• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by jedi.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Levo to trance e…anyone done the same
  • georgecats_0
    Free Member

Thinking about selling my levo and buying a trance e, had the normal problems with the spesh, and my nearest dealer is miles away, if I buy a trance e I have a lot closer dealer to deal with any problems that arise, would I regret going from the spesh to a giant? Anyone else made the same move? Thanks

argee

Not gone from a spesh, but did go from a Bosch ebike to e-reign and enjoy it, can’t say it’s better or worse, i just know the main things, such as geometry, feel and especially the motor/batter range are all similar.

I tend to alter a little for the bike, so didn’t notice huge changes, unless you’re doing something that the levo is especially good at, then the e-trance should do the job, it’s a nice bike, well reviewed and basically the same as the reign with a little less travel.

z1ppy

I’d love to say you’ll regret it, but I doubt you will. Having a local dealer to turn to, is simply great for your piece of mind. I don’t know what Giant service is like, maybe check the giant section on the emtb forum, for feedback. After all, for all the issues Spesch e-bike has, their warranty turn around (from a good dealer) is excellent

hainman
    Free Member

Two mates have both had either replacement or refunds off Giant bikes
    Both have suffered from water ingress and loss of power
    Both bought online and a bugger to get to and back from the shop for warranty
    One was E-reign
    The other an E-trance
    Boys have been out when wet and half way through a ride the bikes just packed in
    Days over
    Check on the EMTB Facebook pages before ye buy the Giant as it’s a common fault

transporter13
    Free Member

Also have a mate who’s been through a motor(broken motor case) and is in the process of fighting for a new battery and wiring loom from Giant. They tried fobbing him off by saying its not a warranty issue but have eventually relented and now fixing it “as a goodwill gesture”
    Bike has done just over 1000 miles and is less than a year old.

mtbfix

Giant have put their hands up to some historical water issues on their bikes. 2021 bikes ought to be more reliable in that respect.

jedi

I’ve got a trance e bike. No issues with it at all. My mate had issues with his older version but they seem sorted now

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Levo to trance e…anyone done the same’ is closed to new replies.