Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)
  • Let's see your modified kit
  • doof_doof
    Free Member

Like conventional builds aren’t strong enough, and missing a few sprockets will make all the difference in weight.

If you don’t understand the reasons behind it, then its prob not for you.

cynic-al
    Free Member

No one has really given decent reasons tho.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Its not as cool as 1 but cooler than 10…….case closed.

STATO
    Free Member

No one has really given decent reasons tho.

Here are a few…

Stronger wheel (ok you may not need/notice it but it is true)
    Already have the hub built into a wheel (maybe they are a SS’er who wants some gears back for a bit? like er… your pompy?)
    Hope SS comes with steel freehub already (so much cheaper than buying a separate steel freehub for a normal Pro2)

I ran a Pro2ss for a while, swapped it out for a normal Pro2 as i went to a frame with a 12mm axle and you cant make the Pro2ss 12mm compatible.

cynic-al
    Free Member

stronger wheel…maybe but it appears negligible – SB tests showed no difference in stiffness front to back IIRC.
    I never had ss on a Pompy.
    fair enough re steel freehub etc

It really does seem like something folk do “because they can” – nowt wrong with that but let’s just be honest!

stuey
    Free Member

4″ FS Fat just seems so right – with a bike like that I could conquer the world ( well- ride down stuff without wetting myself)

STATO
    Free Member

I never had ss on a Pompy.

Sorry, i meant people might have had a bit of kit designed for SS but wanted/needed to run gears on it, like you showed in your pic of the gear hanger on a SS pompy frame.

tandemwarriors

Home-made remote lockout for the RP23 on the back of the tandem…..

Its controlled by a gripshift on the stoker handlebars…

Sandy is only wee, so her short arms can’t reach the propedal lever while riding. This makes life so much easier.

STATO
    Free Member

Bodged light mount…

P1010022 by dickyelsdon, on Flickr

Once that snapped i ‘upgraded’ to a pannier rack arm bolted to a brake booster. Solid.

IMG_0028 by dickyelsdon, on Flickr

And came up with a way to mount mudguards but still remove the wheel from a pompino…

Jul7th by dickyelsdon, on Flickr

cynic-al
    Free Member

Liking the mudguard one STATO, that one clearly took a lot of thought.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Not as exciting, but I’ve also done these:

DSC_0884 by ir_bandito, on Flickr
    De-anodized and polished Midge Bars to go with all the shiny bits on my Singular. Which won’t be my Singular after saturday….

Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘Let's see your modified kit’ is closed to new replies.