Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Lifeproof iPhone 5 case
  • yoshimi

Any good or too bulky for everyday use?
    Anything better out there?
    thanks

jam-bo

I like mine. My 18month old son hasn’t destroyed it yet so that must be a good sign.

i did have a problem with one of the microphone membranes and they sent me a new case within 2 days.

rusty90
    Free Member

I’ve got one, think it’s great. Not bulky at all.
    Not tried the full immersion test but it’s been through some rough stuff and the phone’s still working.

drummer
    Free Member

Griffin Survivor …you can literally throw your phone on the floor !

andysmiff1
    Free Member

A mate has a lifeproof fre for his iPhone 5 – he likes it apart from the screen protector.

Lifeproof are just releasing a new version – the nuud. Still waterproof but without a screen protector.

I’ve just got a Survivor + Catalyst, and so far so good! I prefer the integrated screen protector to the lifeproof one, and it’s not massively bulky – and fully waterproof.

I’d avoid the lunatik Taktik – had one and destroyed it within 6 weeks!!

yoshimi

The Griffin ones look a bit too bulky for my pocket…want an everyday fit and forget one – the Lifeproof ones look a lot less bulky but hard to compare from internet pics – seems to be a hell of a lot of fakes out there…..Ebay and Amazon seem to be full of them which makes trying to get the best price on one difficult 🙁

andysmiff1
    Free Member

The survivor + catalyst is pretty much the same size as the lifeproof, and I’m happy size-wise with it (not felt the need to take it off for everyday use)

Yup, it looks like eBay and amazon are full of fakes – I’d say if its under £40 it’s probably a fake! Think they retail around the £55 mark?

49er_Jerry
    Free Member

Simply brilliant. Slightly increased phone size, but by no means bulky. I don’t mind the screen protector. Infact, I would choose it, purely because it adds a little more protection. I have the Nuud for iPad and it works fine too.
    I damaged my case through wear and tear. Lifeproof replaced the whole case without fuss and without charge. Out of warranty too!
    Couldn’t recommend them enough.

yoshimi

Would anyone like to recommend somewhere to buy?

49er_Jerry
    Free Member

Lifeproof.com

2-3 day delivery

yoshimi

Got one ordered – I’m pretty sure its genuine after the reviews I read – £40

Thanks

zilog6128

that seems extremely cheap… who is the retailer?

yoshimi

Off eBay……so risky

But, 100% feedback with a lots of happy lifeproof buyers
    Plus there’s a link to a video showing how to tell real ones from fake
    *make quite a big thing about not being a fake/copy

I’ll take a chance then, if its not genuine when I receive it I’ll take it up with paypal/ebay

convert

I’ve been using the 4s version for nearly 2 years – excellent. I’m so clumsy and so disrespectful of gadgets that there is no way I’d still have a perfectly serviceable Iphone after 2 years otherwise! Only word of warning – you will get very complacent that your phone is bombproof in it. Mine goes swimming shoved down my wetsuit front, in my back pocket in pouring rain on the bike and listen to internet radio in the shower. Only snag was I damaged (through wear and tear in my pocket) the speaker membrane. Fortunately I noticed it filling with water when in the shower so was able to whip the phone out quickly, no harm done. If I have taken it to sea the phone would have been stuffed. It’s worth checking the case over regularly.

btw – I’d not touch a ebay fake with a barge pole. I bought one before replacing mine with a genuine version and it was rubbish in comparison. The screen protector was very iffy and the mute button was virtually inoperable with in it.

convert

I’ll take a chance then, if its not genuine when I receive it I’ll take it up with paypal/ebay

My fake was from a seller with lots and lots of happy punter reviews. the packaging did fail the fake test though. Just inspecting it sat next to a real one I was surprised how good it was but operationally it was dire.

zilog6128

well, good luck! That seller has sold the cases for as low as £30 recently. I don’t see how they can be genuine at that price unless they fell off the back of a lorry. Bear in mind a lot of people will be unaware when they’ve bought counterfeit goods and if they haven’t seen the real version the quality might well seem OK. If it is real you’ll know right away as the screen protector is very unobtrusive, on the fakes it is a bit crap.

thetallpaul
    Free Member

Used mine on a 4S. Cannot recommend highly enough. Great underwater photos on holiday. No problem with the screen protector.
    Company provides great support too.

yoshimi

Crap – £60 from the official site, what to do!?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Lifeproof iPhone 5 case’ is closed to new replies.