Viewing 40 posts - 561 through 600 (of 1,774 total)
  • Lego WANT of the Day
  • Cougar

The article there says that Lego are considering swapping plastic bags for recyclable paper ones following letters from children.

Seems a bit crap if you ever want to repackage a model. I miss the days when sets – bigger ones at least – came with moulded inlays to compartmentalise everything.

scuttler

IKEA zip lock bags FTW. Useful for sandwiches, wet weather gadget protection, freezer storage, packet ham.

zilog6128

Seems a bit crap if you ever want to repackage a model.

for smaller sets you can just tip it all back in the box so not an issue. I’ve got at least one old Technic set where instead of bags it has smaller thin cardboard boxes that fit together neatly inside the main box – might be a decent compromise!

As for the original comment – don’t think it’s Virtue Signalling (mainly because they are actually doing something!) They have been investing/researching plant-based replacements for ABS for years. I have a promotional set of lego flora which is all plant-based plastic (wouldn’t work for normal Lego bricks as it’s quite a bit softer) and the long-term goal is for all bricks to be made sustainably, once they figure out how!

stumpyjon

The plastic bags are useless heat sealed things, very much single use and can lead to serious Lego explosions and lost pieces if not opened carefully.

I think their research is long term and commercially driven as well, it’s not proving easy to replace the current materials, proper Lego is highly engineered to precise tolerances, material characteristics are vital for it to work properly, many times over.

Anyway who puts it back in the box, doesn’t everyone have a wall of Lego to keep their spare bits in?

craig_w
    Free Member

Surprised no one has mentioned this:

https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/mos-eisley-cantina-75290

on sale today for VIP members

zilog6128

@Craig_w it’s cool but basically a giant playset, not really a display piece (not that I’ve got a problem with that 😂) In contrast IMO the new HP Diagon Alley set looks really interesting even though I have zero interest in Harry Potter – with a few changes could be a normal street from an historic town/city

Daffy

It’s a nice set, but I’m not that into the Master Builder Series. I prefer the UCS sets…mostly. Not overly enamored with the a-wing.

beamers

DV was getting a hard time at the Moon Base this weekend.

Cougar

at the Moon Base

The Beta 1 Command Base, I think you’ll find.

LAT

I’d forgotten about the moonscape base plates.

stumpyjon

I like the A wing, it’s a clever build and I think the end result is pretty good. I like the Cantina but it is a great play set rather display set.

spacemonkey

Surprised no one has mentioned this:

https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/mos-eisley-cantina-75290

on sale today for VIP members

Very cool indeed and meets the 10p/piece marker. But at £320 it is insanely overpriced IMO.

spacemonkey

DV was getting a hard time at the Moon Base this weekend.

Early 80s space sets provided most of my creativity I reckon. I loved those kits and spent sooooo much time making stuff.

zilog6128

meets the 10p/piece marker. But at £320 it is insanely overpriced IMO.

that makes **** all sense

tomhoward

Costco are doing the technic Lambo for £260 delivered (RRP £350) at the mo, which is as cheap as I’ve seen it.

peterno51

Does anyone know if the colour matching on that there Lambo is sorted out yet

weeksy

1/2 price in Tesco at the moment. I only went in for a piece of fish

2020-10-08_08-49-38 by Steve WeeksFlickr2BBcode LITE

Cougar

Spotted that earlier this week. I’ll be curious to hear what you think, it didn’t look all that Technic from the box.

weeksy

We’re far from experts, this may be our first technic, most complex before gas been the millennium falcon. I have to say, it’s great and we’re enjoying it.

I’m just the finder of pieces, and mistakes, the 12 year old is building

Cougar
    mogrim

Wasn’t the Ecto1 already available?

zilog6128

Yes, but as a much smaller (minifig scale) set… this is massive, similar to the recent Batmobile one. Also this is based on the forthcoming movie, not “classic” GB.

mogrim

Now flicked through the pictures, it is quite big isn’t it? (And I’m glad I didn’t imagine the other model!)

reluctantjumper

Oooh, that Ecto1 is lovely!

Northwind

Oh that’s ace. What’s with the wee roller trap thing?

slackboy

anyone know what the DB5 is like?

https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/james-bond-aston-martin-db5-10262

I’m selling my UCS y-wing and looking for something to replace it

stumpyjon

Oh that’s ace. What’s with the wee roller trap thing?

Ghost trap innit.

I’m selling my UCS y-wing

Heresy, Lego is for collecting not selling (although my missus has got wind of the second hand value of my loose Lego (£11.6k), that doesn’t include the UCS Lego or the lads Lego).

grahamt1980

Db5 is a really good build. I think I preferred the mustang though

allanoleary
    Free Member

Probably mentioned already…. but the £650 Millennium Falcon is what I wish I could afford… or fit somewhere once built

Cougar

although my missus has got wind of the second hand value of my loose Lego (£11.6k)

You’ve got 11 grand’s worth of Lego BY WEIGHT? Shit the bed.

ebygomm
    Free Member

I got the Aston Martin for my 40th. It’s great, love the ejector seat

Northwind

stumpyjon

Ghost trap innit.

Well yeah but it’s not from either of the two films is it?

Cougar

Read up three posts from your original question.

stumpyjon

No it’s worse than that, I’ve got £11k of catalogued parts, loaded on Brickowl which calculates the current value based on the current prices which vary daily. 102000 parts and counting. That picture back up the thread is actually my loose Lego storage.

Cougar

Cougar

No it’s worse than that, I’ve got £11k of catalogued parts, loaded on Brickowl which calculates the current value based on the current prices which vary daily. 102000 parts and counting. That picture back up the thread is actually my loose Lego storage.

You catalogued each brick individually?

I mean… christ, do you want to buy some Lego?

Cougar

Moreover,

Where do you live and can I come visit when the current crisis passes?

sweaman2
    Free Member

Sweajnr (6) and I built the Chevrolet as a lockdown project. In terms of technic it’s only the steering and the engine. It’s good value as build, build B model then rebuild A model is a reasonable length of time.

We’ve also built the cement mixer. A much more technical build but no B model.

I find myself eyeing up the car transporter especially as it’s also got the B model but it’s a big kit….

stumpyjon

Cougar, I’m pretty close, just north of Bacup in Rossendale!

Cougar

Ooh!

Viewing 40 posts - 561 through 600 (of 1,774 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.