Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Legoland Windsor……..talk to me
  • therealhoops
    Free Member

The onsite hotel is a tad expensive compared to the offsite deals. So, firstly, is Legoland any good for a 38, 37, 6 & 3 year old?? and is the onsite hotel worth the extra dosh??

thanks

paulosoxo
    Free Member

The onsite hotel is mint. Dead expensive though. Lego land is great for younger kids, mine loved it last year, six and two at the time, we’re going back again this summer. From the hotel you can get in to the park a bit earlier, they do little parties on the evening for the kids and there’s a very small pool and water play area. If you can get there outside of school hols, or avoid the weekends it’s noticeably quieter too.

bentandbroken

I went to the hotel just before it opened and I was excited (I am in my 40’s) 😳

Two years before that I took my 7 year old to the park and he loved it. As above try and go out of peak time to avoid the queues

Only negative I have heard is the problems they sometimes have with wasps. We saw lots of wasp traps and a few wasps, but not many.

ampthill

I think we stayed nearby for a fraction of the price. So can’t tell you if staying in is any good.

Great evening show. Good activities. Liking lego helps. Well worth getting in early. I think we did a roller coaster and the JCB diggers before the queues got to big.

Roller coaster and rides are relatively tame, which is good for younger kids

MoreCashThanDash

We usually use one of the travel lodges nearby. The hotel looks ace but we can’t stretch to it. Travel lodge in central Windsor for us at whitsun half term. Should be better than Heathrow terminal 5 last time

takisawa2

Book through the Lego website for a good deal. We had a night in a nice (chain) hotel just outside Windsor, breakfast & 2 days in the park for just over £110 for family of four. Ate at a Carvery just across the road.
    As a theme park it’s about perfect for your kids ages. I love Legoland. We’ve driven down for the day lots of times (from Staffs). Head for the Undersea ride or Laser Raiders rides first, as queues for these get very busy quickly. The fireworks display they did back in Nov was nothing short of amazing.

Don’t know anyone who has stayed at the hotel.
    None of my friends are rich enough. 🙂

patriotpro
    Free Member

When I priced it up for 2 nights, at the resort hotel, for a family of 4, it came back at over £900.

I’ve only just stopped laughing.

theotherjonv

Hotel was very expensive, and frankly not worth it. Stayed there last Thursday night, with the family and another family on a **** it all evening as the other family mum has terminal cancer. So difficult to complain really, but value was poor at £200-odd for a family of four. Add to that evening meals at £19 each adult and £10 each kids for a fairly average buffet and it was expensive. Plus we were on a discount rate anyway as we have merlin passes and hence didn’t need the park tickets as part of the hotel cost.

Park itself is great for younger kids. Thrills are few and far between for older kids and adults but for your two’s ages it’d be superb. Consider not paying for the Lego hotel and get a qbot instead to avoid standing in long queues. And plan to eat early or late ( or not at all, take a packed lunch) as space and service is an issue if you’re tied to eating between 12 and 1.30 or so.

nosedive
    Free Member

I would gladly pay what I paid again to have the whole visit wiped from my memory.

Cougar

I love Lego, and I’m 41 with no kids. Will I die enjoy it?

nosedive
    Free Member

No. You wont. Its shit. Take your £100 down the lego shop instead and get something good

Junkyard
    Free Member

take my kids and let me know as the lego one in manchester was shit but they loved it …ps they will let you play with their Star wars lego and show you their totem pole of heads !!

andywoods
    Free Member

last time i went we got a deal with the marriot hotel nearby, bed breakfast and park tickets around the £110 area for family of 4.my kids loved it been twice

matt_outandabout

The onsite hotel is a tad expensive compared to the offsite deals. So, firstly, is Legoland any good for a 38, 37, 6 & 3 year old?? and is the onsite hotel worth the extra dosh??

Yes it is good.
    Travel lodge in Slough was packed with loads of families when we went…and was ‘free’ on Tesco vouchers. WIN.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/matt_outandabout/sets/72157604638483720/with/2428801190/

lodious
    Free Member

We stayed at the Runnymead (?)…Nice hotel and the best part of the weekend.

Legoland was a wasp infested queue which I hated.

Markie
    Free Member

Great for a 3 and a 6 year old!

cchris2lou

we stayed at the crowne plazza in heathrow , a bit of a drive but price for a familly of 5 was £140 for 2 days entry in the park and one night half board .

TiRed

We lived in the road next door. It’s great for younger kids and pre-teens. The hotel was being built when we lived there. It is bound to be expensive and there are plenty of options around Windsor, Slough and Heathrow. Marriott in Langley might be a suggestion. The Hilton Terminal 5 is brand new.

Arrive early, walk right down to the Dragon ride and work your way back up. Expect a long queue to get out of the car park – it used to block our road every evening for about six months!

