Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Les Arcs lift dates summer 2017
  • dantsw13

I’m in the process of booking summer 2017 chalets in Les Arc, and have been told the lifts will only open on 8 Jul this year. Anybody with inside info, as the dates won’t officially be out for ages yet.

wallop

I’ve read that too – later than usual this year. I think the guys who organise Enduro 2 have confirmed it.

dantsw13

Bo@@@@ks!! Due to stay out there 7-10. Probably due to all the late snow last year, a lot of stuff was still snow covered early vtt season.

dantsw13

Enduro2 is supposed to be 1-3 Jul. That’ll be tough to organise without lifts.

ahsf
    Free Member

Lifts will be open for the enduro 2 but may not be open to the public.
    It’s open the sat/Sunday 25/25th June but only the weekends as it is most years then fully open from the 2nd July.
    The snow won’t affect the Funi accessed trails but might above 1800m, there is a ski 2 bike race in April which is using black 8.
    https://www.lesarcsnet.com/lifts/summer-dates

dantsw13

Ok. We could still come same dates, and ride Tignes/val on day 1 I guess.

ahsf
    Free Member

Tignes and Val is higher up and the trails wasn’t fully open for a while last year because of the snow, better lower down or La Thuile or Pila.

dantsw13

If La Thuile is open that day, that sounds like a plan.

dantsw13

Sounds a bit odd, losing a weeks trade, when they need everything open for E2 anyway.

jambalaya
    Free Member

You could ask Stevo at White Room what he knows and when the van uplift starts in Ste Foy

wallop

Someone mentioned it was staying open a week later at the back end.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Sounds a bit odd, losing a weeks trade, when they need everything open for E2 anyway.

E2 probably only requires a few lifts for a few hours, so selective opening would work.

White Room’s website confirms “Some” lifts are open June 24 to Jul 7 and “All” from July 8

I am sure there will be plenty around the area to ride or failing that Chamonix is open and it’s before the bike ban on certain lifts/trails and Verbier will be mostly open (probably only missing Savoleyre lift which isn’t a big deal)

dantsw13

Thanks – one of my mates has a contact at Bikevillage, so I’ll get chapter & verse there. We stay in Vallandry, and I think that lift opens late June.

I think we will push ahead as planned, and do the first day at either Tignes or La Thuile if necessary.

dantsw13
    mrlinderley
    Free Member

Does anybody know if the paradiski(les arcs/la plagne) option is available this year?
    Last year they were seperate and if you wanted to go over the vanoise express you had to buy a day ticket for la plagne at something like 20 euros.

wallop

Last year we bought a paradiski season pass last year but we could only buy it in La Plagne, not Les Arcs. It was all a bit odd but I think it was something to do with the shorter season in LP. Standard French logic.

rondo101
    Free Member

As Wallop says, paridiski season pass was only available from La Plagne last year for €90 but could only be used (on either side) for length of La Plagne summer season (which was slightly shorter than LA’s). Les Arcs season pass (not valid in LP) was €115. Made sense for the 2 weeks we were there as both resorts were open. We bought ours from Montchavin. You’ll need a passport photo each, assuming the terms are the same this year.

Even if you are only going for a week, if you’re planning on doing 2 days in LP the paridiski pass might make sense as it’s €30 more than a week’s pass in LA and LP day passes are €15. Gives the opportunity to pop over the Vanoise and finish a day’s LA riding on miner’s strike.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Surprised to read Les Gets (and I assume Morzine) are opening the Bike Park early this year – first week of June I think and not closing till mid-Sept. can’t say I blame them, people were still riding dry trails in PDS in Dec last year.

mrlinderley
    Free Member

Thanks, thats great info guys. I remember someone saying that to me last year but I didnt quite believe them.
    Hopefully someboby will comfirm their lift pass plans for this year before I head out there.
    I also hope they open the La Roche lift this year. Getting to Mont Jovet is much easier with it.
    Miners Strike is a fine way to end the day followed by a beer in the canoe centre.
    Getting excited already.

mrlinderley
    Free Member

2017 Time table and prices are out. Bit of a price hike. The paradiski season pass is only available from La Plagne and is 145 euros (90 last year). Les Arcs is 65 euros and if you want to go over to La Plagne its 15 euro a day. pita

mixmaster
    Free Member

Val opens the 1st July apparently but still a lot of snow (more due tomorrow!) so think they may have a couple runs open but no link to Tignes.
    Still it’s free though for the season!

mrlinderley
    Free Member

Quick update. You can buy a week long paradiski lift pass again this year. 80 euros.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Les Arcs lift dates summer 2017’ is closed to new replies.