Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Let's talk about Leicester City.
  • wanmankylung
    Free Member

They’re bloody good to watch aren’t they. To think that their front pairing cost less than £1.5m and both came from lower leagues. I hope that they manage to keep hold of their best players, stay free from significant injuries and maintain their form until the end of the season. I think it would be great for the game.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

and Liniker says he will do the first MOTD of next season in his pants if they win…

many keep saying it will end for them but I think they could certainly do europe

BadlyWiredDog

They wouldn’t stand a hope in hell against your TKD club and are all on the juice as well? 😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    binners

‘They’ keep saying Leicester can’t maintain a title challenge

‘They’ also keep saying Chelsea are certain to turn their season around soon

‘They’ continue to be wrong on both counts

Its making for a great season. Leicester are playing quality football. You don’t fluke being at the top of the table on the run in to Christmas. Good luck to ’em. It’d properly shake things up to see a club outside the established top four win it. And none of the usual suspects look anywhere near as good as them. The table doesn’t lie.

tiggs121
    Free Member

I reckon Leicester will falter when they realise they “could” win it. Still could manage top 4 though.

Chelsea will improve and finish near the top 4 if not in it.

It would be good if Leicester can maintain the challenge and even better if the west London tossers do go down!!

Rockape63
    Free Member

No doubt its great to see a ‘small’ club shaking things up at the top. It seems forever since the top four have had an interloper.

Common sense dictates that they will falter… a couple of injuries and suspensions could really cause big problems, but hey enjoy it while it lasts.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Chelsea will improve and finish near the top 4 if not in it.

🙂 sniggers….I really don’t think so. If you were a member of the team who had their Manager slagging them all off last night, getting paid squillions btw…its unlikely to have a galvanising effect!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Chelski won’t get relegated but they will not finish in the top 4 – there I’ve said it (and been wrong before with similar statement about ManU)

Leicester, good on them it’s been a pleasure to watch them. They will “do a Southampton”, they cannot win the league unfortunately

gobuchul
    Free Member

It was interesting pre-season when they appointed Ranieri.

A lot of radio pundits were openly mocking it and a number couldn’t believe he still got work.

A lot had Leicester tipped to be relegated and Chelsea champions.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33751507

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/18932/9930347/jamie-redknapps-premier-league-predictions

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/your-club-finish-stan-collymore-6179796

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/aug/05/premier-league-2015-16-season-predictions

zippykona

When checking the results I normally see if West Ham have won first and then those around us in the table.
    Now I go directly to Chelsea to see if they’ve lost again.

theotherjonv

It seems forever since the top four have had an interloper.

Liverpool nearly won it two years ago.

Wait…… you’re not including Liverpool as a big four club are you?

dragon
    Free Member

Personally I don’t think you can win the league playing counter attacking football and also conceding as many as they do. If Mahrez were to pick up an injury then they are in trouble.

Still nice to see some different thinking from the 1-3-2-4 system that all the big teams seem to be employing with varying degrees of success.

martinhutch

The trouble with the Chelsea squad is that the prospect of no CL, or more likely no European football next season means most of them are probably chatting to their agents more than their team-mates.

That lot being motivated by the idea of finishing in the top 10? Not likely. No pride amongst the mercenaries.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

They’re absolutely quality; have been loving them this season. I put Both Vardy, and later, Mahrez in my Fantasy Football team and they’re raking in the points, week in, week out.

Superb to watch; Vardy must be an absolutely nightmare to play against; constantly running, absolutely rapid, awesome finishing. Mahrez has the tekkers aswell, although I saw Jamie C comparing him to Messi 😀

Would love it if they won it; no other team deserve it more. UTD are sso dull; City unreliable, Chelsea complete shite (Mourinho will have to perform a miracle if they want to finish in CL places). Only Arsenal have looked decent, but again, a bit patchy.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Wait…… you’re not including Liverpool as a big four club are you?

No, not without Suarez anyway! (forgot that blip)

tonyg2003

As a Newcastle fan – who is having a rubbish season – and being married to a serious Chelsea fan. Yesterday was excellent. I keep on leaving copies of the table around the house. I’m sure it will come back to bite me – we are more likely to get relegated than for Chelsea to make the top 4 but I’m enjoying it for now.

