• This topic has 1,765 replies, 225 voices, and was last updated 4 days ago by Rich_s.
Viewing 40 posts - 601 through 640 (of 1,766 total)
  • Lego WANT of the Day
  • Rich_s

Anyone interested in doing some swappage?

Last year I swapped a Caterham for Merak’s Saturn V. It took me most of the year to persuade #1 son to build it with me and he loved it and has asked for more.

Would anyone be interested in swapping a Lunar Lander 10266 for the Saturn V? Or maybe something like the Defender?

Or WHY?

edd

I’m selling my Lego Technic 42043 – Mercedes-Benz Arocs 3245 on eBay if anyone is interested. Absolutely mint, assembled once by an adult (me). Now disassembled, complete with unused stickers, instructions, box etc.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184537533227

davosaurusrex

@Rich_s I have a complete boxed Technic Volvo excavator 42053 if that’s of interest? Been meaning to ebay it but only to make room for something else

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Rich_s

@davosaurusrex
    Thanks – I’ll speak to him when he’s back from school and see if he’s up for it. He had mentioned space but I do like the look of the Ovlov.

davosaurusrex

Cool, let me know. Just remembered it has the motor kit with it which operates the boom and lights, brings the RRPs pretty close together as well I think

slackboy

if you were ever going to get the UCS millenium falcon – now is time 15% off at john lewis

https://www.johnlewis.com/lego-star-wars-75192-ultimate-collector-series-millennium-falcon/p3410616

zilog6128

@slackboy that’s not the cheapest it’s been lately though, was £520 @ JL when they were running their Lego promotion in Sept. It’s been offer loads recently too… I wonder how many have been bought & stashed away as “investments”? Surely too many to actually make it worthwhile? Would love to build it but it’s just too big (and expensive even when on offer! 🤣)

zilog6128

@creakingdoor most of those look a bit meh as it’s just a big model unimaginatively displayed but there are a couple where it’s been built into a coffee table and also a diorama (hanger scene etc) surround by Stormtrooper minifigs… now they look really cool… 🤔

creakingdoor
    Free Member

@zilog6128
    I’d want to display it and put some Star Trek mini-figures in there, just to piss off the Universe!
    But I won’t, because I can’t afford a divorce, or the MF come to that!

Rich_s

@davosaurusrex

He says you’ve got a deal. I’ll PM you…

Riksbar

rockhopper70

Credit to HUKD, but ASDA have the Bugatti Technic for £200……no, don’t want it…..must…be….strong…..

Northwind

The Trump one is beautifully observed, right down to the ridiculously long tie. The big complex mocs are amazing but I reckon the small, really constrained ones are more impressive

rockhopper70
    Free Member

Credit to HUKD, but ASDA have the Bugatti Technic for £200……no, don’t want it…..must…be….strong…..

For 42083, the Chiron? Same on amazon btw

scuttler

Giuliani is specifically the ‘Four Seasons’ event

bigdaddy

Love that Trump figure!

GeForceJunky

Over lockdown I’ve built the Falcon and Star Destroyer … I’m now struggling to hang them! Wow they are big and heavy.

stumpyjon

The Falcon has a habit of exploding if not handled carefully and needing a full rebuild. I built a 5ft star destroyer at Christmas but couldn’t lift it when complete.

Cougar

Original source of the Trump figure:

pdw
    Free Member

@stumpyjon, what are the boxes you’re using for storage?

Visited my mum a few weeks ago, and rescued my Lego collection from the attic. Rebuilt my beloved 8865 and was amazed by just how much easier it is to build if you sort the parts first!

edd

Rebuilt my beloved 8865

I had one of those, regret selling it to my mate.

reluctantjumper

That Trump figure is genius, so many details in such a simple figure!

The logo, the pot belly, the droopy chin, the hunchback, the overly long time and even the small hands! Bravo 👏

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Don’t forget the wall.

stumpyjon

pdw combination of these

Screwfix
    https://www.screwfix.com/p/compartment-organiser-16-x-13/7260p
    and

box
    https://www.screwfix.com/p/turbo-ii-expert-storage-case/6532h

The key thing is the compartments lift out, much easier to find pieces, tip them out, rummage put them away. The organisers with the fixed dividers area pain.

For big stuff I use the Really Useful Boxes, good secure lid.

pdw
    Free Member

Thanks. I’ve got Really Useful Boxes for other stuff, but none of their dividers/trays looked great for Lego.

GeForceJunky

The Star Destroyer is very um, grey! I think it should be ok to hang as it has a reasonable center chassis. The Falcon does just fall apart even if you look at it slightly funnily.

Falcon

Star Wars

Star Wars 2

mogrim

*Whispers quietly* Most of my ‘Lego’ is Chinese knock-off.

