Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Let the hate flow through you.
  • theendisnigh
    Free Member

So, just ordered a MET Parachute. Went for black and red.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well done, looks crap compared to the old one, no removable chin bar or anything. You know they explode don’t you there are literally no pictures of it on the internet.

jam-bo

new bell super 2R looks more interesting..

andymc06
    Free Member

Your ears fall off when you put them on apparently!

wwaswas

pardon?

Northwind

Looks good to me, pricetag aside

binners

scruff
    Free Member

theendisnigh
    Free Member

lol, yes I guess they are a bit jazzy, perhaps too jazzy?

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

I think it looks good. Certainly better than the Mk I anyway!

kimbers

I tried one on, very nice; light and airy

defo interesting to see what the bell one is like too

cloudnine
    Free Member

Is that an ejector handle on the side? Pull in an emergency..

Northwind

Chinbar ejector I think.

D0NK

Met now making a seriously vented & lightweight fullfacer looks more sensible than removable chin guard. Seemed a daft option, you’re not going to add/remove chinguard at top/bottom of hills (are you?), if you’re on a multi day road trip you’ll take both a full facer and a standard lid. I’m having difficulty imagining a real need for that feature.

But having never worn a fullfacer I know I’m not their target market.

stewartc
    Free Member

Picked one up a couple of weeks ago (MET Parachute that is), very impressed with it in the Hong Kong summer, very ventilated and feels reasonably solid.

No doubt my head will explode though the next time I use it!

andyl
    Free Member

I wasnt sure if it was for removing the chin guard or for mounting an action camera.

If the former it could be to assist in helmet removal in case of suspected spinal injury.

BigDummy
    Free Member

you’re not going to add/remove chinguard at top/bottom of hills (are you?)

I have witnessed with my own eyes people doing exactly this. They were on an enduro. I would never have believed it had I not seen it.

🙂

theendisnigh
    Free Member

I never removed the chinguard on my original parachute, there was no need as it didn’t really restrict airflow. The bell chin guard doesn’t look as well vented and maybe thats why they came up with the detach mechanism.

Northwind

I can see it making a bit more sense on the Bell there, as it’s a burlier looking helmet. Whereas the old parachute was so well vented there wasn’t much reason to remove the chin (and it never really seemed like that great a helmet without it tbh).

If the Bell can feel like a Super til you put the jaw on, but still provide something like full on fullface protection, that’s going to be a good helmet. Slightly skeptical, the way you fit the 2 types of helmet is different after all.

jam-bo

Met now making a seriously vented & lightweight fullfacer looks more sensible than removable chin guard. Seemed a daft option, you’re not going to add/remove chinguard at top/bottom of hills (are you?), if you’re on a multi day road trip you’ll take both a full facer and a standard lid. I’m having difficulty imagining a real need for that feature.

But having never worn a fullfacer I know I’m not their target market.

the market is enduro racing. helmets have to be worn all the time, some are starting to mandate full-face on the timed DH stages. its a better solution than carrying two helmets or dying of heatstroke climbing a full face.

D0NK

the market is enduro racing

ah right, sorry I’m nonduro/unduro, my bars and wheels aren’t big enough, but didn’t the parachute precede enduro? Or were the euro mob quietly getting on with enduro while we were mucking about on long travel hardtails in the noughties?

The clip on bit of the bell looks more doable for enduro but wasn’t the original parachute bolt on?

BTW is the design of the bell and the met going to stop you mashing your face on the chinguard in a face brake crash?

theendisnigh
    Free Member

BTW is the design of the bell and the met going to stop you mashing your face on the chinguard in a face brake crash?

Well thats kind of the point.

mickmcd
    Free Member

And you felt the need to come and tell a load of folks on a biking forum

You just like having a bell end near your mouth don’t you? In fact forget dont read it as a question its more of a statement

D0NK

Well thats kind of the point.

probably better than hitting the deck admittedly but…
    bolt a chinguard on a standard helmet and in the case of a crash I envisage it pivoting your helmet up and back and a face/guard interface (plenty of images of the result on google pics for parachute) I’d wager that fullfacers are designed differently to reduce the pivoting and some padding on the inside to reduce the effects of face/guard interaction.

