Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • lez gets
  • showerman
    Free Member

just packing the canyon away for a weeks trip to lez gets hope its not to liteweight for the job
    been watching the weather if lucky rain should stay away,and the world champs are on out there to next week

allthegear
    Free Member

Got back last weekend with my Nicolai Helius CC – seemed fine!!!

Rachel

big_scot_nanny

That looks perfect! Depends what trails your riding, but you’ll have a hoot on that.

Weather should be fine. It’s been scorching here in Switzerland for a while now, but today it went from 35C at 2pm to 15C at 8pm. A spectacular shift. Also pissing it down. But it’ll clear up over Saturday and sunny again Sunday.

Have fun, went for the first time this year, caused me to buy a new bike but my christ it was great fun.

🙂

Kev

ventanarider
    Free Member

grass needs cutting and what are those bike stands? 😉

showerman
    Free Member

yep have been riding lite weight frames for years everytime i go to the alps i break something. so got this first holiday on it so some good times ahead 😀

honourablegeorge

I know photos can be deceptive, but what’s the head angle on that? Looks quite steep to my eye.

Deveron53
    Free Member

I really thought this thread was about something else… 😕
    It’s ‘Les Gets’ Pronounced ‘lay jay’ (sort of)

showerman
    Free Member

head angle 65.7

nmdbase
    Free Member

Lez gets 😆

honourablegeorge

head angle 65.7

Right – deceptive, like I said. Enjoy.

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

hooo weee i was going to ask the head angle question too.
    And you won’t be the only one on a Canyon out there either, not like over here.
    Also if i were you i’d spend 1 day in lezer gets and the rest of the week else where…

geetee1972
    Free Member

LOL at the idea that that bike might not be enough for the alps 😀

I do know what you mean about breaking stuff though. The casualty list from my one week trip recently:

One Easton Haven Carrbon rear wheel (broke several spokes)
    One pair of Point One Racing Podium Pedals (disintegrated the bearings)
    One set of shimano brake pads (melted them, literally)
    One gear cable snapped
    One saddle trashed in a small off
    Boiled both my brakes

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

I managed to ride for 5 weeks this summer on my Scott Gambler with the only maintenance required being some changes of brake pads. Not even a puncture, and the 2.7″ Blue Groove and the 2.5″ Nevegal lasted the summer too.

I guess bike longevity comes down to luck…

scant
    Free Member

take lots of spare with you, bike shop prices out there are pretty high.
    aside from that, its an awesome area (got back saturday)

BoardinBob

take lots of spare with you, bike shop prices out there are pretty high.

They’re really not. Torico and DSV are no more expensive than you’d pay back here

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

Some friends picked up new tyres same price or cheaper than CRC. The prices are very reasonable over there these days

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Maxxis tyres are 55 euros. That is at the steeper end. I didn’t see one cheaper anywhere in the Alps over a 5 week period.

BoardinBob

Maxxis tyres are 55 euros. That is at the steeper end. I didn’t see one cheaper anywhere in the Alps over a 5 week period.

You weren’t looking hard enough. DSV, right in the centre of Morzine, all dual ply Maxxis tyres were €45 each.

tcomc1000
    Free Member

Are the world champs being held in portes du soleil this year? Thought they were being held somewhere else???

geetee1972
    Free Member

World Champs are being held in Champery next Sunday, which while in Switzerland, is part of the Porte Du Soleil area. You should be ablt to get there via Lindaret/Chatel/Morgin but it’s quite a long ride. Having said that it takes almost as long by car.

showerman
    Free Member

yep is a little way from morzine BUT very little riding as the lifts are all open,just have to remember that the lifts close around 5ish just thinking about all those long long downhills 😀 .did the pass port in june and had to many machanicals (or bad luck) to enjoy it so will do it again next week

scant
    Free Member

i tried those shops mentioned, yup, expensive.

rhid

Its not too bad to get to champery from Morzine and les gets, just take the route mentioned above. Plus you can ride the old swiss national down into switzerland which is worth the trip alone!

tcomc1000
    Free Member

Cheers stw collective!
    I am off to play morzine and les gets next week. The route down from The top of the lift at the French/Swiss border down into switzerland, is it hardcore downhill with jumps? Comparing it to the linderette runs, blue, red or green like?
    Also last request for advice, scintered or organic pads ? Have heard arguments for both, what’s the collective advice
    Cheers
    Mark

BoardinBob

I started with sintered and switched to organic. Much better and less heat issues

ianpinder
    Free Member

scant not exxpensive, just retail prices, yes, highrollers and minions are £45 a tire retail now

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘lez gets’ is closed to new replies.