dad when he bought the Skoda Estelle in 1980something!!!

yetidave

motorbike. 😀

Premier Icon BaronVonP7
    Subscriber

Sometimes, your not helping, by helping.

Actually, it’s most of the time, not “sometimes”.

Premier Icon Daffy
    Subscriber

It s perfect opportunity to buy yourself a two seat sports car.

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

Also what the hell do you drive that fits 9 teenagers in it (words not to leave on the Internet)

Other one was as an old boss did. Revenge served cold, on a leaving do he offered his son as driver for a couple of us. Unsure at 1050 what was going on I asked if we were heading off. He bought another round and proclaimed I’ve spent enough time waiting around in empty car parks for him…

zanelad

My daughter has her own place, own kids and yet still phones us for lifts.

Just say no. I do on occasion just to remind her that we have lives too. I don’t sit on my arse waiting for her to ring.

Premier Icon benp1
    Subscriber

9 girls?

Do you drive a minibus? If not, how are the others getting there?

You live in Belper don’t you Steve? My daughter (albeit a year older than yours) has been getting to Derby and back for over a year now with her mates from Matlock/Darley on the train. If someone’s available to take them to/from the station, then they do – otherwise it’s bus or taxi. Don’t let them (parents) take the piss mate and maybe give your young un a bit more independence?

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.