Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Les Gets
  • polarisandy
    Free Member

Thinking of driving to Les Gets at the end of march / start of April to ski with wife and two under 10’s.
    Anyone been out there this late in the season before?

Also any tips on best place in Les Gets to look for a chalet (a balance of cost and access to slopes)

Any tips for ski hire/passes/lessons?

Thanks in advance.

andytherocketeer

I was taught by the guy that runs this school
    http://www.skischool.co.uk/
    but when he was still an instructor at this school
    http://www.britishskischool.com/les_gets/
    (both are recommended)

Rented all my gear at Michaud Sports (SkiSet). Most of them are virtually at the lift station, and do overnight storage.

Snow could be anything. There’s usually/often a big dump in April.

Only place I stayed in is not so convenient for slopes, and is a good 20min walk down to town for a beer.

lucien

It’s only 1500 mtrs high, so that late in the season the snow could be well dodgy – if the only reason for going is to ski, I’d be thinking about resorts that are at a higher altitude and therefore more snow sure.

polarisandy
    Free Member

Thanks Andy and Lucien.
    It was time booked off at Easter that has morphed into a skiing holiday..with 15+ hrs of driving at either end of it.
    The complication was that a pal will be in Les Gets that week so was hoping to meet up with him.

I’m having second thoughts…
    for the extra cash it might be worth paying and going somewhere else higher.
    Man skiing holidays are expensive though…

cheers

dashed
    Free Member

Anywhere in the main village will be fine for accessing the lifts, but there is a lot of accommodation up each side of the valley which isn’t convenient for the lifts / beers / anything… Snow is hit and miss at that time of year… But if you’ve got a car then it’s prob only 15-20 mins drive to the cable car that takes you up to Avariaz and should be plenty up there still.

Alphabet

We had an apartment out there until we sold it last year so have been out at all times of the year. April can be great if there is a late dump of snow or it can be warm and rainy. As you’ll be in the car you’ve got the option to drive up to Avoriaz each day which being much higher up will have more chance of better snow.

flap_jack
    Free Member

Chamonix ? Doesn’t get any higher…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Les Gets’ is closed to new replies.