• This topic has 19 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Pook.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Lemon Jelly ( music) rediscovered music
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Rediscovered…

Lost horizons fantastic album with some great stuff on it.

What have you rediscovered?

lister

Bizarrely I rediscovered Lemonjelly recently!
    And Dodgy; which was a nice surprise. They weren’t as awful as I thought they were…

Riksbar

There are some really good Lemon Jelly DJ sets on the freddeak.in website as well.

eyestwice
    Free Member

Smashing Pumpkins for me…

thegreatape
    Free Member

‘64-‘95 is good, although different to the first two. But still good.

As for rediscovering – Freestylers, We Rock Hard and Pressure Point in particular.

binners

@unfitgeezer – Love Lemon Jelly! Just been playing KY again only last week and introducing my daughters to them.

I’ve got a big A0 silk screen print of the cover of KY, signed by both of them, on the wall at the top of our stairs. I love their artwork, which they drew up themselves. Fantastic design!

Went to see them live at the Academy and instead of a support band they gave out cards and we all sat and played bingo. It was ace!

@thegreatape
    – good call on Frestylers. We Rock Hard is an epic album!

binners

On the rediscovery front, Binnerette number one (aged 16) is presently obsessed with Fleetwood Mac so she bangs Rumours on when we get in the car. There are worse things to listen to.

metalheart
    Free Member

Stray Cats… 🐈
    Fugazi & Minor Threat.
    Muddhoney (well Superfuzz…)

blackmountainsrider
    Free Member

I have listened to lemon jelly for ages, I went to see them 3 times, once in birmingham, once in London, and once at a mini festival in Hampstead Heath. That was a great day out, on the sun drinking cheap magners. I think I’ll have to listen to them now.

Other than that, I’ve been listening to blur again recently, and enjoying that.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Old blues, a bit of Ella and Unkle (PsyenceFiction) this morning but the last few days have featured The Dead South and Larkin Poe.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Lost horizons fantastic album with some great stuff on it.

+1. Very of it’s time which was in retrospect a great time for me so it’s like a ramble down memory lane even though only recently heard them (R6 played Nice Weather for Ducks, which enhanced my kitchen disco in surprising directions… 🤣

Lately have been discovering

Squid

Which is a bit like rediscovering the year1977 (when I was too young to Television, Can, the Fall etc so in my mind it was all Abba and Slade)

locum76
    Free Member

Lovely at the time but they now sound dated to me.

MrOvershoot

Many years ago my step mother always asked anyone she had just met in a fairly posh voice “Oh what do you do” my wife and I would invariably say “In the bath” vey childish but we were 🙂

binners

My big KY Print. It’s very neon! I love it!

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2jdBeRy]Lemon Jelly[/url] by bin lid, on Flickr

I did have some framed postcards featuring the sleeve designs for Lost Horizons, but they seem to have gone missing during one house move or another

13thfloormonk

I always wanted the framed print of the Lost Horizons inset picture, too spendy for me in my student days 🙁

Just re-enjoying “Nothing to Say” by Kenisia which is bringing back a massive wave of nostalgia for the Scottish DH Racing scene from my Uni days (oh god, 19 years ago?!?! How did that happen??).

I can hear half those tunes without seeing images from Descent-World’s ‘True North’ video of people on Giant ATXs riding ridiculously muddy courses, very slowly.

Edit: this one

ell_tell
    Free Member

Two Pages by 4hero.

Been sat on my shelf for years. Great album.

myti
    Free Member

Massive attack, zero 7 and Portishead for me this lockdown. Lovely and took me back to uni days.

squirrelking
    Free Member

I honestly can’t remember if I’ve seen Lemon Jelly or not. I think I have but buggered if I know when, I thought it was in the Arches but that was Mr Scruff. Must have been a good gig.

Not so much rediscovered but found Mad Franks Zonal Disco by the Bus Station Loonies on ebay. All the Sprung 4 nostalgia!

kayak23

The Melvins.

Fugazi & Minor Threat.
    Muddhoney (well Superfuzz…)

Never undiscovered ❤

Pook

Cornelius. Whacked point on the other day.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Lemon Jelly ( music) rediscovered music’ is closed to new replies.