There were definitely a couple of “strollers” on the pitch for Chelsea who certainly didn’t seem that interested. Leicester may not have the possession but when they do they attack with pace and purpose. Good to watch them.

lemonysam
    Free Member

They’ve had a really soft start to the season and still have two matches against City and away matches at Man U, Arsenal, Tottenham, Crystal Palace, Watford…

Still brilliant though.

Rockape63
    Free Member

N’Golo Kante is a key player for them too….very quick, incredible fitness, he’s like Forest Gump!

here

binners

Personally I don’t think you can win the league playing counter attacking football and also conceding as many as they do.

Have you watched the ‘quality’ of the Premiership this season? Its absolutely ****ing dire! Its quite conceivable that thats exactly how you could win it this season. It’d be a nice reward for playing some entertaining football. As opposed to the utterly disjointed, woefully unadventurous rubbish that City and United are both serving up, yet inexplicably remain top four

martinhutch

Would be awesome for Leicester to keep it going. City are indeed utterly crap this year, with a number of players well past their sell by, including Yaya. I went to see them in the league cup, and I’ve never seen such a ambling, lazy midfielder.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Good to see but they have surpassed everyone expectations this season]]the problem they have is those around them cannot play much worse and they cannot play any better

Than and a few injuries and they are in trouble

that said fair play to them nd it is good to see a cheap team excelling

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

as Brits we all love the under dogs and as my team wont be challenging anything this year I hope they win or get in the top 4, I think they will. As for Chelsea, nah not going to be relegated by they need to be knocked off their high horses. Its happened to Man U last couple of years so wont mind it happening to Chelsea.

dragon
    Free Member

Binners I agree the PL standard is awful this year, and posted as much on another thread, however< i still don’t see how you can play counter attacking football all year and win the league. Eventually teams will just sit back and say ‘you break us down’.

Next 3 games are pretty tasty for Leicester as they play Everton, Liverpool and Man City and then February also looks hard with Man City, Liverpool and Arsenal back to back.

ads678

As a Leicester lad, it’s great to see but I know it won’t last. Getting into Europe would be a huge success for Leicester.

I think this could be arsenals year.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Even as a lifetime Chelsea fan I’m enjoying seeing Leicester up top. The way Chelsea treated Claudio Ranieri in his final season was a ‘king disgrace. He’s as humble and likeable a man as Mourinho is a total ****.

binners

I think this could be arsenals year.

Arsenal have got no chance! Not a hope!

You want to know why?

Because I put a tenner on them winning it, at the start of the season, at 5 -1

They’ve not a cat in hells chance now! 😉

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

For us gooners , now is the time to strike with a couple of signings. I genuinely think the league is there for the taking as City seem to always suffer from their lack of concetration whatever it is against the ‘lesser’ teams. (as it was when Theo got injured two seasons ago and we were in with a shout for the title) plus i dont massively rate Pellegrini

But will Wenger buy in Jan… will he XXXX

Great to see an unfancied team break up the monopoly (as long as its not my club that drops out 🙂 ) And whats happening to chelsea is unreal. I’ve never seen anything like it. What a delightful club.

MoreCashThanDash

One of my colleagues was a lifelong season ticket holder with Leicester City.

This time last season his wife convinced him that with a new baby and Leicester set for relegation he would not be having a season ticket this year, to which he reluctantly agreed.

Any conversation on the subject at the moment causes him to get a terrible nervous tic!

Rockape63
    Free Member

One thing’s for sure….between now and the end of the season there will be a lot more upsets. As for Arsenal’s chances, I’m saying nuthin! 😐

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Any conversation on the subject at the moment causes him to get a terrible nervous tic!

He was clearly all that was holding them back – a jinx.

fergal
    Free Member

Another Leicester lad, halcyon days, brings back memories from my youth, the foxes were always in the top flight then.

smiththemainman
    Free Member

Bookies not usually far off , still give you 20-1 and most predicting Man City, Arsenal Man Utd then really tight Leicester Liverpool 4th/5th.
    Thought the Vardy goal last night was a cracker from a passing cross movement point of view.Think it will be Arsenal`s once they clear up the injury backlogue, but hoping its Liverpool 😀

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Credit must go to the Fox’s fans too. Great bunch of supporters, lots of noise, 12th man. Let’s be ‘avin you and all that.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Let's talk about Leicester City.’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts