Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Lezyne Macro duo 700l – any good?
  • submarined
    Free Member

I need to sort out a helmet light for trail use, and it would be handy to have another rear light for commuting, and these are relatively cheap at the moment (£35 ish)
    Anyone got one? Are they any good? I tend not to night ride XC for more than couple of hours, and my commute is only 1/2 an hour or so. Would seem ideal for extra visibility on the road with the bonus of illuminating the trails at night.

Supposedly up to 700l at the front on full beam for 1hr45, which would do me fine, and 30l at the rear on flash for, err, some time. Which would seem fine by me.

Would seem a good bang-for-buck accompaniment for my current Zecto Drive/Evolva X2 combo.

charliem
    Free Member

I’ve had one of these for 3 years (I think the 400 lumen version) and it’s excellent. Battery life is good, charges quickly, survived a few knocks. The 700L looks like a steal for £35.

submarined
    Free Member

Great stuff, thanks! Do you use it as a helmet light? If so, is the amount of light it throws out decent enough for trail riding in addition to a bar mount?

charliem
    Free Member

Yeah I use it as a helmet light on the continuous mode with front & back flashing ones on the bike. Don’t ride off-road but on full blast it did very well illuminating some pitch black Cambridgeshire lanes last winter. The one you’re looking at is almost twice as bright so I’d assume it’ll do the job!

dirtydog
    Free Member

1100XL is available for £50.00 or 450XL for £25, both on ebay, not seen the 700XL for less than 45.00 though.

Bought a 350 a few weeks ago, good for the money.

ElShalimo

how many lumens would you recommend for road rides on unlit country lanes?

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

Thanks for the psa:)

submarined
    Free Member

😀 I made sure there were plenty available before I put it up here 😀
    Cheers for the advice all, have ordered one.

steeble
    Free Member

Oh come on, I put this up yesterday
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/psa-lezyne-macro-duo
    Good light, as others have, Ive got the 400 and its great for commuting

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Lezyne Macro duo 700l – any good?’ is closed to new replies.