Viewing 16 posts - 561 through 576 (of 576 total)
  • Lego WANT of the Day
  • Premier Icon Cougar

The article there says that Lego are considering swapping plastic bags for recyclable paper ones following letters from children.

Seems a bit crap if you ever want to repackage a model. I miss the days when sets – bigger ones at least – came with moulded inlays to compartmentalise everything.

Premier Icon scuttler

IKEA zip lock bags FTW. Useful for sandwiches, wet weather gadget protection, freezer storage, packet ham.

Premier Icon zilog6128

Seems a bit crap if you ever want to repackage a model.

for smaller sets you can just tip it all back in the box so not an issue. I’ve got at least one old Technic set where instead of bags it has smaller thin cardboard boxes that fit together neatly inside the main box – might be a decent compromise!

As for the original comment – don’t think it’s Virtue Signalling (mainly because they are actually doing something!) They have been investing/researching plant-based replacements for ABS for years. I have a promotional set of lego flora which is all plant-based plastic (wouldn’t work for normal Lego bricks as it’s quite a bit softer) and the long-term goal is for all bricks to be made sustainably, once they figure out how!

Premier Icon stumpyjon

The plastic bags are useless heat sealed things, very much single use and can lead to serious Lego explosions and lost pieces if not opened carefully.

I think their research is long term and commercially driven as well, it’s not proving easy to replace the current materials, proper Lego is highly engineered to precise tolerances, material characteristics are vital for it to work properly, many times over.

Anyway who puts it back in the box, doesn’t everyone have a wall of Lego to keep their spare bits in?

Premier Icon craig_w
    Free Member

Surprised no one has mentioned this:

https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/mos-eisley-cantina-75290

on sale today for VIP members

Premier Icon zilog6128

@Craig_w it’s cool but basically a giant playset, not really a display piece (not that I’ve got a problem with that 😂) In contrast IMO the new HP Diagon Alley set looks really interesting even though I have zero interest in Harry Potter – with a few changes could be a normal street from an historic town/city

Premier Icon Daffy

It’s a nice set, but I’m not that into the Master Builder Series. I prefer the UCS sets…mostly. Not overly enamored with the a-wing.

Premier Icon beamers

DV was getting a hard time at the Moon Base this weekend.

Premier Icon Cougar

at the Moon Base

The Beta 1 Command Base, I think you’ll find.

Premier Icon LAT

I’d forgotten about the moonscape base plates.

Premier Icon stumpyjon

I like the A wing, it’s a clever build and I think the end result is pretty good. I like the Cantina but it is a great play set rather display set.

Premier Icon spacemonkey
    Free Member

Surprised no one has mentioned this:

https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/mos-eisley-cantina-75290

on sale today for VIP members

Very cool indeed and meets the 10p/piece marker. But at £320 it is insanely overpriced IMO.

Premier Icon spacemonkey
    Free Member

DV was getting a hard time at the Moon Base this weekend.

Early 80s space sets provided most of my creativity I reckon. I loved those kits and spent sooooo much time making stuff.

Premier Icon zilog6128

meets the 10p/piece marker. But at £320 it is insanely overpriced IMO.

that makes **** all sense

Premier Icon tomhoward

Costco are doing the technic Lambo for £260 delivered (RRP £350) at the mo, which is as cheap as I’ve seen it.

Premier Icon peterno51

Does anyone know if the colour matching on that there Lambo is sorted out yet

Viewing 16 posts - 561 through 576 (of 576 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.