Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Let's see your…. rigid or SS BFe or Soul
  • pixelmix
    Free Member

I have a Cotic BFe in the garage which is gathering dust. Built up 1×10 with a dropper post and 140mm post, but I tend to ride my CX bike or XC bike more often.

Thinking of tweaking the BFe so it gets used more and considering making it either SS or rigid (or both) for mud plugging duties.

I had thought I would use it for playing around a bit, but to be honest, my new 29er XC bike will probably do that just as well, without the sluggish feeling of the heavy BFe.

Any pics or comments for inspiration?

simon1975

Well here’s Alex on the baby BFe. Certainly not sluggish, it’s not an especially heavy frame:

chives
    Free Member

My Soul, when it was single speed (too many teeth on the front for me to cope with the local hills – 38 – 17 on the rear) so now geared.
    [/url]
    DSCF3198 [/img]

toys19
    Free Member

I find this weird when people say the BFe is sluggush, I find it fair zips about and feels very lively. Makes me want to pop off every lip.
    Anyway, hope you get some good use out of it.

shermer75
    Free Member

Get some big tyres on there and go rigid. You’ll love it!

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Work in progress

CalamityJames
    Free Member

I find this weird when people say the BFe is sluggush, I find it fair zips about and feels very lively. Makes me want to pop off every lip.

I had a Soul, now have a BFe. While the Soul has a little bit more ‘spring’ in the frame, I totally agree about the playful/lively character of the BFe.

And I certainly wouldn’t put rigid forks on a BFe, but each to their own.

winch
    Free Member

No longer built up but was a very lively ride

pixelmix
    Free Member

Some interesting looking fork options. Any suggestions?

Ideally would be tapered steerer, post mount and bolt thru for a straight swap for the 140mm forks (which would be kept and swapped back in future no doubt) but I guess that those three together are non-essential requirements.

When I say sluggish, I just mean that it doesn’t seem to make me want to put the hammer down and pedal hard on flat sections the way the XC bike does – extra weight over my usual XC bikes. For that reason, I often find the XC bike more fun for the sense of speed on the flat. It is a great laugh on the downs and does indeed encourage you to pop off things and wheelie around like a madman. 🙂

Markend
    Free Member

Here’s mine – up for sale as it just doesn’t get enough use.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Let's see your…. rigid or SS BFe or Soul’ is closed to new replies.