*Whispers quietly in return* any particular brand you’d recommend?

Harry_the_Spider

Slight tangent, but tonight it is our Scout Troop’s Lego speed build competition, but I thought that some of you lot may fancy a go too.

Rules:
    1. You can only use 1 mini figure and 20 4×2 bricks.
    2. You cannot counterweight them or prop them up with anything else.
    3. You have three minutes for each round.

Round 1) How high can you get your mini figure off the table?
    Round 2) How wide can you make a bridge with your mini figure on it?
    Round 3) How far can you cantilever your mini figure off the side of the table?
    For added jeopardy, if your figure falls off you have failed!

Go!

peterno51

*Whispers quietly* Most of my ‘Lego’ is Chinese knock-off.

*Whispers quietly in return* any particular brand you’d recommend?

My friend, *sorry, my friend is also interested*

Harry_the_Spider

I too have a “friend” who is interested.

GeForceJunky

I will have a look at what ‘brands’ they are when I get home. I generally just buy whatever is cheapest of the model I want on aliexpress. It’s always worth searching for both the Lego part number and ‘Lepin’ part numbers. Some are direct copies, other are available in slightly different versions. Star Plan and Mould King both ring a bell. There are occasionally missing/poorly made pieces, but so far its always been small bits I’ve already had spares of.

The only Chinese model I haven’t been impressed with was the Bugatti Chrion, as the body panels were a mix of slight different shades.

Harry_the_Spider

My friend was looking at this.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001264811440.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.25ce3c00qbolMr&mp=1

Delivered for £31.

What should I he expect? Will there be printed instructions etc…?

plus-one

I’ve got around 6 Chinese lego knock offs. All been absolutely fine 🙂

I bought the genuine lego sian and couldn’t believe the colour differences in the green bits 🙁

Harry_the_Spider

Ahhh sod it.

Just bought the car.

Let’s see what turns up. Will be flogging it for half what I paid once I’m done as I have nowhere to put it!

peterno51

Hmm, my friends whisper posts seem to have been removed.

Anyhoo..

I bought the genuine lego sian and couldn’t believe the colour differences in the green bits 🙁

I read this and saw the pictures and was amazed that they hadn’t been recalled. Lego have a big play about the quality control but that seemed to be a major screwup. It certainly put me right off getting one, especially given the cost.

FB-ATB

Cheers Harry- that’s another of our Scout Zoom sessions planned!

mogrim

Just bought the car.

I built a not-Lego-technic-but-is-really car, wasn’t even a fake as it was a 100% new design. It wasn’t quite up to Lego standards as the instructions had a couple of errors I can’t imagine getting past Lego QC, but otherwise it was fine and the blocks were of a perfectly acceptable condition. Might have to get another one 🙂

Cougar

<mod>
    We’ve just had a discussion around the legality of not-Lego Lego as it is something of a grey area. The line in the sand we’re going to draw here is this:

Selling Legoish building blocks is clearly fine, you can buy Mega Blocks in Tesco. Lego’s patent / copyright on the brick system expired in the 80s.

Selling fake Lego under the pretence that it’s actually real Lego is counterfeiting, clearly illegal and verboten as a topic of conversation on the forum.

The middle ground where the likes of Lele are making direct copies of existing Lego sets is less clear. But Lego can and do go after companies to protect their IP and we don’t want to be having to spend the next six months splitting hairs trying to adjudicate what is and isn’t fair game, that’s the job of expensive lawyers. Plus there’s nothing to stop anyone from downloading model instructions directly from Lego for free and building them using their existing collection, which further muddies things.

TD;DR – copies fine, counterfeit bad.
    </mod>

Cougar

And in answer to the earlier question, this is an amusing read.

https://uploads.brickset.com/docs/clonebrands_v1.8.pdf

(See https://brickset.com/news?query=communist for previous versions.)

zilog6128

The middle ground where the likes of Lele are making direct copies of existing Lego sets is less clear.

nah it’s not a grey area at all. It’s ripping someone off. Hopefully no-one who happily buys any of these sets ever posts a thread to have a moan if their bike gets stolen! 😉

Plus there’s nothing to stop anyone from downloading model instructions directly from Lego for free and building them using their existing collection, which further muddies things.

it muddies nothing – they actively encourage it like you say. (They even bought out the fan-created site Bricklink a while back which is the main marketplace for 2nd hand bricks – there is a tool which you can use to build a model in CAD, and it will automagically put together a list of sellers where you can buy all the 2nd hand bricks to build it). They just want you to do it with actual Lego. 😃

Viewing 40 posts - 601 through 640 (of 1,766 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New deal added to Members Discounts