Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 636 total)
  • Lets talk about Man Utd
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m sure it was exactly the same when Liverpool’s 80s reign ended.

Of course it wasn’t. Nor was it United fans doing the cheerleading. 😀

binners

Surely even the scouters want a competitive United. It was more fun when Liverpool were competitive. You remember that season? It leads to so-near-yet-so-far moments of shear genius like this….

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOaZYhTd2BU[/video]

😆

beagle
    Free Member

Happy for you to enjoy it lads. If thats what gives you pleasure, crack on!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I used to think that binners until I started enjoying this season so much. 😀

Junkyard
    Free Member

How come some United fans can’t accept that most non-United fans are enjoying the team that has dominated the Premiership for so long being in a spot of bother?

Why can you not see that it would be better [ as fan and as a human being] to support your own team. Liverpool may well win the league this season, certainly best chance for decades and you would rather focus on Man u being crap this year.

I have never got why fayns would rather hate some other team than support their own. We all like football why not just discuss it as we would anything else its shared interested and we do not need to behave like it is a childish tribal rivalry and hate the other school in town.

DD [ assuming what you say is correct as I have no desire to discuss] two wrongs dont make a right

grum
    Free Member

Why can you not see that it would be better [ as fan and as a human being] to support your own team. Liverpool may well win the league this season, certainly best chance for decades and you would rather focus on Man u being crap this year.

I can focus on both thanks. TBH though I’m not half as into football as I used to be – I’ve been enjoying Liverpool’s season a lot but I feel that given that I haven’t really cared that much about football for a while it would make me a bit of a fair-weather supporter/glory-hunter if I went on about Liverpool too much.

Whereas schadenfreude over Man U can be enjoyed by anyone, at any time. 🙂

I have never got why fayns would rather hate some other team than support their own. We all like football why not just discuss it as we would anything else its shared interested and we do not need to behave like it is a childish tribal rivalry and hate the other school in town.

Football is a childish tribal rivalry though – I don’t really see the problem (apart from people taking it too seriously).

Surely even the scouters want a competitive United.

Nope!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Football is a childish tribal rivalry though – I don’t really see the problem

😯
    🙄

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

JY, the thread is about Man Utd. I’m afraid the schadenfreude is going to be unavoidable. I’ve enjoyed the mickey taking as well as trying to discuss things sensibly when it’s called for. Good natured banter is fine as long as you don’t allow your hatred of another team cloud your judgement so much that you lose all perspective. See eg some posts on this thread and on the Cantona thread where people were masturbating about the possibility of the punched photographer being a Liverpool fayn.

grum
    Free Member

Have you ever been to a football match JY? Did you notice how everyone behaves?

Getting incredibly excited/shouting about the people in the middle kicking a ball around, singing daft songs, or perhaps getting in a rage about the referee/opposing fans – it’s not exactly a rational, grown-up activity. If football fans were completely rational and sensible they wouldn’t be football fans.

Why not just enjoy it for what it is and not take it so seriously?

Man United were/are a great team that played some nice football, and Ferguson was basically a genius – but personally I couldn’t stomach the arrogance/bullying. Do I have to say I like them otherwise I’m bitter and childish?

slimjim78
    Free Member

Personally, im praying that a oil rich billionaire will buy United and pump about £900 million into 7 or 8 mega signings, thereby effectively purchasing/securing future league and cup wins.

That’s the way I like to see my football club run these days.

Ideally if we can play without a single rubbish English player and only use quality foreign signings then even better.

And lets see those season ticket prices rise too whilst we’re at it, keep the riff raff out.

dragon
    Free Member

Man U to win the CL 😆

May I remind you this is a team including such ‘quality’ as Jones, Rafael and Cleverly in it!!

Rockape63
    Free Member

Its fast getting to the point where there more Clubs with money to spend, than there are quality players to buy.

Spurs being an obvious example…..a quick £107m spent on players and not one of them is good enough to improve a half decent team.

binners

Pretty soon half the Brazilian blokes between the ages of 18 and 30 are going to be living in London or Alderly Edge and keeping car dealerships afloat 😀

hora
    Free Member

And lets see those season ticket prices rise too whilst we’re at it, keep the riff raff out.

Always makes me giggle when I see the welsh-company coaches parked up in the layby’s nearby on match day at Man U.

Junkyard
    Free Member

See eg some posts on this thread and on the Cantona thread where people were masturbating about the possibility of the punched photographer being a Liverpool fayn.

As so you stayed balanced and mentioned only what Man u fans have done then 😉
    Yes they are not the paragons that you Liverpool fans are showing yourself to be { tongue in cheek but you did only draw out one lot of fans]

Have you ever been to a football match JY?

I suspect I go to more each season than you have in your life
    I will easily have seen more football at Anfield than you or DD as well its almost as if I like football and dont like all the fans behaviour.

Did you notice how everyone behaves?

Yes i do …not pretty or edifying is it? Am i allowed to criticise it or not?

