• This topic has 122 replies, 67 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by danbo.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 123 total)
  • Let's see your full suspension Specialized please
  • Harry_the_Spider

9 years old now and still going. The forks in the picture are long since dead, as are the ones that replaced them.

Pete-B
    Free Member

The old, Cut Gate Path:

and the new, South Head:

NormalMan

Thanks to everyone that has contributed so far! Some great bikes.

Great to see a Camber with similar set up to mine in there too!

8)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    rwills2
    Free Member

My 2011 Camber. Now 1×10 with new tyres and a shorter stem. Still need new wheels and a wider bar.

endurokid
    Free Member

My baby before I changed to a Covert. Loved it.

devash
    Free Member

@rwills2 – is that a medium or large frame? What size bars /stem did they come with in 2011?

Mikkel
    Free Member

Stumpy and XC FSR

fan’ 007 by msh_sco, on Flickr

The XC frame cracked, and have been replaced under warranty by a Camber like Devash’s further up. (they even gave me a new fork and i got to keep the Reba, not bad service on a 5 year old bike)

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

My big wheeler.

rwills2
    Free Member

@devash Its a large frame. The bars are 680mm according to the spec online, not sure on the stem – I’ve still got it in the garage so could measure it but never sure where to take the reading from! Its pretty long though much better with a shorter one!

Yours looks smart, is it a 2012? I got mine in Jan 2012 when they were on the cheap due to being the previous years model. Have you swapped out the bars and stem?

EDIT – Just googled the old stem on the picture, it was 105mm!

NormalMan

What stem do you have now?

I dropped from 90 to 50 on my one. I did go slightly wider with the bars (740 over 720).

Still not 100% happy with how I’ve got my rear shock set up. For those with the triad II – do you mainly use the shock on open or propedal?

Keep those pics coming too please.

devash
    Free Member

@devash Its a large frame. The bars are 680mm according to the spec online, not sure on the stem – I’ve still got it in the garage so could measure it but never sure where to take the reading from! Its pretty long though much better with a shorter one!

Yours looks smart, is it a 2012? I got mine in Jan 2012 when they were on the cheap due to being the previous years model. Have you swapped out the bars and stem?

EDIT – Just googled the old stem on the picture, it was 105mm!

Yup mine’s a 2012 elite, bought this time last year in the sales. Mine came with a 90 stem and 720mm bars but I swapped over to a 70mm stem straight away as I felt a little stretched at 6ft with the really long effective top tube these bikes have. Still have the original bars and grips.

The only downside to the bike is that straight headtube. It proved to be a limiting factor when I came to upgrade the fork as most decent stuff seems to come in tapered-only format now.

rwills2
    Free Member

@Normal Man – My LBS gave me one to test out for a bit think its 70-80mm far better than the one that came on the bike. May go shorter not sure yet. How do you find the wider bars? I’m thinking of going to 780mm but not sure if that will be too much. May get a 740mm renthal bar

@devash Would you go for bigger bars or is 720mm alright?

munrobiker
    Free Member

I got this in 2003. Still have the frame in many bits (obviously the stays cracked!)

Ten years on I returned to spesh with this.

NormalMan

@rwills2 I have 700mm flat bars on my ht (29er, also a Spesh)
    so had found 720 about right, but with the shorter stem thought I’d go a tad wider but still be able to fit through the local woods!

The 780 do have cut down lines though so you might find somewhere in between suits.

tricky-dicky
    Free Member

Just completed this, my first 29er , & first carbon frame. Its fast!

mindmap3
    Free Member

My old Big Hit. Loved this thing.

It got some black rollers and the stanchion guards got stickered up. With a Push tuned rear shock, it was a hell of a bike.

It was replaced by a Demo 9 but I haven’t got any pics of that to hand. Stealth build with 888’s (decals removed) and knack components. Great bike but OTT for this country.

