• This topic has 1,777 replies, 225 voices, and was last updated 3 days ago by Kuco.
Viewing 40 posts - 481 through 520 (of 1,778 total)
  • Lego WANT of the Day
  • pictonroad

Just built the defender. Has anyone else had any issues with the gearing and the engine pistons?
    I seem to have a bit of feedback that makes it all lock up when the hi/lo ratio is engaged.
    Would like some ideas before I take the whole thing apart again

@grahamt1980

It’s a well know issue, it’s to do with the universal joints on the drive shafts, they have to be aligned in a certain way.

mine was never smooth, I didn’t really get the gearbox on the defender, clever, but pointless.

(I would ‘@‘ you in this reply Graham but I can’t figure it out.)

nixie

@pictonroad, just put @ username (without the space)

pictonroad

👍🏻

grahamt1980

Cheers @pictonroad have done the alignment but no improvement, I think I might have squeezed it all together too much so put a load of resistance in the system. Will dismantle it at some point, however it is the little boys car now and I have the top gear rally car coming today so that’s my next build

burko73

Classic l/r.. should have got a hilux!

grahamt1980

Strangly that was exactly my thought when it started playing up

Superficial
    Free Member

OK, so I’ve decided I’d like a Lego lockdown project. I want that Orange 911 (42056) but it’s currently £400 on Amazon (and other places). I’m not above using AliExpress to get a Lepin (if they still exist) model but it’s a minefield. Any advice?

peteimpreza

Bugati for £250

https://www.jadlamracingmodels.com/lego-technic-bugatti-chiron-42083/

Seen the Porsche on eBay from £300

bazhall
    Free Member

I’m currently building the Rough Terrain Crane and it’s a beast.

zilog6128

Technic cars. BORING 😂

Just been emailed that this is winging it’s way to me, in time for the BH weekend. Love a bit of LEGO Pirates 😃🏴‍☠️⚔️🦜⚓️

21322 Pirates of Barracuda Bay

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

That needs to go in the middle of this:

pirate roller coaster

nixie

I’ve got 3 projects for lock down. First the Chiron to go with the porsche (currently hung on the bedroom wall). Had this for probably 1 1/2 years now but still not got around to building it. Also got the Apollo 11 lander to build with my space mad daughter. Finally intending to turn the whole dinning room into a lego train set with mountains (cardboard), tunnels and bridges. Getting both girls to paint the mountains should keep them somewhat occupied for a few days :D.

Tallpaul
    Free Member

Someone local was selling a used but complete Porsche 42056 kit for £75 last year. Guess I should have stumped up but I’d just bought the Technics Porsche when Argos were clearing them out for £65.

Sometime before that, Argos were also doing 42056 half-price but that was still £130. If the kit had been purple (i.e. Porsche Ultra-Violet), maybe I’d have gone for it.

jamj1974

That looks great!

I have just seen this – Lego S1 Quattro.

Link.

jamj1974

Sorry edited! Tried to link to an Audi S1 Quattro Speedmaster set. Kept getting errors and the incomplete link being published.

Anyway. I had to order.

bigdaddy

Lancia Stratos

If the image posts 🙄, I’ve spent the Easter weekend converting my Porsche 911 into a Lancia Stratos- instructions from rebrickable. Very clever rebuild although the instructions were somewhat challenging to follow at times. The engine hood was a nightmare! Very pleased with it though…

Rik
    Free Member

Bigdaddy – we need that image to post!!
    That sounds amazing and very tempted to buy another Porsche 911 kit to make this.

You bought the $15 instructions I presume? I have never fancied putting my details into that website but its a Stratos

molgrips
    Free Member

For all you Lego ‘modellers’ – does anyone have some generic Technic Lego going spare?

Cougar

Bigdaddy – we need that image to post!!

That’s a privacy settings issue on Instagram.

“This Account is Private
    Follow to see their photos and videos.”

bigdaddy

Ok, got my teenager to sort that for me, let’s have another go!
    Lego Lancia

Nope – apparently I cause a critical error. I regret I am an IT lemon!

peteimpreza

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2iQoimY]E2EB8248-6877-4C09-ADD4-6B1352B2058D[/url] by peteimpreza, on Flickr

@Rik

bigdaddy

That’s it… A mate bought the instructions and I was able to use them. It’s a tricky build, but very pleased with the outcome. Less so my ability to post pics 🙄

nixie

That looks real nice.

scc999

That Stratos looks ace – tempted to get the Porsche just to build that!!!

oldtennisshoes

Just ordered the Defender off Wish for the boy

null

He’s already done a porsche, but I’m tempted to buy another to do the stratos.

bruk

Have ordered the Top Gear Rally car and it’s arrived, perfect for when I start 3 weeks furlough next week!

Looking forward to building it with the kids.

grahamt1980

The rally car is cool, perfect for indoors as it isn’t very quick.

I found a site called brick tanks which does lego(alike) armour. Resisting for now but severely tempted

oldtennisshoes

The code HOBBY is giving 50% discount off anything on the Wish site.
    It’s too late for me, but it makes some of the Lego-ish stuff look even more ridiculously cheap.

grahamt1980

What is the deal with the wish site? Makes you register

oldtennisshoes

What is the deal with the wish site? Makes you register

Just a more in your face version of AliExpress IMHO

stumpyjon

About time they brought one of these out, 1st of May.

oldtennisshoes

About time they brought one of these out, 1st of May.

Surely it should be 4th May?

peteimpreza

That’s minging, bank account safe until the next one is announced later in the year

stumpyjon

Next one shoukd be the republic gunship, there was a vote earlier this year. Would have preferred the Nubulon B personally.

sirromj

Been meaning to post this up here for a while. It’s this alternative build of the 42054-1 CLAAS Xerion Tractor

There’s a few criticisms of it in the comments, namely the wishbone suspension feels a bit fragile utilizing the bendiness of lego itself rather than any components specifically designed for suspension. A few problems with my build, the steering doesn’t work and the motorised mechanism to raise/lower the cab also fails to work. Other than that, enjoyed building it, but think I prefer the original model.
    edit: it’s not wishbone suspension – knew I should have googled it before writing!

zilog6128
    beamers

Top Gear Rally Car arrived a couple of weeks ago for Beamlet 2.0, not for me honest.

He built it and I was in charge of the application of the many, many stickers.

grahamt1980

Oh now that looks nice……

Viewing 40 posts - 481 through 520 (of 1,778 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.