Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 153 total)
  • Let’s be seeing your ebike!
  • seosamh77
    Free Member

Just because I know this will be a universally loved thread! 😆

Let’s see your pride and joy out in the wilds!

Yeah, it’s a bit on the rough side, but so am I, well matched! 😆 Well scuffed up and battered with a bit of extra padding around the arse!

DezB
    Free Member

But is it fun? 😛

seosamh77
    Free Member

Terrible, don’t be trying it. You’ll hate it.

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve tried em. I think you’re mistaking my opinion about stw threads for my opinion about ebikes.

seosamh77
    Free Member

I was being sarcastic there, I know your opinion.

Anyhow, this is a genuine attempt at a picture thread! 😆

Mister-P
    Free Member

That should be taken to Cwmcarn and thrown on the fire.

singlespeedstu

Uphilldownhill.

cokie

@singlespeedstu Something something motorbike something

somafunk

Tomorrow i’ll be fitting a bafang BBS mid drive with throttle to my cove hummer

convert

Can I just say much I enjoy a user called ‘singlespeedstu’ being a forum ebike advocate – that really is grabbing the concept of embracing change by the horns.

cokie

Not mine, but my Uncles leisure e-bike. Great fun. Steal it when I can.

He’s lived in the bottom of the valley for 30 years and has never been cycling from the house due to the huge hills. This changed everything.

singlespeedstu

@singlespeedstu Something something motorbike something

I’m just mixing up some 50:1 then I’m off out to roost some lycra wearers.😛

that really is grabbing the concept of embracing change by the horns.

As much as I like to mix things up with my variety of riding it’s just a simple case of the powers that be not letting me change my forum name. (after countless years of ssing and nothing else I’ve not ss’d for around three years.)

seosamh77
    Free Member

Mister P

That should be taken to Cwmcarn and thrown on the fire.

por quoi, not up to the latest fashions? 😆

Mister-P
    Free Member

That’s the second one of those green monsters I have seen.  Could it be the same bike?  There can’t be many of them about.

Mister-P
    Free Member

A Genesis Core cannot be described as “the latest fashions”.  They haven’t been made since 2014 and yours isn’t even that modern *wink face*

seosamh77
    Free Member

Is 2011 retro now? 😆

convert

As much as I like to mix things up with my variety of riding it’s just a simple case of the powers that be not letting me change my forum name. (after countless years of ssing and nothing else I’ve not ss’d for around three years.)

No, I think it’s great. You ss types were/are renowned for their ‘if it doesn’t hurt, it’s not doing you good’ knee exploding attitude to riding up hills. To see one go to the darkside is refreshing and a positive about ebiking still being actual biking.

singlespeedstu

convert.

Just keeping my love of all things bike going by adding a new way of riding to my choices.

trail_rat
    Free Member

cant do photos because the places my photos are stored dont let me link anymore.

not that you would want tt see photos…its not a looker.

its a Kona sutra with some surley krampus forks. out front and an xtracycle freeradical kit out back.

it has a bafang bbs02 with a 34 tooth chainring upfront and a sturmey archer 3 speed rear hub with a 9speed deore cassette as well giving good range for the weight of a loaded cargo bike.

getting a new smaller battery though as techs moved on from he big triangle monstrosity that takes up the whole front triangle and weighs a tonne. same power and higher A can be had from a jumbo whale with more modern Cells and saves several KG

great thing for shopping and nipping to the pub with the wife.

seosamh77
    Free Member

getting a new smaller battery though as techs moved on from he big triangle monstrosity that takes up the whole front triangle and weighs a tonne. same power and higher A can be had from a jumbo whale with more modern Cells and saves several KG

Yeah. You need to secure them properly to the bike though, the 2 water bottle mounts are a bit iffy for any rough stuff(could easily see the battery getting ripped from the frame). I got another 2 water bottle mounts drilled into the frame and I also have a couple of cable ties running around that thing just for some opposite force, just incase.

ps loving the pics, keep them coming! 🙂

greyspoke
    Free Member

Those integrated aerodynamic water bottles look cool!

Tracey

Out in the Alps at the moment so left ours at home

martymac

2015 cube stereo race nyon.

this was taken the day i got it.

since then, have changed

wheels, for same type with wider rims

bars, higher

Grips, ergon type

stem, shorter

saddle, brooks B17ti

replaced a worn rear tyre

nyon display replaced with purion.

martymac

Tracey, i love the picture in the barley field, it’s fabulous.

roverpig

Could people give some indication of where the picture was taken (unless it’s in your garden of course)? I’ve never seen one in the wild and it would be interesting to see whether any are being used on the trails that I know.

seosamh77
    Free Member

mines was on that new john muir way link over to balloch behind the kilpartricks, knew they’d built it, was curious to see if it was any use. Was dull fire road up to the lochs, which is fine if you’re cruising up them at 15mph! 😆 , then it gets a wee bit pleasant at kilmanan and burncrooks reserviors, the path goes round burncrocks and is just a big 1.5/2m wide thing with loads of big gravelly chunks/stones in it, might wear down no bad in 10 years time! then after a few miles of that, just hits fireroad again, then into farm track and then roads. Not techy in the slightest though. As I say was just curious, pleasant enough jaunt though for a monday holiday. I’d imagine the route over to helensburgh is much the same.