Aldo had an SX Trail. One of the best bikes I’ve had and can still hold its own again more modern stuff.

tenfoot

Retired this 3 years ago and now hanging on my garage wall.

sellisnba
    Free Member

Had a few,
    Demo 9

My first was moved on because i wanted something lighter and ended up with this,
    Demo 8

Not exactly lighter and only lasted two months before it went to heaven. Gutted!!
    The enduro arrived

Loved it, but a dead car meant it had to go.
    08 Stumpy test bike

This bike lasted me a long time although i could never get on with the brain shock.
    That was it for a while until my 07 stumpy fsr turned up. oddly i have no photo’s of that. It’s funny looking back at them and realizing as i got older my riding changed because i stopped bouncing and strated breaking 🙁

waldo1
    Free Member

[/URL][/img]

650b 2013 enduro

sv

Gone now but had a great time in the Alps before selling it. Changed the seatpost to a GD 125mm drop and the shock to a FOX RC4 with a Ti coil. Oh and dual plys for the Alps trip 🙂

waldo1
    Free Member

2014 650b enduro

waldo1
    Free Member

No shots of this built up yet But will get some.

ebygomm
    Free Member

waldo1 – that’s luverly – look forward to seeing pics when it’s built

tenfoot

Retired this 3 years ago and now hanging on my garage wall.

I remember lusting after one – jeez, they look like a poor Halfords special now 😕

Seeing as we are doing past ones too…

The day I bought it

mindmap3
    Free Member

Waldo that is indeed very, very cool. It’s almost too pretty to ride!

I used to lust over those old FSR’s….and actually had one for a short time (missed that off my list). The lack of seat post length was a real pain.

widge34
    Free Member

My new Stumpy comp evo 29er

jmatlock
    Free Member

Hob Nob and Widge34, both your bikes are perfect.

What this thread has shown me is that pre 2012 Specialized used to make some of the ugliest FS Bikes.

I have a 2013 Camber Comp with a few choice upgrades.

Nice 740mm Fat Bar Lites and a stem shorted that the 100mm tiller it came with.

I adore it, and the Stumpy Evo and Enduro 29er are wonderful looking bikes.

grum
    Free Member

One day I’ll get a new pic:

My Specialized Pitch – Ben Lomond by Grum Wynne, on Flickr

warns74
    Free Member

tricky dicky – You are clearly a man with impeccable taste!

tricky-dicky
    Free Member

Warns,
    I like that too, is it a recent build that you did?
    Is it 1 x 10 or 2 x 10?
    I’m running a single and not sure I’m feeling it yet!
    Richard

Hob Nob and Widge34, both your bikes are perfect.

What this thread has shown me is that pre 2012 Specialized used to make some of the ugliest FS Bikes.

I have a 2013 Camber Comp with a few choice upgrades.

Nice 740mm Fat Bar Lites and a stem shorted that the 100mm tiller it came with.

I adore it, and the Stumpy Evo and Enduro 29er are wonderful looking bikes.

Really? Not taking anything away from the bikes above (I like the Enduro 29 – but in a larger frame), but think the Stumpy 29’s are absolutely gopping. Each to their own innit 😉

bigyinn
    Free Member

Here’s my old faithful Enduro Pro 2004

xiphon
    Free Member

Action shot, from 2008… first ride on the new bike 🙂

Spesh Pitch Pro 2008

(I took to the bike, like a fish to water..)

warns74
    Free Member

tricky dicky

Warns,
    I like that too, is it a recent build that you did?
    Is it 1 x 10 or 2 x 10?
    I’m running a single and not sure I’m feeling it yet!
    Richard

Hi Richard, yes finished it a little over a month a go, taken me a long time to get all the bits together but finally there. I’ve only ridden it a few times but christened it with a trip to BPW then rode Blade at Afan, and was really impressed. Fastastic on the technical climbs and almost felt like cheating on the downs!

Running 2 x 10 (24/38 cranks with 36-11 cassette) and very happy with that.

Ant

kudos100
    Free Member

My stumpy evo. Love it.

waldo1
    Free Member

waldo1
    Free Member

Had so much fun on this until some crim nicked it in Cardiff

devash
    Free Member

@devash Would you go for bigger bars or is 720mm alright?

720mm is working for me so far with the 70mm stem – trail and all day XC use including some steel extended climbs (North Yorks Moors). I haven’t felt the need to go wider just yet.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Still my favourite bike. Anyone want to guess location?

ell_tell
    Free Member

My 2011 Camber. It’s been a great bike but my only niggling worry is the lack of tapered headtube and potential problems if I want to upgrade the fork.

[/url][/img]

EDIT: P.S. anyone know the correct way to link from Flickr?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 123 total)

The topic ‘Let's see your full suspension Specialized please’ is closed to new replies.