• This topic has 30 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by benv.
Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Leon….
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

…forgot how good it was.

Léon : You need some time to grow up a little.

Mathilda : I finished growing up, Léon. I just get older.

Léon : For me it’s the opposite. I’m old enough. I need time to grow up.

scuttler

Moroccan meatballs every time!!

lucien

Christmas dinner wrap was ace at lunchtime……….oh  you mean  a different Leon

bear-uk
    Free Member

Seat Leon estate?

nobbingsford

Cracking film. Haven’t seen it for years. Might just need to hunt it down…

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

Please take the weight of your feet and have a Seat.

TedC

Lemon Ginger Crunch…mmm

plus-one

No women no kids !!

Class movie

Pigface
    Free Member

EVERYONE

Drac

One of my absolute favourites Gary Oldman is outstanding as ever such a fantastic actor.

seadog101

Both, for me.
    On a very cold morning at Kings Cross the porridge was a god send.

The film.
    Similarly heart warming.

pondo

“This is from Matilda.”

Fantastic film.

Pook

“for Matilda”

The Director’s cut can be an uncomfortable watch.

Spin
    Free Member

One of those films that shouldn’t work but does.

brownsauce
    Free Member

It was an acting masterclass from a 12 year old Natalie Portman in my op.

& Luc Bessons’ films are always watchable.

P-Jay
    Free Member

The Director’s cut can be an uncomfortable watch.

Yeah…

Love the film, but the extended version is slightly less action film and slightly more Noncey. That’s not fair actually, it’s more challenging.

kelron
    Free Member

I liked it as an action movie but Luc Besson’s a creepy ****. Rewatching would be uncomfortable.

RustyNissanPrairie

^thats wrong.
    At least taxi 1&2 are awesome and non noncey!

Cougar

^^ That smells of fanfic to me and certainly wasn’t in any version of the film I’ve seen. Source?

Leon’s a great film. The extended cut adds a bunch of extra backstory which I presume was cut due to “repeatable behaviour” (and length) – ie when they’re breaking into flats with bolt cutters.

kelron
    Free Member

It’s supposedly from the original screenplay, not in the film. I can’t really verify that of course.

http://scifiscripts.com/msol/LEON.txt

Maybe it’s a weird hoax but parts of the movie have an uncomfortable tone and there’s no shortage of rumours about the director.

Cougar

parts of the movie have an uncomfortable tone and there’s no shortage of rumours about the director.

Whilst that may be true, I’m calling bobbins on that text. There’s even a “dedication” at the end.

Drac

Doesn’t even claim to be the original script.

Yes, supposedly there was meant to be a love interest in the story between them.

tdog
    Free Member

One of my fave childhood go to films

easily
    Free Member

there’s no shortage of rumours about the director

Oh, well, if there are rumours what more needs to be said?

DrJ

Natalie Portman fans might be interested to compare notes with the Grauniad’s list of 20 best NP films

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/nov/29/natalie-portmans-20-best-film-performances-ranked

P-Jay
    Free Member

Leon’s a great film. The extended cut adds a bunch of extra backstory which I presume was cut due to “repeatable behaviour” (and length) – ie when they’re breaking into flats with bolt cutters.

My Memory isn’t great, when I watched it around when it was new, there were a few scenes that made you pause a moment, but for the most part it seemed like an action film with some boring bits (I was about 15 when it was released on VHS), I watched it again about 5 years ago and there were a few scenes that were more than suspect than I hadn’t remembered.

I turns out that, it was because they were never in the version released in the UK in the 90s, there’s an extended version that came out with the DVD, it has scenes showing more of the relationship between the characters which I doubt any studio would risk in 2019 and scenes showing Matilda being involved in ‘hits’.

They’re both really good, and the relationship between the 2 is challenging to watch, but Leon remains innocent (bar being a mass murderer of course) in both.

P-Jay
    Free Member

there’s no shortage of rumours about the director

Oh, well, if there are rumours what more needs to be said?

Well, it’s not a rumour that he had a 15 year old GF when he was 32, he’d known her since she was 12. She had her first child to Besson when she was 16 years and 5 months old.

So, basically the Bill Wyman defence.

She’s in the film too, she plays the prostitute in the first scene.

tjmoore

The shorter version was down to Yanks objecting to the more uncomfortable scenes, which is no surprise.

Brilliant Besson stuff. Oldman is at his best his, Jean Reno is Jean Reno. Kicked off Portman’s career.

Well, it’s not a rumour that he had a 15 year old GF when he was 32, he’d known her since she was 12. She had her first child to Besson when she was 16 years and 5 months old.

Maïwenn Besco. Age of consent in France is 15, so no law broken and she’s been pretty open about it all. Stated the film is partly based on their relationship.

Then there are the other accusations, and that’s all they are at present.

Don’t know really. Can you separate art from the behaviours of the artist? Obviously you can come up with the Hitler and his paintings argument, though his paintings weren’t that great anyway.

I still like many Polanski films despite his run from the law (and his is a more serious crime which he pleaded guilty to).

It’s still a bloody good film.

Anyway, in same boat and also awesome – Nikita. Original French with subs if needed.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I enjoyed Anna but kept getting deja vu over Nikita.

Cougar

there’s an extended version that came out with the DVD, it has scenes showing more of the relationship between the characters which I doubt any studio would risk in 2019 and scenes showing Matilda being involved in ‘hits’.

It’s the “uncut international version” – I have it here.

benv
    Free Member

Natalie Portman fans might be interested to compare notes with the Grauniad’s list of 20 best NP films

15. Léon (1994)
    8. Jane Got a Gun (2016)

Nope, I’m out. Should have known better than reading anything about movies in The Guardian, they always seem to employ the worst reviewers going.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Leon….’ is closed to new replies.