• This topic has 1,777 replies, 225 voices, and was last updated 2 days ago by Kuco.
Viewing 40 posts - 1,401 through 1,440 (of 1,778 total)
  • Lego WANT of the Day
  • beamers

Lego Masters Australia – we’ve been watching this on catch up on All4

Some phenomenal builds on there and the programme hosts are quite entertaining as well.

Linky (Start with Season 1 episode 1 and work your way through if you’ve not watched any yet)

sweaman2
    Free Member

Sweajnr (8) and I have just finished the 6 wheeled ATV. It’s very intricate for the piece count and was a lot of fun to build. Well recommended.

Now impatiently waiting on the back ordered tow truck….

scuttler
    stumpyjon

This is my birthday want.

landspeeder

northernmatt

I really like the look of that. But then there’s quite a lot of the UCS Star Wars sets I wouldn’t mind having. To be honest I’d only buy it because I really want the VIP Mandalorian key ring.

Daffy

I didn’t expect to like the Landspeeder, but now, having seen it, I am tempted.

walowiz

Apologies if been posted already but couldn’t see it, saw this on one of the gadget blogs and thought could be some interesting stuff in there, but for once nothing grabs me (good thing as bills to pay)

More special Lego kits

tomhoward

Just finished the Merc Zertros trial truck and the CAT D11. Both really good builds actually and the merc is remarkably good fun round my garden, with coarse gravel and railway sleepers to play with. D11 completes the TH mining operation, joining the Volvo tipper and liebherr digger 😊

Northwind

I love the observatory, not going to buy it though, too rich for my money! Kind of regret not getting the aquarium though

Northwind

I didn’t see this in person but this was at the Edinbrick show, now I want one

View post on imgur.com

Danny has a pirate’s pegleg

bigdaddy

@tomhoward I recently got the Merc Zetros truck – really like it, and have now converted it into this Jeep…

Lego Jeep

Lego Jeep

tomhoward

Nice!

bigdaddy

It’s still pretty capable off road and a smidge (only a smidge!) faster than the truck. Instructions on rebrickable if you’re interested

Rich_s

Oh my.
    https://ideas.lego.com/projects/49ee14c1-7579-48bc-a8c2-ebb3fe98add2

Lovely overhead, shame about the face.

sr71

Harry_the_Spider

Houns

Ooh that SR-71

mogrim

Not sure about that SR71, could be a very dull build.

tomhoward

The big Ferrari SP3 (same scale as the Lambo, Porsche and Bugatti) just went to the top of my want list.

bigdaddy

It’s top of mine too @tomhoward ! I have all the others so I need to complete the collection again! Best get saving… 😬😂. Shame it’s one of the ugliest Ferraris in a long time though!

ChrisL

I got this kit yesterday, it’s nothing outstanding but my nostalgia for the original Lego Space kits means that a nice spaceship like this is hard to pass up.

XL-15 Spaceship

https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/xl-15-spaceship-76832

tomhoward

@bigdaddy same here! Agree on its rather challenging looks, fingers crossed some clever soul will redesign into something a little more classic!

FB-ATB

@stumpy

This is my birthday want.

Thought you’d have enough bricks to make a full sized replica.

stumpyjon

It doesn’t seem to matter how many bricks you have you never have enough of the right element in the right colour.

rockhopper70

That Ferrari looks ok, I’m not massive blown away by it. We have the original generic supercar technic which was a great build, the Mercedes’ Arocs with all the pneumatics which was a bit of a challenge, and the GT3 ( orange one) which was good, but felt a bit pointless as all the nerdy gubbins was then covered over?

As yet unopened, and the lad is drifting away from these sets, is the technic Bugatti, still in the brown Lego box we got on an Argos clearout for £189. Tempted, but might just hang on for a bit.

Cougar

I kinda… don’t like that Ferrari? Looks like it might be interesting internally but it’s a pretty ugly model.

The Lightyear spaceship I can get behind though, I thought that was cool before I realised it was from a TV show.

Daffy

It’s about time! LEGO + Transformers!

Tallpaul
    Free Member

Is that LEGO Optimus Prime going to be on general sale? Not sure what ‘exclusive’ means – will it only be available direct from LEGO? If so, what’s the chances of bagging one? Aside from having a LEGO account, is there anything else I need to do order one tomorrow?

Sorry, lots of questions (can you tell I’m slightly excited?!)

tomhoward

Normally means you can only get it from Lego to begin with. Wouldn’t have thought it’ll be a problem to get one, but you might be on back order if you don’t get the first batch.

Daffy

It doesn’t have knees… 🙁

Tallpaul
    Free Member

Cool, thank you

Merak

I have the BMW GS Techinc build if anyone fancied it. £45 posted 👌

Northwind

Daffy

It doesn’t have knees… 🙁

Neither did the original toy I think? It’s not quite a direct recreation- it’s got some stuff that’s better tbh

zilog6128

Is that LEGO Optimus Prime going to be on general sale? Not sure what ‘exclusive’ means – will it only be available direct from LEGO? If so, what’s the chances of bagging one?

Normally means just from Lego website/shops. Occasionally an exclusive is shared with a particular retailer e.g. JL or Symths. It doesn’t usually mean limited quantities.

Unfortunately the Lego website runs on 2 Sinclair Spectrums taped together… normally it’s not too bad unless there’s a limited quantity free gift offer (in which case, expect to not be able to log on until they’re all gone 😃)

Neither did the original toy I think? It’s not quite a direct recreation- it’s got some stuff that’s better tbh

based on the Masterpiece toy/collectible rather than the classic 80s one, probably

spacemonkey

Am in two minds about that Ferrari. It’s nice but I reckon another model would have been better. Not for me at £350.

Never really was a Transformers fan. Lots of friends were and I had a version of OP. I think the Lego rendition is a solid build, but doesn’t do anything for me.

The Delorean arrived a few days ago and is tucked away for a rainy day. Also picked up the NASA shuttle 1/2 priced BNIB.

PSA Defender back on offer for £95 at Amazon. I’ve been wanting to buy it sub-£100 at JL and other places but not seen any deals for months, hence nabbing this one before it disappears again.

Jnr is again obsessed with clone trooper MOCs, so we’re snapping up 501st figures and a few battle packs. I’m currently building him a display area so hopefully we’ll have something to show for it soon.

v7fmp

i am mildly excited by the addition of some new trains & station…

https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/train-station-60335

https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/freight-train-60336

My 5 year old is just getting into Lego and i get the benefit of playing with the trains as she builds various ‘buildings’. Good wholesome family fun!

tomhoward

Did you get one @tallpaul?

Still showing as available to buy for me?

shedbrewed
    Free Member

George at Asda have the Land Rover and Ferrari kits at £96. https://direct.asda.com/george/toys-character/lego/D30M2G1C2,default,sc.html

zilog6128

Still showing as available to buy for me?

yeah with no exclusive GWP they were never going to sell out. A few years ago I’d’ve been all over this as I love Lego & Transformers! Trying to show restraint these days though (mainly cos of the amount of unbuilt stuff I’ve got already) No need to instabuy this @ RRP unless you simply must have it – it will be discounted in due course (or they’ll be a better Lego store offer)

Viewing 40 posts - 1,401 through 1,440 (of 1,778 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.