• This topic has 1,777 replies, 225 voices, and was last updated 1 day ago by Kuco.
Viewing 40 posts - 961 through 1,000 (of 1,778 total)
  • Lego WANT of the Day
  • Northwind

Some chinese moc stuff… First I ordered this- really like the little buildmoc kits, they’re cheap and cheerful and i have about 50 in my wishlist and… eh, not even sure which ones are still in jffy bags waiting to be built, for sure a little BTTF delorean and a battlestar galactica.

https://sc01.alicdn.com/kf/Hb8a528045fbe48ff88ea69c183405ea9y.jpg_640x640.jpgLittle

But that planted a seed so this just arrived:

https://lepinworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/2020-New-Black-Interceptor-RC-Muscle-Car-Supercar-MOC-35846-Technic-Model-blocks-Building-Blocks-Bricks-2.jpgBig

(as ever, people have opinions about knockoffs but I’d have bought these from lego, if they existed)

northernmatt

The thing with those Lepin knockoff MOCs is that someone somewhere has put a huge amount of time and effort into creating that design only for Lepin to come along and rip it off without so much as a thank you.

If you want to build it in Lego buy the instructions off the designer and buy the parts off Bricklink. Even if you just bought the instructions then get the Lepin kit at least the money goes back to the person that put in the effort in the first place not some shady Chinese business.

Northwind

northernmatt
    Free Member

If you want to build it in Lego buy the instructions off the designer and buy the parts off Bricklink.

I tried that, and it was ridiculously expensive. I’m sure it can work if you already have a lot of the parts or can work around scarce parts, but doing it from scratch wasn’t viable at all.

What I have done, is contacted people selling the designs though a couple of times. Most didn’t answer. One dude actually had an agreement with buildmoc for his designs. Another did not have any agreement but was still happy that they were being made. One guy happily admitted he didn’t design it at all and was just reselling it too, and I don’t think there’s any real way to avoid that if you go the “buy the design” route? The results were so variable that I just moved on from that.

But I was happy to buy the design of my little warhammer dreadnought and to use the chinese kit just for the parts, because it’s so cool.

Harry_the_Spider

Oooops. Wandered down the wrong aisle in Tesco.

twonks

Hers and his Lego 😀

bullandbladder
    Free Member

Free Speed Champions McLaren on the cover of this months’ Top Gear mag (only in Tesco and Sainsbury’s).
    https://www.topgear.com/car-news/electric/special-offer-free-lego-mclaren-elva-new-top-gear-magazine

jamj1974

Finished my shuttle build on Saturday, and I really like it. Goes together very nicely, some great features and looks brilliant. Also given me some great techniques to use on my own builds. Sits proudly with my Saturn V and Eagle Lunar Module. Not sure if the ISS would work with it…?

I would really love to see more in this area/theme – Vostok and Soyuz would be amazing, as they have a hugely different appearance to NASA’s craft.

Cougar

Which would you say was your favourite of the three? Most satisfying build etc?

jamj1974

Probably the shuttle… I really enjoyed the Eagle Lunar Module though too.

sirromj

I saw this lego based maths question on another forum:

you are collecting Lego mini figures. There are 12 unique figures to collect. They come in sealed mystery bags of 1, and let’s say there is an equal probability of any of them being in that bag.

what is the probability of getting a full set of 12 unique figures if you buy 20 bags.

Hoping the Venn diagram of lego/stw/mathematician is full overlap!

grahamt1980

I have found the easy way to get the lego figure you want is to ask the lego shop staff as they can tell them by feel

Cougar

Might be of interest, just popped up on my faceache feed:

https://lelightgo.com/collections/new-arrivals-1/products/light-kit-for-10283

Cougar

Daffy

If anyone might be interested, I’m about to list my UCS Millennium Falcon for sale.

Freester

It was my lad’s 10th birthday on Sat. He’s been lusting over the Mandalorian Razer Crest for over a year. I think one got released, then ended and were going for stupid money on Ebay/ Amazon etc, then a new one got released recently.

Not cheap. And it’s gotta be said I found it hard to justify that sort of expense on Lego. But the whole family chipped in.

He’s built it and loves it. It seems really neat. Lots of little details, cubby holes, features. And a Grogu mini figure. Pics later…

Northwind

I think I need that airwolf.

Cougar

CoolAF isn’t it. I think I’d want same-scale Blue Thunder as the other bookend.

jamj1974

I think I need that airwolf.

Yep!

CoolAF isn’t it. I think I’d want same-scale Blue Thunder as the other bookend.