If you are an adult, you can get multiple rides on the pirate swing, as they need an adult on each end of the benches. I think six in a row was my record 😀 .

ianv
    Free Member

Even my Lego loving son thought it was crap, and that was with smallish queues. If you go, expect to be gouged at every opportunity.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Bloody hell, there’s some reet miserable buggers on here. 🙂

sparkyspice
    Free Member

When I went, I was advised (by someone with more money than sense), to purchase the “Q-Bot” queue jumping thingy. For £70 pp, (yes an extra £280 for a family of four!!!) it allows you to go down a VIP lane straight to the front of every queue.
    I thought they were mental, but when we arrived half an hour before the gates opened and the car park was already filling up, we thought about getting it. I’m not one for queuing at the best of times and the idea of 45 minutes in a queue for a 2 minute ride filled me with dread. Whilst I know how to keep my children occupied, games/cards/books/food etc, but I still didn’t fancy the queues… So….. We paid the money.
    One the day we went, it was rammed and therefore it was worth every penny. Most rides were at least 45 minutes wait, some like the underwater thingy (Atlantis ?) were longer… We just strolled up and got on. One ride we did four times and the look on one particular woman’s face as we kept going back for more as she slowly crept around the snaking queue was priceless – I’m sure she’d have knifed me if she could have! The reality was that she had the opportunity to do the same, but she chose to stand shuffling along in queues for 90% of her day and keep the £280 in her pocket.
    After the day was over, we worked out that we did loads more rides per £ we spent, which was the point of going there, so it was worth it on the busy day that we attended. If its not so busy, it might be a waste of money, but worth bearing in mind. Personally, I’d rather stay in a cheap/budget hotel and save my money for the day itself.
    Have fun!

eskay

We have been about 4 or 5 times (kids too old now). Always had a great time there. We used to book the two day pass with overnight hotel (not the onsite hotel) and it was always good value.

martinhutch

Good for kids that age – plenty of smaller rides, not so many big ones.

I wouldn’t go in the summer holiday period though. And I’d probably stay in one of the chain hotels near the M4, I think there’s a couple of decent ones on the Slough side. Take sandwiches in, food costs a bloody fortune.

MoreCashThanDash

Definitely agree you get better value for money spending it on the Qbot rather than the hotel. We are down there 2 days next half term, will have the Qbot for one of those days

freeagent
    Free Member

We’ve been a few times (kids are 6 and 2) it is perfect for that age group.
    My biggest complaint was getting out of the carpark – we queed for ages.

globalti
    Free Member

It’s pretty good as UK attractions go; clean, well managed and good fun.

stumpy01

My OH and I went a few years ago with my Brother, his wife & two kids.

I love Lego, but thought that for the money it was a real rip-off. I think my Brother had bought a season pass as they only live 20 mins down the road, but I had to pay £73 for me and my OH to get in.

While we were there, everything seemed really expensive. I know it normally is at these places and I don’t mind paying if it’s half decent, but a pretty dire lunch cost us a lot of money.

I seem to remember walking round all day thinking ‘is this it?’….
    It seemed like we hadn’t turned the map over and there were masses of ‘good bits’ to be found that we had somehow missed. But, nope we saw it all. Was v. disappointed with the whole thing.

Sorry to be a party pooper, but just my experience of the place.

pplum
    Free Member

We used Tesco clubcard vouchers to buy annual passes, £28 in vouchers per pass. We live close enough that we can pop down there a few times a year. This way we aren’t bothered about having to queue and we take a pack lunch to keep the cost down.

Our kids are 7 and 4 and love it.

If we could afford it we would stay a night in the Lego Hotel, just for the experiance, but I am a big lego fan. We were down there last Sunday for the Star Wars weekend. Never seen so many dads in Star Wars T-shirts.

mogrim

Went a few years back with my (then 9 and 5yr old) daughters, they enjoyed it. I thought it was pretty meh, OK but nothing special. One day was more than enough, although I’m sure they would have been happy to repeat it the next day if I’d given them the chance.

Don’t particularly remember the wasps being a problem, do remember the queues were pretty long though. Can’t remember the price of the food, either, but I suspect it wasn’t cheap.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve stayed in the Bracknell Hilton loads and loads, and it’s frequently full of families on Legoland deals.

Details here

vickypea
    Free Member

My son (he’s just turned 8 years old) loved it last year. I think the lego models are really impressive, but the whole place is very expensive. The Qbots cost a lot of money, and the food in the cafes is really crap and expensive- I’d recommend you take your own picnic.
    My son enjoyed the rides, but they are almost all aimed at young kiddies rather than teenahers or adults (so they’re not exactly rides ‘for all the family’). The maze is quite good.

jkomo

It’s terrible.
    Drayton Manor loads better if they like Thomas the Tank Engine.
    Honestly, expensive, rubbish rides, and the queues were terrible, I even took them on an inset day.
    We waited 1hr 30 for a five minute ride. Dreadful.
    My kids were expecting more stuff made of Lego.
    It really is Shiite.
    Sorry

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Legoland Windsor……..talk to me’ is closed to new replies.