Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 297 total)
  • Let's see your Fat bikes….
  • druidh
    Free Member

Lipseal – where are you?

avdave2

hope its a no then I can stop looking at buying one.

Not only will the 9:ZERO:7 work with a Rohloff it’ll work with a belt drive as well! Wish I hadn’t opened this thread.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

lipseal – Member
    I really could do with trying one out, before I make room for one.

Come back to Delamere and you can have a fling around on mine..

lipseal
    Free Member

Ok Nick your on, wont be this week but good chance the week after. Your mobile number still the same?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

lipseal – Member
    Ok Nick your on, wont be this week but good chance the week after. Your mobile number still the same?

No,- drop me a line – teetosugars@gmail.com..

I get married next sat, and heading to New York after that but will be around after that..

We’ll get it squared away.. 🙂

lipseal
    Free Member

Ok… congratulations anyway. …… wish I was getting divorced 😉

motorman
    Free Member

That is good news about the 9zero7 frames & parts being available this side of the pond Tim.
    Please order up some hangers for the 2011 frames, I only have 1 spare left now – they are fairly weak 😉

coastkid
    Free Member

Great news your doing the 9zero7 now for the UK Tim 🙂

Its a great option to the Surly or Salsa options here in the UK. They are all great bikes 🙂

Dragged out my Moonlander today as mostly been riding the Pugsley with friends lately. Take this beast into the right enviroment (for myself that is really soft sand on the coast) and it really rewards 🙂

13,10,12 058 by coastkid71, on Flickr

13,10,12 065 by coastkid71, on Flickr

More here:
    Blog post with piccies

surlynot
    Free Member

Loving this…..

coastkid-
    Seeing as things are going to get real popular soon what with the new found interest in the xc riding side of things

..yep, fat bikes do xc well, 90% of all the riding on mine has been 😀

Often posts dissapear off the front quickly on many sites.

A UK specific MTBR stylie site would be nice,

So, a hub for UK fatbike owners with threads for all our types of riding.

8)

trail_rat
    Free Member

Whats the damage on a slidy 907 ?

This tempts me greatly.

Have a rohloff going spare at the moment so 135 offset on 67 or 80 mm rims tempts me ……

This was supposed t be a cheap rim swap not a whole bike swap 🙂

SidewaysTim

Drop me a mail with 907 in the subject and as soon as I have pricing and delivery info I’ll let you know.

Address in my profile (probably).

drofluf
    Free Member

Can’t believe we’ve got onto the seventh page without the haterz diving in!

druidh
    Free Member

Funny – I was just thinking earlier that reaching 7 pages must be a sign of the times. Fat is obviously becoming more acceptable. Just wait for the spaffing over the new On One 🙂

flashes
    Free Member

avdave2

Actually I think I may have found a reason to not want one – I take it no one makes a dynamo hub in the right size. I think I’d like the answer to be no they don’t. 🙂

druidh
    Free Member

It’s been done. You can fit a 4″ tyre in many non-fat forks with a standard 100mm dropout. You might need to fiddle about during wheel removal as the tyre will struggle past the caliper.

motorman
    Free Member

But they do make a fork -just use a pugsley 100mm spaced, non offset fork & you can run any front hub you want.

druidh
    Free Member

FWIW, The Bike Chain in Edinburgh have a 18″ White Pugsley frame and fork on sale for £299 at the moment.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

What do you need(for a pugsley) over and above the frame and forks. As in special components.

druidh
    Free Member

Wheels (or at least rims), tyres, tubes, cranks.

lipseal
    Free Member

That’s a good price for the pug, but how much extra would it cost to get it up and running?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

lipseal – Member
    That’s a good price for the pug, but how much extra would it cost to get it up and running?

