Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • LEJOG record attempt
  • Premier Icon eth3er
    Free Member

Ian To is attempting to break the current record of 44hours which has stood for 17years.

ht://gps.blackblox.si/login/ian?c=51.55577390000001:-1.7797176000000263:8

https://mobile.twitter.com/PLejog

Premier Icon steve_b77
    Free Member

What happened to the other guy who was meant to be doing it earlier this month?

Premier Icon martymac

well it looks like he has the perfect weather for it, good luck to him i say.

Premier Icon Klunk
    Free Member

why isn’t it letjog or le2jog ?

well it looks like he has the perfect weather for it, good luck to him i say.

not really though, could do with 20mph south westerly turning to a 25 mph southerly not a 6 mph north easterly !

Premier Icon dmck16
    Free Member

Crazy.

Correct me if I’m wrong – that must mean an average speed of around 20mph, sustained for the best part of two days? 😳

Premier Icon cloudnine
    Free Member

Why not wait for a more favourable wind for a serious record attempt?  Would probably make the difference over that much of a sustained effort…

Premier Icon eth3er
    Free Member

Not quite sure what happened to the Michael Broadwidth attempt his 2 week window attempt lapsed earlier this week.

Premier Icon eth3er
    Free Member

Not quite sure what happened to the Michael Broadwidth attempt, his 2 week window for the attempt opened on the 29th of April and lapsed earlier this week.

Premier Icon martymac

True, but nobody can accuse him of being wind assisted.

i meant it’s not raining 😂😂

Premier Icon dirtyrider
    Free Member

predicted northerlys for 10 days from Tuesday, i guess that was the deal breaker to go today

Premier Icon CraigW
    Free Member

The real record for cycling LEJOG is 41 hours.

Premier Icon crazy-legs

The real record for cycling LEJOG is 41 hours.

There are a whole load of records covering all sorts of different bikes. The one currently being attempted is “conventional bicycle”.

I still like the fast jet time, I’m just disappointed that the USAF never put an SR71 Blackbird to it as I reckon at normal cruising speed of about Mach 3, it’d take them 16 minutes! For a long time the F4 Phantom that held the record was the “gatekeeper” plane at RAF Leuchars, I think it got sold to a private collector a few years ago when Leuchars went from RAF to Army.

Premier Icon Poopscoop

Never knew it has been ridden that fast. Incredible!

Premier Icon andrewh
    Free Member

The there and back record is 5d23h if I remember right, also mighty impressive. Set off from LE, eating on the bike, first actual stop was near Warrington! Can’t remember his name

Premier Icon andrewh
    Free Member

5d21h, I was close.

This guy.    http://www.rockettrides.com/?page_id=1026

Premier Icon eth3er
    Free Member

I don’t know that he’ll make it, he’s about to go over the unkindest part of the whole ride between Kendal and Carlisle and he’s slowed down a bunch. Maybe it was night time and he’ll pick up in the daytime.

Premier Icon MrPottatoHead
    Free Member

He’s going for the return record too isn’t he if the first attempt goes well?  I’m sure I read that a while back but maybe his plans have changed.

Premier Icon leffeboy

Is he now not behind the time he needs?  Looking tough

Premier Icon eth3er
    Free Member

Yeah he needs to average 18.7mph to break the record, at his last check he was doing 18.5mph the stretch he’s just done is especially brutal. He’s been impressive though.

Premier Icon scotroutes

Hi everyone, yesterday Ian suffered with heatstroke. He also had a minor crash early on. He’s struggled with a bad stomach throughout the night and this morning we’ve decided, for his safety, to abandon the attempt. We choose to go out but we must come back. More to follow…

Premier Icon eth3er
    Free Member

Shame he’s had to abandon, sounds like he was suffering, heatstroke yesterday and a crash this morning. Hope he has another go when he’s able to.

Premier Icon eskay

That is a real shame, he must be gutted after all of the preparation required to make an attempt. So many things can go wrong in a ride like that.

Better luck next time hopefully.

Premier Icon eth3er
    Free Member

Yeah, there’s so much that needs to go right for such an attempt. I’m still impressed that he had a go. Don’t know the man but hope he has another go, it was fun following.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘LEJOG record attempt’ is closed to new replies.