Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 153 total)
  • Let’s be seeing your ebike!
  • timbog160

Boltby bash sx800

timbog160

Yay it worked!  For me at least – me and my lapierre on our way to last place at the Boltby Bash!

northernsoul

Out of curiosity, where do units like the Bafang BBS02 sit legally? Does a power output over 250 W or the supply of power at speeds over 15.5 mph mean that these are legally classed as motorbikes? Only ask after coming across the following link whilst looking for something else:

https://www.gov.uk/electric-bike-rules

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    seosamh77
    Free Member

The 250w are legal when restricted to 15.5mph. Above 250w and derestricted aren’t legal, and would need to be type approved, moped license and insurance, as they would be a different class of pedalecs. Still not motor bikes mind.

trail_rat
    Free Member

does S-pedelec exist in the uk as a type to be approved yet ?

seosamh77
    Free Member

technically, not sure, apparently a rigmarole regardless. I think it’ll probably just be essentially legalising it as a moped at the moment, I think the EU laws are voluntary.

grenosteve
    Free Member

Denis99
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”>
    <div>Member</div>
    </div>
    <!– .bbp-reply-author –>
    <div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

My Trek Super Commuter 8+ with NuVinci hub.

Had this bike about 8 months now. Enjoy being able to do a decent mileage and carry some photo equipment with me.

Very expensive to buy, but the NuVinci hub has been great, smooth, quiet, reliable.

Brooks saddle and a Thomsom layback post have been the only component changes.

</div>

Nice.  I have the other version of this bike with 1×11 XT, I was tempted to pay the extra £200 for the internal hub gear version, but the red frame won me over.

I also went for a brooks saddle.

How do you find the magura brakes on your bike?  The shimano (M615) brakes on mine are ok in normal use, but fade scarily quick on longer descents when I’ve been out in the peaks.  I’m considering upgrading them to XT’s and ice tech rotors, which is a shame to have to do on a £3.8k bike!

Denis99
    Free Member

I thought about getting the slightly cheaper version with the Shimano gears, but plumped up for the NuVinci model.

The red frame does look better in my opinion though.

The Magura brakes have been very good, slightly wooden feel to them, but they have good power and I have never thought I have been under braked.

Probably ridden the bike for about 2,000 miles now. Apart from a very occasional chain adjustment and very easy chain cleaning, it just keeps going.

I think there is more resistance with the NuVinci geared hub compared to the conventional derailleur system though.

Can usually get about 55 miles to a full battery.

northernsoul

@seosamh77 thanks for clarifying 🙂
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”></div>

seosamh77
    Free Member

A wee donner from milngavie up and over the kilpatricks, wanted to see what the link track was like (terrible btw just a big gravelly fireroad that is pretty horrible to cycle on, only gets good once you hit concho).

I’ll get a better picture out on the trails, but only got it yesterday – working down London in the week and don’t want to stick it in the shed, so the very understanding Mrs STR has let me keep it in the lounge (excuse the horrible fireplace – I’ve been meaning to change it for the last 13 years 😉 )

[url=https://flic.kr/p/27huDwj]2018-08-12_10-52-20[/url] by davetheblade, on Flickr

nealglover
    Free Member

Yuba Spicy Curry

Yuba

Yuba

seosamh77
    Free Member

Those cargo bikes are cool, couldn’t justify one myself but I like them.

seosamh77
    Free Member

It’s hilarious ebikes loaded up, went camping once so far with stuff attached to the bike, hardly even noticed it beyond the steering/handling being a bit heavier!

nealglover
    Free Member

The Yuba is an awesome thing to ride 😆

According to the max load stickers, it will carry 300lb on the rear, 50lb in the front plus the rider. And the bike itself weighs 65lb !

But it feels great to ride. Had my little boy and MrsG  on the rear deck and could barely feel them.

Currently commuting a hilly 30km a day and loving it. Drop the boy off at childminder on the way. No bag on my back, no issues with what I can take with me, can do the shopping on the way home no problem.

And I can leave the car at home most of the weekend too, bike to the park at the weekend carrying the little man and his bike on the back, shopping, etc etc

Loving it. 👍

Yuba

haggis1978

Anyone got a Vitus E Sommet VR or just the E Sommet? Quick scan of one of the mags in a shop had the VR getting 10/10. Trying to get my argument together as to why i NEED one of these for the missus. N+1 doesnt wash anymore. Nearly got done in for buying the last one around a year ago.

wzzzz
    Free Member

These are the future of commuting and personal transport.

People just need to get over their fear of the rain!

geex
    Free Member

@haggis1978 I do. A small VR. Currently back at CRC under warranty. (E8000 BB bearing gone. 3 months old 800. rad Miles ‘on it.)  other than that it’s an absolutely brilliant bike. Although it rides far better with faster rolling, lighter tyres than the 3C DDs it came with and the motor is smoother after its been updated via the app.

Tracey

Got back from the Alps trip and after one weekend away decided we would keep an eye out in the sales for another, hopefully less sharing.

Saw one yesterday lunch time so took the plunge

I can feel Cutgate for its first ride at the weekend

seosamh77
    Free Member

Speaking of stats, I do love my big battery! 😆 Only used about 35% yesterday! (The game is to get that down even further now, get more economical and to go much much further!)

Lets be seeing more stats if you all have any btw, curious to see the range and usage people are getting out of different systems?

