Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Levers for KS droppers…
  • vincienup
    Free Member

Having a wonder as I’ve just started fitting a Lev with the Superlight polycarbonate lever and discovered it won’t mount to the lockons.

I’m running SRAM brakes, something that mounted MMX would be ideal. I don’t think the Southpaw does? Not sure I want to start modding a shift lever…

thepurist

If you can find an mmx fork lockout lever that’ll probably be fine and less faff than modding a shifter.

Kahurangi

If you already have a shifter…..

My Lev is mounted to a XT lever, works very nicely.

damascus
    Free Member

What Jon said. I’m going to connect mine to my I spec front xt shifter

vincienup
    Free Member

Sadly it’s a native 1x setup do no front shifter – in fact being SRAM x1 there isn’t a direct swap front shifter – whatever I do I’m buying something…

vincienup
    Free Member

Jon, did you need to dremel out ratchet stops, or is it literally unmodified shifter?

sillyoldman

I find the stock remote works best when not used as a lock-on collar – much more ergonomic (for me) a few mm inboard of the grip. Worth a try before spending beer money on another remote.

Otherwise, Southpaw is good. Got a couple of bikes with Southpaws and a couple with the stock remote. Prefer the Southpaw, but not by a huge margin.

kimbers

Southpaw is much better lever, everyone seems to be copying it now

scotroutes

Southpaw is nice. I’ve just fitted one to my Ragley.

blairc70
    Free Member

The specialized command dropper one will work with KS, looks like it will fit with sram.

rotten
    Free Member

What you need is made by Bike Yoke and it’s called Triggy. I have one fitted for my Lev and it mounts to the rear brake lever. Looks ace, works ace but is a little pricey.

Kahurangi

vincienup – I followed the instructions from vital mtb. You remove then ratchet plate piece and reassemble.

I didn’t already have a shifter but I did want to mount with the i-spec bolts. I think it’s also still cheaper than the southpaw or any other dedicated remote lever.

vincienup
    Free Member

Cheers Jon, I’ll have a think. Being honest, there is a cosmetic issue. For some reason I’m fine with different looking lever that isn’t a shifter body but a non matching shifter body would upset my inner OCD 🙂

Silly, I’ve got Lev’s with regular remotes on other bikes … horses for courses, I find the lock on mount better than separate on the bar – but I do run my brakes quite a way inboard for one finger only use and find that any of the normal remotes your angle choice is restricted by potential for cable exit fouling on brake lever blade… I do also like how it keeps the button out of the way.

Also taking a look at Purist’s idea of a rockshox lockout lever…

stevied
    Free Member

What about something like this:

vincienup
    Free Member

Rotten… Triggy looks good!

nwmlarge
    Free Member

I’ve started using the southpaw and wouldn’t go back it’s so much easier and better placed.

otsdr
    Free Member

If I didn’t already have the SouthPaw I would have ordered a Triggy; the SP “clamp” has a tendency to slip if you don’t tighten it to unconfortable levels.

andybrad

id love one of the integrated ones that replace the lock on grip. I tried to buy one from supremehobnob but it never arrived and i never got my money back. Silly old me for using pay pal gift hey!

if anyone would like to swap (or sell me) a lock on remote id be interested.

vincienup
    Free Member

I was taking a look at Triggy over lunch.

It’s not cheap at all at £50 after conversion but it does look awesome.

Rear loading for this. I feel a purchase coming on…

jam-bo

I have a triggy with the IspecB adapter and it’s great. I run mine with the dehy reverb conversion kit.

JackHammer

If I didn’t already have the SouthPaw I would have ordered a Triggy; the SP “clamp” has a tendency to slip if you don’t tighten it to unconfortable levels.

Good to know it’s not just me wincing at the torque required to stop it slipping. Thinking of wrapping some leccy tape round the bar first to give it some more purchase.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Good to know it’s not just me wincing at the torque required to stop it slipping. Thinking of wrapping some leccy tape round the bar first to give it some more purchase

I use fibre grip paste for mine – no more issues.

Standard grip lever is utter turd by comparison. If that’s all that was available, I would buy another post.

trusty

I found tape didn’t stop the sp clamp from slipping, might try some paste instead if that works

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Levers for KS droppers…’ is closed to new replies.