Yep again!

jamj1974

Might be of interest, just popped up on my faceache feed:

That’s very cool!

weeksy
    peterno51

That’s proper Star Wars / Lego, niche that is.

creakingdoor
    Free Member

That Cantina set will undoubtedly prove popular, but it’s not for me.
    I’m out…

stumpyjon

The Cantina has been around for a while, quite like it but not in the want list, prefer the vehicles and ships. Just finishing my train from Solo but got to knock two inches off the length, space on the shelf is only 47 inches.

I keep watching the Liebherr on Smith’s toys go up and down, at £275 @ the moment, rrp is £399. Also watching a 10 Kg bag of Lego on Ebay, starting bid is £100, it’s in it’s 3rd realist, £10 per Kg is pretty good for lego just wondering whether to put in a cheeky offee.

zilog6128

I keep watching the Liebherr on Smith’s toys go up and down

was £257 last month on Zavvi, cheapest ever was just before Christmas £228 at CostCo! Almost bit at that price but, after spending ages building in, what are you actually gonna do with it 🤣. But then I have no real interest in Technic these days.

The Cantina set is amazing, but a real odd one from Lego IMO. It’s a playset not a display set, even as much as I love Lego I’m not going to sit there recreating scenes from ANH 😂 Still I’m sure there are a few lucky kids who’ve been bought it.

40mpg

Just finished the x-wing to go with my star wars collection. Not the most exciting build (bit repetitive on wings) but looks great. Opening wings action is nice.

Just need to sort out a display. And decide what’s next – any suggestions?

turboferret

DHL have just delivered 🙂

Look forward to building it into something fun

stumpyjon

Gunship
    Gonna need a bigger shelf, 74cm wing to wing.

spacemonkey

Hmm, £330 for that gunship is a lot of moolah. It’s big but it sure looks rather dull IMO. Reckon it’ll look better in the flesh.

holdsteady

I collect classic Space Lego from when I was a kid in late 1970s/early 1980s, my kids like Harry Potter and Star Wars lego and it’s not often I see many new lego releases that I really want for myself until I saw the Seinfeld Lego, hopefully they will sell the minifigures separately.

https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/seinfeld-21328?ef_id=EAIaIQobChMIov-m4Y758QIVj77tCh0j6gGeEAAYASAAEgLWe_D_BwE:G:s&s_kwcid=AL!933!3!534674155678!p!!g!!lego%20seinfeld&cmp=KAC-INI-GOOGEU-GO-GB-EN-RE-PS-BUY-CREATE-IDEAS-SHOP-BP-BM-RN-SEINFELD

Kryton57

Well, I always wanted a Porsche, but Jnr got their before me with a 911 collectors edition:

He gets “achievement” points at school, with 200 resulting in a golden tie. Of an entire Secondary there’s about 5 per school year (180 kids per year group). Anyway he got 196 so actually a miss. But, he got a glowing school report and an honours badge in music, so we decided on what has obviously been a tricky year 7 to reward him with the Porsche anyway.

Floor pan is done, I’ll post a pic once he’s finished.

Cougar

Well, if this doesn’t just scream STW then I’ve got nothing.

https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/volkswagen-t2-camper-van-10279

beamers

Well, if this doesn’t just scream STW then I’ve got nothing.

https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/volkswagen-t2-camper-van-10279

That looks fantastic!

stumpyjon

Does look quite good in the flesh, saw it when in went in on Sunday to buy the LAAT.

labsey
    Free Member

The LAAT is amazing, just don’t have the shelf space for it.

stumpyjon

Yeah I am wondering where it’s going to go.

Daffy

Sadly the Gunship does nothing for me. In many respects it reminds me of the Star Destroyer…too symmetrical, full of thin plates, too big to really keep anywhere.

bigblackshed

That T2 is in the bag. It’ll go nicely next to my T1.

Northwind

Is it just me or is that Bay just not good? I mean, fair enough, it’s a hard shape to do with lego but they just seem to have gone “it’s impossible to do the curves right so we’ll just half-ass everything”. Why are the a-pillars vertical? Why are the lights and spare tyre so low down? (it looks almost like they designed the front then had to add an extra row of bricks above it). And the forehead!

I really like the functionality and the rear’s pretty good but it’s basically not got any of the iconic shape that makes a bay.

It does on the other hand look like the entire cast of Bob’s Burgers.

Cougar

One thousand?

Viewing 40 posts - 961 through 1,000 (of 1,778 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.