Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 96 total)
  • Les Arcs, a few Q's.
  • nashwaymule
    Free Member

6 of us are arriving sat 20th July till sat 27th staying up in Piesey Nancroix anyone else out over this period with some prior experience who can mark a few trails up on a soon to be bought map ?? or for a cheeky ride / beer ?

bland

We get to bourg on the evening of the 19 th so come find us in the bourg campsite and bring a highlighter! Look out for an accord and Astra estate, we will hopefully be at the back of the site by the entrance to the forest/ tennis courts

Doug
    Free Member

Wozza. In Les Glieres just round the corner from the funi as well. Look for a burgundy Kia Sedona.

Been lucky with the weather the last couple of times I’ve been but know you can also get snow 8(

Just serviced the car and bikes started to pack.

mrhoppy

It’s scorchio at the moment, rained yesterday but dry since Sunday otherwise. Forecast for tomorrow is sunny too so it’s not bad really.

ceejay
    Free Member

Looks like I’m set to head out with a friend on the 14th August for 4 days. It’ll be our first venture into Europe and think we’ve picked the right place by the sounds of it.

Staying in Bourg and just wondering if a guide day would help and if it’s east to get one with the French vito. Also is Saturday a no ride day, or is there still plenty to do?

If anyone is out there then by all means let me know… or if you have any recommendations on places to stay etc

Cheers

stevomcd
    Free Member

ceejay – the funi and cachette chairlift are open on Saturdays.

I’ve been told in no uncertain terms by mrsstevo not to do any more private guiding on my day off – you could try Yvan at http://www.peisey-vallandry-mtb.com/ . He used to work for us and knows his stuff.

maxtorque

Your house won’t re-wire itself eh Stevo !! 😉

Northwind

Aw, has Yvan moved on? No more “we go?” 🙁 I love that man.

PS check your email, think I owe you money (Andrew Cunningham), pretty sure I have only paid the deposit but I’ve not heard back from you re balance!

cubemeup
    Free Member

I’m going to la rosiere next Friday so ill be testing all these trails out!

FieldMarshall

Can also vouch for Yvan. He guided us around Les Arcs 3 years ago and really knew his way around.

He described every trail, as “Steep, rocky, switchbacks, technical….”

We rode Les Arc, Thuile and Tignes last week. Weather was great, trails were really dry and dusty. Versoyen campsite was excellent. Good value and really convenient for the funicular.

Wish I was still there. 🙁

Thanks to all those who provided advice before we went.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

He described every trail, as “Steep, rocky, switchbacks, technical….”

Another +1 for Ivan with some added “you may die :)” with a bit of a shrug

Northwind

“We stop, take a look… Maybe you don’t do it?”

Burchy1
    Free Member

Off out to Bourg late August for 5 days, cant wait as I didn’t think I’d get to go this year.

Stevomcd – If you can’t do Saturday rides does Iona fancy it? 😉

Oh and if anyone was thinking of using Yvan, i can also vouch that he is a very knowledgeable guide, with a unique but endearing way of describing trails. 😀

fbk
    Free Member

Yet another vote for Yvan at Peisey-Vallandry MTB. We got his name from the owner of the Chalet we stayed at in Peisey.

Top bloke with some impressive riding skills, good sense of humour and he coped really well with our group of 10 mixed riders. He even got us off the top of the mountain safely when a huge **** off storm came in 🙂

ceejay
    Free Member

Cheers for the replies all, but as quickly as it comes, it then goes. There was 5 and then down to 2, but now due to situations / cash etc it may just be 1… me… dammit!

Even if I’m on my tod then I still want to experience getting out there if I can. I’m looking at trying not to spend a fortune, but think its invevitable due to transfers.

Is anyone going out similar times (14th Aug-18th Aug) – or is it easy to jump on guided groups mid week. Don’t fancy being stuck up a hill if I bin it!

Would I be better going to somewhere like Morz/Les Gets or somewhere with a bigger scene even though I’m more enduro than full on DH.

thanks in advance again.

bland

Just got back from another awesome trip, hi to everyone I met out there and word up to Doug for the most amazing map reading and navigation skills ever!

Oh and strava and la varda isn’t a good combination on the last day with a hangover, possibly the hardest thing I have done but got a time of 24 mins which I was happy with being only a min behind Ali from trail addiction who prob knows it off the back of his hand and wasn’t half cut when riding it!

Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 96 total)

The topic ‘Les Arcs, a few Q's.’ is closed to new replies.