• This topic has 11 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by tdog.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • LH Front Brake / RH Rear Brakesets from UK retailers
  • lodious
    Free Member

I’ve recently bought two Shimano hydraulic brake sets from UK sellers (XT from Merlin and M365 from Treadz). Both have been supplied as LH Front Brake / RH Rear. Nether made this clear on the website. Is this normal from UK sellers? Last set I bought were from Rosebikes in Germany and they supplied them setup the standard UK way.

Am I missing something? I thought UK sellers would sell them RH Front / LH Rear? Sorry if I’m being a dumbass. I’m a bit out of touch with cycling stuff of late.

joemmo
    Free Member

Could be OEM parts but you usually have to shorten the hoses anyway so just swap them over and the problem is solved.

lodious
    Free Member

Yeah, they are def. OEM, does that mean they supplied be wrong handed?

simondbarnes

They sell whatever they can get cheap. Swapping the hoses would eat into their profits.

tdog
    Free Member

I reckon you are missing the point joemmo

tomhoward

Did they specify which was which?

If not, you take that gamble from the cheap resellers, some sometimes it pays off, sometimes it doesn’t.

IvanMTB
    Free Member

UK sellers would sell them RH Front / LH Rear? Sorry if I’m being a dumbass.

Praise Lord. UK finally getting out of their wrong way of braking 🙂

High time to get in line with Braking World.

Cheers!
    I.

tomhoward

Praise Lord. UK finally getting out of their wrong way of braking

But correct for the side of the road we ride on?

philjunior
    Free Member

Praise Lord. UK finally getting out of their wrong way of braking

But correct for the side of the road we ride on?

And in line with other two wheeled vehicles (noting that feet are unavailable for braking on a push bike)

joemmo
    Free Member

Yeah, they are def. OEM, does that mean they supplied be wrong handed?

They are correctly handed for the majority of the market in this part of the globe so the seller probably got them from the European distributor and didn’t check or turned a blind eye to it.

I reckon you are missing the point joemmo

Ok. Well it’s a minor inconvenience but easy to fix.

lodious
    Free Member

Just to follow up on this, Tredz mailed me back about this and were apologetic and offered to refund the cost of a LBS swapping the brakes over up to the value of £35. The brakes only cost £30 for the pair! I thought that was pretty amazing service. They also offered to swap them over for me if I returned them.

As it happens, I just did it myself. No bleeding needed. All good.

tdog
    Free Member

Oioi Savaloy ! 😎

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘LH Front Brake / RH Rear Brakesets from UK retailers’ is closed to new replies.