Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Leisure Lakes Preston
  • neil853
    Free Member

Anyone else had continued poor customer service? both me and a mate of mine have had the same **it service. Are we alone?

rivirider
    Free Member

not alone there,been in a few times, but dont bother now.take your cash to somewhere else.

neil853
    Free Member

mad thing is i spent a fortune on a bike there (it was a good deal) and since then its just been hard work? and the work shop is useless!

BoardinBob

Nope but I walked out of Evans on Saturday as a result of their sh*t service shocker. Goods in hand, waiting at the till and the sheer ineptitude of the staff meant I dumped the goods and left.

neil853
    Free Member

evans in?

Lootenant
    Free Member

Yep, I’ve never been back after an incident years ago when they mashed up a freehub and then just gave me the broken bits back…

Now I can’t believe that I didn’t argue with them but I think I just wanted to get out of there..

I swore I’d never give them any more of my business – and that’s one of the few promises I’ve kept.

coffeeking
    Free Member

LL has always been expensive and not overly helpful, for as long as I can remember.

neil853
    Free Member

shame because its local to me and the shop and the stock it has is good? like i said…… shame.

all of this has just put me more and more onto mail order!

on a plus side though as i said on a post earlier, the bike shop at whinlater forest were awesome on sunday, shame they weren’t closer to me?!

Wiksey
    Free Member

If Preston LL is close by but you want to avoid them, then why not take your business to Merlin? (No connection to Merlin, just a very happy customer)

neil853
    Free Member

bought my hardtail from there a couple of years ago and have had good service so far, don’t know why as such just didn’t get a good vibe from there? haven’t been since they moved shops though. there work shop is good though! very happy with the work i had done

elaineanne
    Free Member

it must be ‘leisure lakes’ policy to provide a ‘not so good service’ to all areas then as ive been to them in another area and spent hundreds of pounds, and had a couple of bad doings with them ? i avoid them now too and buy online if i can…

neil853
    Free Member

amaazing that there still around then as it seems that everyone has boughht something from them, but has poor service and doesn’t return?! if i were a part of the LL management, i’d be worried!

D0NK

LL in Bury has always been OK with me, wide range of stock and helpful.

I’m not nominating them as shop of the year like cos there’s better (and cheaper) around, just wanted to even the balance a little.

BoardinBob

evans in?

Xscape at Braehead (Glasgow)

The till area is always an absolute tip and today was no exception. There’s one staff member who is actually pretty good (guy with long dreads) but he wasn’t there.

Picked up a set of grips and a couple of other bits and joined the queue for the tills. Two guys serving and 3 people in the queue. A few more staff members lounging about the shop doing nothing.

One guy on the till finishes serving someone and the woman at the front of the queue goes up to the till. Older woman, clearly not a cyclist, asks the guy for something but she obviously unsure of what she’s looking for. He tells her the item is on the 2nd floor so can she just go upstairs and have a look for it. he might be able to come up and help her but he’s busy. The woman walks away looking bewildered. At that point some guy just wanders up to the till, another member of staff appears and immediately asks him if he can help him with anything, completely ignoring the existing queue, and takes him off to show him something.

The guy who sent the woman upstairs, buggers off through the back, and meanwhile I overhear the guy on the other till, who’s checking the computer for somebody, tell the customer they don’t have it in stock in the shop…then silence. Not even an offer of ordering it in, checking warehouse stock etc.

Just crap service. Put the items back on the shelf and went to the local LBS, paid quite a bit more than Evans’ prices, but glad I did.

nickc

LL in Daventry has been staffed by the same group of guys for years now, always helpful, knowledgable, friendly.

Would go there more, but it’s a 50 mile round trip

scruff
    Free Member

I will chip in to say LLl in Wolverhampton have always given me great service and I would recommend them any day.

Harry_the_Spider

It depends who you get at Bury. I’ve not been for a while but there were a couple of older guys who are good. However the last couple of times I was served by somebody who gave the impression that I wasnít ìradî enough.

I take my broken bikes and disposable income to Cooksons now.

neil853
    Free Member

everyone has bad experiences with shops, its just i’ve had consistantly bad service on a number of occations, the only reason i’ve been back is to get the first free services done on my new bike, required as part of the manufacturer warranty.

and like i said at the begining, it isn’t just me but a mate of mine tried to but a fox helmet there at christmas and gave up as it was just proving too much hassel when mail order get it there the next day? now’s the time when shops should be striving for better service? 🙄

yoshimi

LL in Bury has always been OK with me, wide range of stock and helpful.

ditto

iDrew
    Free Member

LL in Cheltenham have always been OK with me

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Leisure Lakes Preston’ is closed to new replies.