Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Liam Killeen
  • aracer
    Free Member

…after starting on the 5th row of the grid and making it up to 11th after the first lap. Definitely back.

grtdkad – are you or your kids MCS members? I did enjoy putting on my FB feed that my kids were been coached by Liam Killeen this week because Tracey Moseley wasn’t there 😉

I have had a few chats with Liam (once when I met him in Waitrose!), and as mentioned above his long layoff has been basically due to recovering from injury – the original ankle injury had a long recovery, he wasn’t ready to race when he broke his leg when hit by a truck. Was able to ride hard on the road, but not off-road for quite a long time.

eckinspain
    Free Member

Called up to the Commonwealth Games squad as a replacement for David Fletcher.

robbo
    Free Member

Brilliant news! He’s coming back fast and improving week on week as he gets into racing again. Good luck Liam!

http://www.ledburyreporter.co.uk/sport/11358354.Killeen_wins_late_Commonwealth_call_up/?ref=rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Speshpaul

Thats great news.

ledbury reporter- thats the big time 😆

Candodavid
    Free Member

Crikey, I can remember him being a wet behind the ears teenager on a WCPP training camp in Spain many years ago, good on him for never giving up

DenDennis
    Free Member

yeah good on him,
    good to see he’s back, very talented rider in his prime, up with the very best on his day.

he’s gone past (lapped) me a few times at events effortlessly, not one of the shouty ‘rider!’-type wannabes.

I think he also went under with a mystery illness for a while too no?

shame he’s had bad luck in his career. I think he’ll do well at the Comm games but Grant F on home turf should probably get the win in the circumstances.

grtdkad

aracer, yes. Me and middle child are MCS members.

My daughter did the coaching sessions in 2012/13 which she loved … unfortunately she’s had a few crashes in quick succession while out with me so confidence has taken a knock.

jamj1974

I thought Liam was a great rider and good to hear he is back in one way or another.

TheSanityAssassin

I remember giving it the full beans on my last lap at Mayhem this year when someone cruised past me like I was in reverse (I was averaging around 40 min laps, so not hanging around). I glanced up at the rapidly departing figure, spotted a shock of blonde hair hanging out of the back of the helmet, slim figure and deeply tanned legs and my first thought was ‘**** moi, she’s rapid’. Then I saw the Malvern CC jersey and twigged it was Liam Killeen. His riding style was just so smooth he made riding look effortless and the trail seem completely flat and featureless. It was quite enlightening to see just how good these top riders are in comparison to mere mortals, as opposed to in elite races.

grtdkad

He did bloody well in Glasgow considering lack of match practice.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Liam Killeen’ is closed to new replies.