But again as a none FF user I could be talking out of my bottom.

theendisnigh
    Free Member

I face planted in my original parachute and my face escaped injury. The impact was severe enough to dislocate the chin piece from the main helmet. I’m sure I would have sustained quite serious injury without it, so I’m very much happier with a full face helmet, even a light weight version such as this. I agree it looks over the top at trail centres, but you don’t know when you’ll need it.

theendisnigh
    Free Member

You just like having a bell end near your mouth don’t you? In fact forget dont read it as a question its more of a statement

Mick I’ve had enough of you propositioning me, sending me snapchats of your cock in the bath etc I’m not interested.

Northwind

@Donk… Any helmet can rotate, if you push the chinbar down it’ll tend to roll the helmet around your head. But it needs quite a lot of force to do it with a decent hat.

The chinpiece tends not to be padded as such on pushbike helmets because venting’s much more important, so you get a bit of foam and fabric but not a huge amount. But even then, I’d rather have the jaw of a helmet hit my face, than a big rock. Especially given sliding/gravel rash! The question isn’t “can it bash my face” as much as “if it does, will that be worse than the alternative”

BigJohn

The OP’s post has indeed stirred feelings of hate within me.

Because he started it with

So,

theendisnigh
    Free Member

The OP’s post has indeed stirred feelings of hate within me.

Enjoy!

mickmcd
    Free Member

Mick I’ve had enough of you propositioning me, sending me snapchats of your cock in the bath etc I’m not interested.

you love the attention….like i would have got my cock in shot with that weedy phone cam

ps I just hate the OP

theendisnigh
    Free Member

like i would have got my cock in shot with that weedy phone cam

Deny it if you like you freak! But we both know the truth!

Anyway, shouldn’t you be bodging some rocket frames together? Its no wonder they are so fkn late with you trolling this forum day and night.

Northwind

Isn’t it weird that these enduro hats lead you to road cycling?

devash
    Free Member

dang100
    Free Member

I have the original parachute and the removable face guard. It’s actually pretty handy as one do-it-all helmet. I see it more as a standard helmet with a bit more protection than anything approaching a full face. But it does mean I can use it to commute to work without looking like Predator.

mickmcd
    Free Member

Deny it if you like you freak! But we both know the truth!

you have **** upset me now

dooge
    Free Member

I had a Parachute about 12 years ago when they were really popular and Troy Lee full facers were designated for the very rich and racers only. It died a death on crashing and although I didnt really damage the chinpiece it was fairly scratched. I would have had a cheek full of gravel if it wasent for the helmet.

yippeekiyay
    Free Member

stewartc – Member

Picked one up a couple of weeks ago (MET Parachute that is), very impressed with it in the Hong Kong summer, very ventilated and feels reasonably solid.

No doubt my head will explode though the next time I use it!

Looks good, might order one. Can the all pads be removed for cleaning?

dirtydog
    Free Member

Think they look good, 700 grams, well ventilated and unlike the old version meet the same safety standards as a tradditional full face, price seems reasonable as well.

The biggest mistake they made was to call it Parachute as it aligns it too close to the old one. I suspect despite the name they will fly off the shelves anyway, guess we’ll have to wait and see.

theendisnigh
    Free Member

Can the all pads be removed for cleaning?

Yes you can remove all the pads. There are 2 sizes of cheek pads provided, I find these actually contact the cheeks, so I’ve left them off, they don’t seem necessary and would make it hot to wear. I might use them in the winter but probably not tbh.

I have found the helmet extremely light and airy, it is not noticeabley hotter to wear than a normal xc helmet and is much cooler to wear than my Urge Enduromatic. The chin piece looks like it will provide fair protection from a face plant type crash. It won’t be very strong from a side impact but still better than nothing. I really like it, my only gripe is the D-ring strap which is difficult to operate with gloves. I ride a motorbike so I’m used to D-ring but its a 2 handed fiddle. I like to take my helmet off for climbs but I don’t now as it would mean stopping. I guess the D-ring may have been necessary for certain regs.
    A slight gripe is drinking, its trickier to get a camelbak mouthpiece in your mouth but it is possible. I haven’t ridden with a bottle yet but I imagine that might be trickier.
    Overall I’m really happy with it.

vonplatz
    Free Member

The chin guard on the new parachute can also be removed with a tool.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Let the hate flow through you.’ is closed to new replies.