Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)
  • Let's see your finished Chinese carbon bikes' decals/decoration
  • clubber
    Free Member

I’ve got a new CX frame on the way over from China – it’s basically the same as this but without any graphics

Plain carbon looks a bit dull so what have you done with yours? I’ve seen a few rather flash looking ones but I don’t really fancy the whole paintjob route, just a few vinyl cut graphics.

meehaja
    Free Member

you know it will look nails in all black. Decals are the low point of most bikes now anyway!

MrSmith
    Free Member

aren’t you supposed to put pinarello or de-rosa decals on them?

clubber
    Free Member

🙂 at both

Plain carbon is a bit dull – I had a very black bike a while back and I just don’t fancy that again.

MrSmith ‘Faki’ instead of ‘Fuji’, maybe? 🙂

aracer
    Free Member

Here’s my decorations:

as you can see, I’m with meehaja, though the wheels are a bit garish.

AlexSimon

I considered doing this and figured I’d do my own version of what Ibis have done with their Hakkalugi:

hora
    Free Member

Clubber how much is it going to cost you landed/total?

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

clubber
    Free Member

Hora, just have a look at aliexpress.com – Mine’s an MC098 from Miracle

clubber
    Free Member

As to the ‘all black’ crowd, you’re only convincing me further that it needs some decals 😉

AlexSimon

I guess it depends on what you mean by “For real?” 🙂
    Pretty flattering for IF though

c_klein87

Those look great, be interested to see how it turns out as I considered one as a road bike but decided to wait. There are so many good chinese frames out there now but the hassle with having email for pricing and geometry puts lots of people off, I’ve had my 29er 5 months and I do like it, handling isn’t the best but its very fast

http://chris-noble-mtb.blogspot.com/

robowns
    Free Member

Chunkys is nice

michaellivett
    Free Member

A splash of colour on the frame plus some ostentatious wheel decals 😀

damitamit
    Free Member

clubber
    Free Member

Nice – no pics of the whole bike though, damitamit?

ELRM – Edgware?

And no chainstay protector? brave…

flatfish
    Free Member

Liking that chunky. Where did you get that one from?

DrP
    damitamit
    Free Member

I live in Edgware.

ELRM – guess the rest… (its my winter trainer)

noteeth
    Free Member

Some kind of modern twist on an old butcher’s bike advertising board would be ideal, imo.

clubber
    Free Member

Nice sentiment 🙂 Well, the RM bit at least!

DrP – no, the ‘Pinarello’s are clearly not legit. I haven’t looked closely enough to see whether like my ‘Fuji’ they use the same mould or if they’re just copies based on the silly wiggly frame design.

KevinPP
    Free Member

Here’s one from this morning, decorated in some pretty white stuff.

100_0064 by KevinPP1, on Flickr

kevin1911

Right, I’ve obviously missed something here. From where are you guys buying these frames? very interested in one of those 29ers

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I got mine from Carbonal. Easy to deal with and arrived in less than a week. Stunning quality, no build issues.

It just saved probably a grand or so by not having a big bike company slap a sticker on it…

clubber
    Free Member

have a look at aliexpress.com

There are other places too – light bicycle for example.

There are loads of threads on here already though. Do a search.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

There is a massive thread on MTBR with loads of info.

acjim
    Free Member

what about a repeating pattern of v.small silhouette stickers, tiny bugs or skulls (grr rad!) or dollar signs or etc…

i’m sure i’ve seen a custom paint job like this on an IF or other fancy frame.

perhaps it was tiny flowers on a ’90s Mint Sauce inspired job?

it would take a while to do but would look cool i reckon 🙂

clubber
    Free Member

Yeah, could do and it’s a cool idea – would be a bit concerned that with all those edges, it’d start peeling though.

clubber
    Free Member

I wonder what the Mandarin character for ‘Fake’ is? 🙂

” ??? ” pretender, fake according to google…

federalski
    Free Member

You got a link to the frame clubber?
    Looks nice.

acjim
    Free Member

Just get extra stickers and develop OCD to deal with peeling!

If they are as sticky as my vinyls i had done for my C456 i doubt peeling will be much of an issue.

Post up a pic when you’re finished

Houns

Less is more

hora
    Free Member

Whats wrong with raw beautifully patterned carbon? Is it not ‘fashionable’ now? I’ve always thought it looks mint if its done tidily.

J273
    Free Member

I got mine from Carbonal. Easy to deal with and arrived in less than a week. Stunning quality, no build issues.

It just saved probably a grand or so by not having a big bike company slap a sticker on it…

Do you have a link to the one you bought Chunky?

Cant seem to find anything from Carbonal

Thanks

clubber
    Free Member

Nothing wrong with it just like there’s nothing wrong with red, blue, whatever colour paint. We all like different things.

clubber
    Free Member

federalski:

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Toray-T700-carbon-bike-parts-carbon-cyclocross-frame-with-inside-cable-routing-BB86-DI2compatible-fit-to/409931_613529535.html

Matt finish (which I went for because a CX bike in gloss finish is going to show up all the marks pretty quickly I reckon) is $35 more.

clubber
    Free Member

And here it is though I haven’t got round to any decals yet…

lazybike
    Free Member

Looks good….how does it ride, any issues? Thinking of getting one as a road bike…

clubber
    Free Member

Well I will do a full write up once I’ve riddent it more but I did have some problems though not really down to the frame per se.

I fitted the headset bearing (with no grease) in my excitement when it arrived and then couldn’t get the lower bearing out to grease it when I got round to building the bike up. I tried tapping it out at which point it disassembled itself (see my thread…). I have managed to sort it now though. That said, getting the bearing out if/when it eventually dies will require a bearing puller.

The internal cable routing is very neat but a bit of a pain to actually fit. Though now it’s in, it won’t be a problem again. I also decided on a full length outer to the rear mech which maybe has added a bit of drag compared the split route that is meant to be used.

But the ride is spot on, very stereotypically carbon (stiff in the BB but nicely takes the edge off sharp bumps) and it really is very light – very simple/cheap kit in the main on it and it’s around 20lbs now. The frame is under 1.2kg and the fork is 430g with uncut steerer.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘Let's see your finished Chinese carbon bikes' decals/decoration’ is closed to new replies.