Still had 55% left on the battery, which was decent.

ElShalimo

@roverpig  – “I’ve never seen one in the wild”

I’ve seen loads in Italy, Germany and Austria. I even saw a teenage boy on an e-Fat bike blasting up and down the campsite road. They’re really popular.

Tracey

Garage, local taking the dog out on a night, going up over Cutgate and back from the Langsett side.

smokey_jo

Not far far from hope hq

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Hang on

doomanic

I would post a picture but I can’t seem to get it to work.

seosamh77
    Free Member

https://imgur.com is quite easy. uploaded image, copy and paste the bb code.

cbike
    Free Member

There is some rough stuff on the John Muir/Three Lochs Way but it is obviously a well built path.   (and requiring ongoing maintenance)  It is open to bicycles and in the summer would be a better more rideable route with fewer walkers than the busy West Highland Way.  Get guidebooks here to help fund it and let the volunteer access team know what you think on FB.  The FB page also has updates on alternative routes should Forestry work be in progress.    http://www.threelochsway.co.uk

chrisdw
    Free Member

Had a go on one for the first time the other day. It was apparently modded so the computer displayed half the speed. Which meant double the speed in use. It was awesome fun zooming around a grassy field. I now want one.

singlespeedstu

Another rip round after work today.

So much fun just pissing about in the local woods.

I’ve not ridden this much in a long time.

Under the bridge.

seosamh77
    Free Member

cbike

There is some rough stuff on the John Muir/Three Lochs Way but it is obviously a well built path.   (and requiring ongoing maintenance)  It is open to bicycles and in the summer would be a better more rideable route with fewer walkers than the busy West Highland Way.  Get guidebooks here to help fund it and let the volunteer access team know what you think on FB.  The FB page also has updates on alternative routes should Forestry work be in progress.    http://www.threelochsway.co.uk

think i’ll give the whole milngavie to arrochar run a go soon, see what it’s like, be a decent test of the battery, 42 miles, 1100m(most direct route), with the option to add on the glen loin loop if enough juice left to take it to 55mi, 1655m.might be best doing it from arrochar mind seeing how far you get south, more train stations to bail at!

Would need to be pretty miserly on the power for the full whack i think!

seosamh77
    Free Member

Tomorrow i’ll be fitting a bafang BBS mid drive with throttle to my cove hummer

be interested to hear your thoughts on the 2 different systems btw.

somafunk

Got it finally built up and finished an hr ago, been out for a quick shake down and blimey 😳, it’s bloody quick off the mark using the throttle and with 9 levels of pedal assist (non torque sensing, works by crank revolutions) there is plenty of oomph to choose from, when changing gear I back off the revolutions and select higher/lower as required and ease the cadence back up, If using the throttle i back right off before changing as the power can come in pretty bloody sharp depending on how much you move the thumb trigger. Still got the cables to tidy up and a few minor things to do but very happy with it.  I’ve got the hydraulic adapter cables to cut the motor when braking but I dunno if I’ll bother fitting them as it seems to work fine without them, I’d forgotten how bloody good the formula R1 brakes are when pulled on, slowed the bike very rapidly.

Currently got it set up with a syntace rigid carbon fork so it only weighs 16.5 kg, very pleased with the weight as that’s almost 8kg lighter than my Scott e-genius, I’ll eventually fit the Fox talas 110/140mm but for now I’m going hunting on the roads 😉.

The bbs01 extra torque motor seems to be plenty fast enough, glad I didn’t get the 750 version or the 1500w BBSHD as that’d be overkill for my needs, sits happily north of 20mph with its middle of the road tuning (very reliable) and I have a 36v 12ah battery so should be good for an achievable 30mile range.

Will get pics up tmorn

seosamh77
    Free Member

Cool, great stuff, glad to hear it’s gone well. Yes, I don’t use the brake cut off either, didn’t even buy them. I’d tried the on my brothers bike and tbh they are horrible. Cut the power to the engine at in opportune times particularly a pain on brakey undullating stuff where you feather the brake salot and need to pedal.

somafunk

Lekkie bling ring and Lekkie buzz bar cranks

Thumb throttle and motor/display controller

Still got two DMR Moto RT 2.4 tyres to fit and that’s it finished, very happy with it and a shout out to Darren at Brighton E-Bikes for help and advice.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 153 total)

The topic ‘Let’s be seeing your ebike!’ is closed to new replies.