I’d guess about another £1k?

ojom
    Free Member

3-2-1 it’s gone. Last one etc.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

😀

I hope not! I’ll be raiding the parts bin, but I’m hoping outlay for wheels and tyres is around £400 and I have an ISIS chainset that I’m hoping all I’ll need to get is a 100mm BB.

avdave2

So I could run a Rohloff a belt drive and a dynamo hub with one of those 9:ZERO:7 frames! I better get saving.

lipseal
    Free Member

That’s what I thought, by the time you sort wheel builds, tyres and general faff.

swavis

I’m doing exactly this with a Mukluk frameset. I’m building the wheels up with 47mm wide trials rims to save a bit of cash over the Surly offerings.
    So far,
    Tyres = £120 for 27tpi Nates from CTBM
    Rims+Strips = £120 from Tarty Bikes
    Tubes = £16 from Triton
    Front hub = £33 from CRC (135mm singlespeed rear)
    Rear hub = £160-ish but still working on it
    Spokes = £36 CRC
    100 ISIS BB = £45 from Winstanleys

so £530 so far and I still need a skewer.

A Pugsley would only need a 135mm hub so could be done a fair bit cheaper.

lipseal
    Free Member

So I could run a Rohloff a belt drive and a dynamo hub with one of those 9:ZERO:7 frames! I better get saving.

Now why did you have to mention belt drive!

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I hope not! I’ll be raiding the parts bin,

Thats just it, if you’ve got a parts bin with a full drive train, and saddle/ post/ stem/bars etc, then you could do it cheaper…

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Thats just it, if you’ve got a parts bin with a full drive train, and saddle/ post/ stem/bars etc, then you could do it cheaper…

Aye I know, I realised I had a load of stuff I wanted to sell to finance the On One bike, I’ll hopefully come in a few hundred quid better off with some better kit albeit not new.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Since this has turned into a bit chatty, I hope the OP doesn’t mind.

I’m looking at rim options. Because the bike is a bit of an extravagance I’m looking at keeping a tight reign on the budget. What £wise options are out there? As I live about 10 yards from the beach I’ll probably be on it now and then. Should I be looking for something a bit wider than a trials rim?

stuey
    Free Member

There is a german ‘chopper’ shop similar to this US one that has ‘cheap rims’ – can’t remember it name at the mo 😕

here it is – but you may need to drill to suit- £ Euros 45/rim

JohnClimber
    Free Member

YoKaiser – The wider the better especially in soft sand.

80mm minimum

tinsy
    Free Member

FFS, I have never been interested, but this stupid thread & with the beach & more importantly the massive expanse of mud flats at low tide right outside my door, maybe I have new places I should be exploring…

fenred
    Free Member

YoKaiser – Member
    Since this has turned into a bit chatty, I hope the OP doesn’t mind.

I don’t mind at all matey, all good info here 8)

Although tbh I was only expecting 3 or 4 posts max, certainly not 7 pages!! 😯

druidh
    Free Member

It’s a mistake and will cost you more in the long run.

motorman
    Free Member

Why do you think 47mm rims are a mistake for trail riding….just curious, that’s all?

I would say they are the perfect balance between weight & float if you are not going to be riding conditions require ultimate float as a major consideration.

I personally find my 80’s to be OTT when riding around Swavis’s neck of the woods. The riding is still fun, but I would rather be lugging a lighter wheel uphill on a regular basis, esp when wearing a set of nates…

Sandman seem to do areet on their 47mm set up 😆

YoKaiser – If the beach is now & again, 80mm will be perfect all rounder. If you local conditions are really soft, or you think you might be riding the coast on a more regular basis, the 100mm may suit better. It depends on what your riding is mainly going to involve condition wise.

druidh
    Free Member

Because swavis wants them for snow and sand too. That’ll just mean another set of rims/wheels later – therefore more expensive in the long run!

motorman
    Free Member

I see your point 8) , but I can have just the same fun & ride 95% the conditions on my “small” 42mm rims as I can on my 80mm.

The both work fine, but I would still be running the narrower rims if I were riding hills & rocks most of the time, rather than sand & pebbles.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

This is weirdly interesting, can I ask a couple of dumb questions please:

1. How would a fat bike fare on the mix of peat bog and gritstone in the the Peak, also the mud and slippage of the limestone in the White Peak – I have never seen one around here.

2. If running a fat bike in the above locality, what ratio would be best for a 26″ SS? Gave up gears a year ago and want to stay “clean!”

Ta, Paul. 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 297 total)

The topic ‘Let's see your Fat bikes….’ is closed to new replies.