Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)
  • Let us see your whisky stash
  • salsaboy

Here are a few of mine. All Bruichladdich.

[/url]

bruk

[/url] Whisky by Moose, on Flickr[/img]

Mixture of stuff including some Laddie Ten which might be of interest to you.

ps the Laphroag isn’t stolen, they forgot to take the tag off and it didn’t set the alarm off on leaving.

chunkypaul
    Free Member

makes mental note ‘must buy more whisky’!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    AlasdairMc

That’s an impressive collection there bruk.

FYI – the security tag comes off very easily with a pair of cable cutters as I’ve found out myself in the past, incidentally on a bottle of Laphroaig.

nedrapier

As of last night, my whisky stash consists of one empty bottle of Balvennie Doublewood.

leffeboy

Makes mental note, must drink slower. How can you manage to keep them that long

Spud

Our stash is no longer a stash, however a restocking will soon commence!!

peterfile
    Free Member

All i’ve got left is an almost empty bottle of Talisker 18.

🙁

salsaboy

Nice selection bruk, just finished my Jura.
    I only tend to open one at a time, Bruichladdich Peat opening this eveing.

salsaboy

This one will have to wait for a VERY special occasion.

[/url]

bruk

I tend to have a few open and slowly work my way through them. Jura Prophecy was a bit disappointing thus I had to open the Laddie Ten which is current fave.

Enjoy the Peat, where do you source the more unusual ones from? Think it would have to be a very special day to open that one above.

salsaboy

Got a few good ones of ebay!

meehaja
    Free Member

I buy a bottle, drink it over a month or so then buy another. This month I’m drinking Asda finest Scotch as an experiment Its actually rather nice.

dangriff
    Free Member

I’ve got a 1975 Macallan in the drinks cabinet. My father bought it for me in 2004 just befor I deployed to Iraq and we agreed to open it together when I got back. When I did, I was in no mood to drink it. I’ve never had a good reason to open it since, so will probably give it to my son in a decade or two.

Grimy
    Free Member

It simply dosent hang around long enough to build a stash. That reminds me, I need a new ice cube tray, ebay here I come.

BTW, how do people feel about salted peanuts with their whisky. I cant have one without the other 8)

salsaboy

Ice yes, never tried salty nuts with my whisky.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Currently empty. 🙁

However, am off on my travels shortly so will be picking up the odd thing duty free. Whisper it quietly, but my first pick to buy will be this;

I am a huge fan of Japanese whisky.

Then, next purchase will be this;

Problem is, you see, I’ve really, really got in to my rum instead…Sorry.

psling
    Free Member

Just the one bottle of Glenmorangie here, always ready for sharing 😉

Coyote
    Free Member

Just run out of Maker’s Mark. Jack is the only whiskey in my collection at the moment. Could do with Sainsburys having another special.

llama

I like yamazaki – was given it in Tokyo and was pleasantly surprised. It don’t go with sushi though 🙂

eyerideit
    Free Member

Salsaboy: Bruichladdich’s packaging is impressive. It’s very contemporary, not your traditional whiskey brand. The distillery must have quite a open minded marketing department.

dribbling
    Free Member

What a fabulous idea for a thread; interestingly enough I realised the other day that Monkey Shoulder isn’t Single Malt, but blended.

Kuco

Only got half bottle of Glenfiddich left. Been drinking more wine but did look at the whisky’s today while shopping thinking I need to get a couple.

matt_outandabout

*has envy*

I_Ache
    Free Member

My Whisky really doesn’t last very long at all. I normally get a few bottles at Christmas that are lucky to make it to March. I do really like sitting down to watch a film with a few glasses of straight Laphroaig.

tommytowtruck

Down to one bottle of Talisker here, plus a bit of cooking whisky I think. Although there is a bottle of Bruichladdich PC10 on it’s way to us.

tommytowtruck

My brother-in-law is a bit of a Bruichladdich fan too salsaboy!

ton

one for guests, one for me, guess which is which

salsaboy

I’m guessing you spend a lot of time round your brother in laws tommytowtruck.

gsp1984
    Free Member

I don’t take photos of my exciting whiskey collection, instead I stick to exciting dinners which just happen to capture an edge of a smokey islay.

Mikkel
    Free Member

IMAG0254 by msh_sco, on Flickr

Favourit is the Edradour and the 18 year Laphroig

salsaboy

Time a Singletrack Single Malt was available.
    Chipps?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

“Time a Singletrack Single Malt was available.”

Great idea

richmtb

Not a current photo but you get the idea. The Ardbeg has been replaced by a Laphraoig 18YO

salsaboy

What’s the bottle centre front rich?

Saccades
    Free Member

I’ve a bottle of 16yo Scapa with 1/3 left which is very nice, bit honeyish. Just picked up a bottle of Bushmills Distillary reserve which I’ve yet to sample.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Was saving the old hokonui for my graduation after i brought it back from new zealand ( thanks no fuss )

Unfortunantly i was soloing mountain mayhem the day of my graduation – and by all accounts i had a better time 🙂

So now i guess ill pop the top if trailrat jnr ever arrives.

Balvenie 12 is my favorite although my next purchase will be bruichladdich 12 after sampling it for cheap at weatherspoons last christmas eve.

athgray
    Free Member

I had about a dozen bottles on the go until recently. Unfortuately I never wanted to finish one off and replace it. Now have a dwindling supply of the dregs of about 6 bottles.
    Starting to like peated malts more. Moving away from 12 year old Balvenie towards a nice 18 year old Caol Isla.

sofaking
    Free Member

my little laddie collection, i wont disturb the others as they are sleeping

[/url] IMAG0257 by Sofaking., on Flickr[/img]

swavis

Whisky stash by GavinBelton, on Flickr

Favourite there is the Mortlach 16yo, just lovely! The 2 bottles of Aberlour there won’t be opened for a while, especially the one on the right as it was a special edition for the village bicentenery, altough villagers got it less than half price, result 😉
    I’m going to treat myself to a bottle of 21yo Balvenie Port Wood for the festive period this year as it’s just delicious 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘Let us see your whisky stash’ is closed to new replies.