Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • Let's see your finished Chinese carbon bikes' decals/decoration
  • mtbtomo
    Free Member

damitamit – where did you get your edgeware decals from?

lazybike
    Free Member

Thanks for that…

damitamit
    Free Member

mtbtomo – Designed them in Illustrator and got them printed by James at http://casementsigns.co.uk/

c_klein87

looks good, considering one as a winter road bike glad the built went ok, cable routing isn’t ideal on my 29er either

clubber
    Free Member

Well as I say, it’s fine, I think I just made life harder for myself by going with full outer along with the internal routing (which was always going to be a bit fiddly)

I should say that it also looks much better in the flesh than I can seem to get across in photos (probably down to the mobile phone pics…). Matt carbon looks really good.

SSBonty
    Free Member

Clubber – what is the tyre clearance like on that (frame and forks)? Any chance of being able to fit monstercross sized tyres like the Bontrager Jones XR 29er 1.8 I’ve managed to fit into my current generic northern framebuilders ally cross frame (with still a moderate amount of mud clearance for wet but not claggy mud)?

If not, anyone know of any of the Chinese carbon disc cross frames that would have decent clearances?

Ta!

campfreddie
    Free Member

a little project i completed last Autumn… I never actually got round to riding it in the end, but sold it on to a very nice chap from London village who’s eyes lit up like a little kid when he saw it in the flesh.

clubber
    Free Member

SSBonty – it’s not silly big or silly small – pretty normal – I’ve got 35mm tyres on a wide rim and there’s plenty of clearance though no doubt if you raced a messy enough course it could clog. You definitely wouldn’t do a monstercross with it though.

honourablegeorge

That looks great, Clubber.

Has me wondering what my RoadRat could become if I swapped it out for one of the below. Can they be had singlespeed, I wonder?

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/2013-Newest-carbon-bicycle-frame-cyclocross-disc-frame-with-inside-cable-routing-BB86-DI2compatible-fit-to/409931_675525718.html

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Would you lot just stop it!!…… my credit card is looking at me nervously.

clubber
    Free Member

George – that’s my frame. I don’t think that they do a SS version though you could always use a tensioner I guess.

lazybike
    Free Member

Found this which is the Hong Fu FM166 frame, anyone had any experience with them?

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Hong Fu stuff seems pretty well accepted by people buying stuff. I am still undecided aboutsome bars to buy at the moment.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Lazy – that’s not an FM166, this is an FM166 (sorry for the Crocodile Dundee-alike words 😉

Hongfu have a good reputation and who I went with for an FM066 (the non-disc version). I think there’s a few people on here with Hongfu frames and they’ve all had good experiences, customer service wise and with the delivered product.

Bregante

What mtbtomo said that’s not a Hong Fu, that’s an Apace Carbon Disc Rennrad

http://apace-bikes.de/c1rd-carbon-disc-rennrad-prototyp/

xcwanabe
    Free Member

Would you lot just stop it!!…… my credit card is looking at me nervously.

Yep think mine might take a hit for a couple of grand. Got my mind on a stealth race bike with Ultegra and 50mm clincher wheels!

Off to work out how much Di2 would cost.

Mowgli
    Free Member

I found this in one of the ads:

Attention:Customers from UK,USA,and Japan can’t order this frame,because it has exclusive agent in these three countries.If you want to take it ,please contact the local agent.

Has anyone had any issues with this sort of thing, or with shipping/customs/duty/tax etc?

mattjg
    Free Member

Plain un-decalled black gets my vote. Let your riding do the talking.

clubber
    Free Member

Mowgli, in short, no.

Matt, these days my riding isn’t up to that so I need decals 😉

thepodge
    Free Member

That red one looks well nice but I still can’t get used to discs on road bikes

lazybike
    Free Member

Sorry guys….

ermokratis
    Free Member

S5 Cervélo replica, Di2, ancient greek inspired decals:

ermokratis
    Free Member

mos

Slight detour from the topic, but does anyone have any experience of sourcing chinese carbon rims, particularly 29er ones?

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Latest pics.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Is that a Gea or an FM056?

Very nice looking, especially with the Lefty

clubber
    Free Member

Nice thread resurrection 🙂

I still haven’t sorted mine yet but I’ve got some good ideas now

Merak

ELRM, it took me 8 months to work that out. 😳

ReallY nice graphics though.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Mine is a Carbonal Avenger

Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘Let's see your finished Chinese carbon bikes' decals/decoration’ is closed to new replies.