Why not just enjoy it for what it is and not take it so seriously?

Ah that weak attack then [ weaker than Man U’s currently] . What makes you think I dont enjoy football or take it seriously. Can i not just say some of the behaviour of fans is OTT and unacceptable without you leaping to that accusation?

Man United were/are a great team that played some nice football, and Ferguson was basically a genius – but personally I couldn’t stomach the arrogance/bullying. Do I have to say I like them otherwise I’m bitter and childish?

You can do whatever you like including having no problem with childish tribal rivalry.
    Saying that is not unreasonable. I dont like Fergusson much as a human being either nor the special one but you cannot deny how good they are at their jobs.

However if we start calling him bacon face [ of course Pool fans dont do this DD 😉 ] we may have overstepped the line of sensible grown up discourse and that never happens on STW 😛

Despite your wishes for a flounce Grum its more a resigned shrug about how the handringers behave when football is involved.

In general there is a lot for you to enjoy about our annus horriblis this year and it may not be over yet. I forsee at least one more home drubbing but if i was a pool fan I would be dreaming of the premiership rather than our demies

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Bayern it is then.

Jamie
    Free Member

They’ll probably beat them.

gogg
    Free Member

Clearly you’ve never been to Wales or Scotland.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Second leg at home for BM is key. Difficult to predict anything other than Bayern going through but anything can happen.

Junkyard
    Free Member

My god its really is the ABU’s week for schadenfreude 😉

First Irleand DD then old trafford and now this..its a good week in DD towers

You would need to be a very passionate man u fan to think we stand a chance of even a respectful defeat.

Clearly you’ve never been to Wales or Scotland.

I am scottish and lived in Wales for 6 years.
    I was a gogg as well 8)

LOW was awfully competitive

Jamie
    Free Member

My god its really is the ABU’s week for schadenfreude

Fight! Fight!

binners

EEK!! Mind you: whoever we got, its a case of EEK!!!! 😯

We’ve got a great record against Pep Guardiola though. Oh… wait… hang on a minute…

Nowt to lose now though. I never thought we’d get this far. And neither did anyone else. So we might as well go for it, all out, and get stuffed 10 nil, so it should be a good ‘un!

gonzy
    Free Member

and get stuffed 10 nil

that’ll be just in the first leg… 😆

martinhutch

Nowt to lose now though. I never thought we’d get this far. And neither did anyone else. So we might as well go for it, all out, and get stuffed 10 nil, so it should be a good ‘un!

This is the key to the rest of Utd’s season. They can use a ‘nothing to lose’ all-out performance in the CL to get going in the PL as well. I would have thought Bayern would be very wary of Man U, even though they go in as massive favourites.

Rockape63
    Free Member

If Arsenal had 11 men, we’d have run them close, they weren’t THAT great!

dannyh
    Free Member

I was amused by Moyes assertion about three days after the Liverpool defeat that the players and management ‘felt the fans pain’. I imagine that the £125k or so that Rooney trousered in those three days might have helped with the ‘pain’.

Still, it’s not actually necessary for the fans to feel any pain at all. They could just say “actually I’m sick of wasting my money on this circus” and walk away.

It’s all a bit daft, really. It’s only a game.

Jamie
    Free Member

Boop!

binners

That was a bit special! He looks hell bent on a hat trick

hora
    Free Member

Ready for your shafting on a epic scale by 11 foreign men in your own ‘home’ tonight? 😆

All queuing up to bang It in repeatdly. 😀

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

You may well be speaking a bit soon there hora. However, I bow to your footballing insight. What’s your prediction for this evening?

Jamie
    Free Member

Good start for Man U.

*coughs*

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

wiziwig is a bit slow this evening 😐

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Yup it’s getting hammered, can’t find a working Acestream let alone an English stream for the gooner game.

Jamie
    Free Member

Yup it’s getting hammered, can’t find a working Acestream let alone an English stream for the gooner game.

Trust me. You don’t want to be watching it 🙁

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Tempted to turn it back off rather than spend two hours of my life making myself feel shit.

mikey3
    Free Member

On a sidenote bony has just scored a fantastic header,come on swansea 😀

Jamie
    Free Member

Noisy neighbours getting noiser.

In other news, Bayern Munich have won the Bundesliga, so they can now put all of their focus into their Champons League tie with Man U.

Oh, and Arsenal are currently sucking the life out of me…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

In other news, Bayern Munich have won the Bundesliga

Only seven exhibition games to play.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ok hora, you weren’t speaking too soon. 😀

spacemonkey

As much as I’ve never been happy about Moyes getting the job, I’m a big believer in players taking responsibility when they cross the white line. Tactics and politics must be cast aside when players don’t pick up, don’t make runs, don’t look for the ball, don’t put in a shift etc. I don’t give a **** if they don’t believe in the manager – they’re paid a **** load of cash to perform. Fans have every right to be ****** off with them when they don’t.

Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 636 total)

The topic ‘Lets talk about Man Utd’ is closed to new replies.