Mines is an 850wh battery btw.

geex
    Free Member

Why are so many Ebikers obsessed with stats?

It’s not as if they’re your stats, just a batteries’

Tracey

Not interested in stats ebike or not. Just in the fun

seosamh77
    Free Member

It’s not as if they’re your stats, just a batteries’

I’m interested in the range people get out of their batteries on different machines. What’s wrong with that?

from a personal perrspective it’s something i want to know so  i know the limits of the machine/me combo, helpful to know fr plannig routes. i’m also curious what other people get.

geex
    Free Member

Nothing’s wrong with it. I just wondered why. Thanks for answering.

The thing with comparing battery range though is that range increases the less elevation, lighter the rider, smother the terrain, faster rolling the tyres are and lower the assist mode they use. So unless you weight the same and ride the same route, in the same conditions in exactly the same way it’s not really a comparable stat.

I could easily get 100miles out of one 504wh battery if I really wanted to, or could use the entire battery up in 10miles on another ride.

seosamh77
    Free Member

yeah, I know that! as I say just curious to what others are getting.

z1ppy

Haggis1978, I have one the E-Sommet VR, I’ve done just short of 1000 mile with no grumbles from the BB yet, even though I’ve been riding it since feb in all that crap we started the year with. Great bike, a well thought out package & thoroughly recommended. I’ve put some 2.8 NN’s on it and it’s an even bigger laugh, those and grips/seat is all I’ve changed from the std spec. I think your main issue will be sourcing one this year, unless the last of the 17″ ‘lower’ model fit you. Wiggle and crc have no current stock and being as they’ve had two deliveries already I’m doubtful they’ll bring in more this year but never say never.

geex
    Free Member

My BB issue is definitely not from poor conditions.
    2019 models should arrive soon (late September?). Well worth waiting for if pricing remains the same.
    Can’t wait to get mine back.

haggis1978

@Tracey what kind of trails are you riding on your Levo? Have a Spesh Enduro Elite 2017 650b just now. 65.5 degree headline angle. Just wondering if I can get the Levo down the golfy at Innerleithen no problem.

Bought the Enduro about a year ago in the sales and it’s awesome but very e-bike curious. The Kenevo should be the obvious one to get but prefer the look of the Levo.

Vitus e-mailed vr are all sold out 😦

forge197
    Free Member

Ard Rock demo on the Haibike and Cube SL160,  Hope to get the Cube soon been my favourite of those I’ve tried.

tjagain

My ebike is an add on kit and has been swapped around between frames – 375 w battery.  Range – best – 35 miles with 2000.  ft of climbing 50 / 50 road / offroad.  Thats not enough for me.  worst?  7 miles! de-restricted and chasing german motorcycle tourers on a wee road.  I was doing 35 –  40 mph and gently climbing on it tho

Tech is moving on at a fair old pace and the range limitations I have found may not be as acute on the latest kit but for me they are not that much cop offroad.  the extra weight spoils the descents and the range limitations mean I can end up pedalling a heavy bike home

Mines main use is as a utility bike – towing a heavy trailer of stuff around

I’m 95kg + and thrashed the hell out of my 24kg Kenevo first ride – 18 miles and 2500ft, but the 2500ft was in turbo and a lot of the rest of it was in trail, when I could have managed in eco. Not too fussed about stats, but would like to see if I can get the yardstick 30 miles at my weight using it properly

Tracey

Haggis

All and everything. From the pub to Wharncliffe DHs but mainly in the Peak. Found it hard to share between four of us so that’s why we have just bought another this week. Just had a couple of weeks in the Alps, didn’t take the Levo due to no spare room in the van but saw them been used on the trails in Verbier down some insain stuff. Will be taking it out to Ainsa and Finale in September hopefully with a day stop over in Vallnord to try it there. Most of our other bikes are Enduros or Stumpjumpers so tend to just throw my leg over what I fancy and is available.

grenosteve
    Free Member

My Super Commuter 8.  Love the bike so far, not used the motorbike or a car for over a month now.

It’s so nice riding to work in normal clothes and just enjoying the sun and sights. Can ride much harder on the days I take the normal bike too.

The other day on the way home from work, I had a little detour through Wharncliffe and Grenoside on the fire paths, and it was ace.  Making me think about getting an E-MTB too…

geex
    Free Member

Just wondering if I can get the Levo down the golfy at Innerleithen no problem.

No problem at all. but there’s nothing there you can’t get a 100mm hardtail down.
    The Levo is a way better bike than the first generation of DH bikes we raced on the old DH tracks at the golfie, inners and Fort Willaim 20 years back.

seosamh77
    Free Member

the extra weight spoils the descents

I don’t really notice a great deal of difference on the downs tbh, bit more draggy and harder to lift the back wheel, but other than that, feels fine I think.

tjagain

Mines a hardtail and I am used to riding a sub 25lb hardtail so making it a 40 lb hardtail I really feel the difference.  Same bike as its an add on kit.  ( bb mount)

toons
    Free Member

My second Levo

This is the most I’ve had out a battery

https://www.strava.com/activities/597474679

seosamh77
    Free Member

good effort, I like the one title “used to be a slog!” 😆

haggis1978

Geex you must be a far far better rider than me then dude cos my @rse still twitches going down there on my Enduro 😃

geex
    Free Member

Sounds like it, yes.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 153 total)

The topic ‘Let’s be seeing your ebike!’ is closed to new replies.