Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Let's hear it for the Passat
  • loddrik
    Free Member

The passat seems to be taking a bit of a beating on here at the minute, I’ve never owned one and never will, but I’d just like to say that (I’m sure) they have lots of excellent features and redeeming qualities, such as, erm, seats, and mirrors and….

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

218K, still doing 47mpg & excellent for carrying mucky MTB’s & going to the tip/Scotland/Cornwall/France/Spain etc?

My next car WILL be a Passat.

Not the most thrilling, but the most refined, well built and generally the best car I’ve ever had.

elliott-20
    Free Member

My boat Passat estate takes a beating, 10 years old, dents, 100+k, it never gets cleaned, it’s serviced by a mechanic mate, it drinks petrol, wallows in corners but by god I wouldn’t change it.

1.8 Turbo bike transportation device and I love it.

Thought about chipping and slamming it but why? It does the job I bought it for and I would buy another.

bigG
    Free Member

My five month old passat estate is truly awesome. Cost a bloody fortune, has more toys and gizmos than I’d ever really need but….

It has front fog lights that allow me to annoy other road users

It has a huge boot that allows it to swallow massive quantities of bikes and kit

It’s very comfortable on long journeys

It’s reliable, low emissions for its size, economical,

It has heated seats. I don’t care what anyone says but toasty bollocks on a winters day makes a car awesome

All in all, it’s possibly the best all round car I’ve owned.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Definately not thrilling! but the reliability/durability/economy/load carrying/long journey comfort etc outweighs the thrill factor, & at 55 I think I’ve had my ‘thrills’ in cars many times over!

Easily peasily the best I’ve had in 38 years of driving.

nedoverendsmole
    Free Member

Passats will be the only vehicles left after the next war;fact

elliott-20
    Free Member

It has heated seats. I don’t care what anyone says but toasty bollocks on a winters day makes a car awesome

Oh yes and ^ this! My bollocks have never been toastier.

globalti
    Free Member

I had a Passat B6 Diesel Estate, which was excellent and now I’ve got a B7 Estate, which is even better. It’s massively spacious; even with the front seats right back (you’d need to be a 6’3″ driver) there is stacks of legroom behind. We have had 2 adults & 2 kids plus four bikes INSIDE it, the fuel economy is excellent; I can get 52 mpg without too much effort, it’s well built and drives smooth and quiet and very stable at speed thanks to the long wheelbase. The heated seats are fantastic, I agree.

Best of all when I went from the old B6 to the new B7 my car tax was reduced by around £140 a month thanks to the lower CO2 emissions. Win-win!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Let's hear it for the Passat’ is closed to new replies.