Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Lever flick bleed on sram guide?
  • zippykona

With shimano you can screw the bucket on, add fluid and flick the lever to expel bubbles.

Is there a similar method for sram guides?

bigyan
    Free Member

You can fit a syringe with the plunger removed to act as a reservoir.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Hygroscopic DOT 5.1 fluid, maybe not ideal exposed to air. Though for a short period I guess it’s okay.

Not saying it will work though. No idea. Guide and all sram/avid stuff are a pain in the backside to bleed and can only see any attempt I’d make going horribly wrong.

Anyway, by “flick”, what do you mean? Press in and/or pull out, or just tap the lever with finger?

Just curious how this might work.

zippykona

Have just done bigyang method and tapped from the caliper up and air did come out.

Still not quote right will have to do a proper bleed.

The brake has been away to have the sticky lever fixed would have assumed they would have done a proper bleed.

vincienup
    Free Member

Lever flicking for bleed purposes is pulling to bite and letting go sharply- just roll your finger off the end of the lever.  Repeated a few times it usually gets a result.  It’s actually part of a SRAM bleed while the lever syringe is still present/unlocked though?  I’ve never actually tried pulling a SRAM brake lever with an empty and unfilled syringe attached but I imagine the result would be an oily stain some distance from the bike and a voided master cylinder now full of air.

DOT may be hygroscopic but considering everyone buys a big bottle cheap from a car place and takes the maybe 100ml out for a bleed then puts it on a shelf til next time I don’t think it’s a concern here.  😁

fossy

I’ve fixed the sticky lever myself and if you download Epic’s bleed instructions, you’ll bleed the brake in just a few minutes. As said, the process includes pulling the brake lever and letting go to get rid of air in the lever.

Really easy process. Unless you sent the whole brake assembly away, then I’d bleed anyway.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Lever flick bleed on sram guide?’ is closed to new replies.