Les Arc tomorrow

Home Forum Chat Forum Les Arc tomorrow

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Les Arc tomorrow
  • bland

if you are on a cut up trail then your on the wrong one!

The new red and blue at Vallandry were a bit cut up but they are just a route down to other stuff so i shouldnt worry.

Just keep off the waymarked trail map trails and you will be fine

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

Flying out on saturday :mrgreen:

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

Do you plan on leaving the resort? the stuff outside won’t cut up much at all

giantmtb

Off to Les Arc tomorrow, cannot wait.

Is anybody out there, what are the trails like at the momment? Are they badly cut up now with only 2 weeks left with the lifts open?

giantmtb

Thanks guys, this is my second trip to Les Arc. We went down last year also. Last year we stuck to the waymarked trails but this year we’re going to do a bit more “off piste”. As there’s only two of us, its easy to make our minds up whether to turn left or right!!

We’ve got the car with us so a trip up to Tignes is on the cards too.

Northwind, where are you staying? Are you going with Trail Addiction? We’re on the campsite in Bourg Saint Maurice.

Premier Icon woody2000
    Subscriber

Les Arc tomorrow

Bugger off

๐Ÿ˜‰

Premier Icon bigjim
    Subscriber

2 weeks to go for me…

julians

just got back from les arc on Sunday.

The marked trails are all fine, not cut up, and actually pretty decent (which is contrary to the opinion of most on here). Loved it all, especially black 7.

Went to tignes on Saturday, was also pretty good, and trails in fine condition, not cut up.

Great area to go biking.

Milkie

1 Week to go for me! :mrgreen: I heard it rained a bit last week.

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

giantmtb – Member

Northwind, where are you staying? Are you going with Trail Addiction? We’re on the campsite in Bourg Saint Maurice.

White Room… So probably won’t spend much time in the resort, there’s better stuff up and down the valley but not so easy to find, teh trails around sainte foy are magic… But if you see us, I’ll be on a scabrous battlescarred Hemlock.

If you’ve got transport, go to La Thuile, it’s mint. Only ever been guided but the riding there was the best of my week, which was the best week’s riding I’ve ever done, marvelous.

rondo101

Will second the La Thuile recommendation. Well worth the trip.

Pila was also good fun, but would have liked to have had a proper DH bike for the top trails. The 18 km “enduro” descent down in to Aosta was fantastic though.

julians

it did rain a bit last week, but only for 1 day really, but it was generally overcast for most of the week, but it didnt stop us riding.

My bike broke on the 2nd to last day – ccdb air shock failed in two different ways, high speed damping broke and an air seal failed which meant it gradually got more and more stuck down – hired a specialized status for the final day in tignes – never been on a downhill bike before, it only really came alive at very high speed, or very rough stuff – I felt my mojo HD would have been faster on the majority of stuff.

Was great – next big mountain trip for us is bubion with switchbacks in october.

maxtorque

Northwind

White Room…

Can you ask Patrick what his “crash tally” is up to for the season so far? We have a little bet going…….. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Premier Icon luffy105
    Subscriber

Just spent a lovely long weekend in Val D, La Rosiere and LA. The trails all look great from the bottom but didn’t do any riding this time as was too busy catching up with old friends and drinking. Shame really as would have loved to have a quick ride but there were a group of welsh guys in La Rosiere who looked like they were having a ball. Was fun to watch them ride into town on Friday night all grinning from ear to ear. And if the bloke who was on the black spesh, second to last, is on here your bike needs a service Sir! ๐Ÿ™‚

The conditions and the weather look great at the moment! Enjoy!

Premier Icon rickon
    Subscriber

That’d be the Halfwayup guys, really nice chaps – cubemeup posts on here and is with them ๐Ÿ™‚

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

@Maxtorque… Pat says he’s not crashing much just now. But then he also said this didn’t count as a crash.

maxtorque

^^ Brill, that’s our Patrick, he’s quite good on snow too……….

On the very first trail of the our week, he went OTB in front of me, about, oh, a whole 25 yards, from the start of the trail!

Good fun to follow down the side of a mountain though, as you literally never know what’s coming next ๐Ÿ˜‰

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Les Arc tomorrow’ is closed to new replies.