Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Legends edit (peat,Page,Warner,Longden)
  • itlab
    Free Member

New edit has just gone up

These guys were my idols when I was buying MBUK 20 years ago.

Great to see them still smashing it.

deserter
    Free Member

Yeah I just watched that, it reminds me of the main thing I miss about the UK…..the banter

jimmy

Superb, got me right laffin

thegeneralist
    Free Member

I’m confused. Theres s big difference between a decent film with banter and some blokes saying “****” a lot. This was the latter.

There’s a sweet spot with swearing…. just enough makes an occasional point and adds to the narrative. That was just painful and made me switch off.

Was too much like being on a train between Alexandria and Balloch.

Shame really, as it looked like it might have developed into a good film

plus-one

Mint 🙂

matt_outandabout

Theres s big difference between a decent film with banter and some blokes saying “****” a lot. This was the latter

+1

daveylad
    Free Member

Been waiting for this. Didn’t disappoint. Great riding with top bantz. The perfect day out.

Hopk1ns
    Free Member

Great watch. Didnt even notice the swearing. Just a good video.

lunge

Enjoyed that, it reminds me of why I still love Dirt, just a bunch of mates playing on their bikes. Nothing more, nothing less.
    And the boys, with the possible exception of Warner, can still ride.

weeksy

Seems like last Friday to me 🙂 that was our exact day.. Me my lad and a mate all following eachother closely and throwing ourselves down stuff… bloody excellent.

weeksy

I’ll bet he’s quicker down most trails than the vast majority on here.

lunge

I’ll bet he’s quicker down most trails than the vast majority on here.

The fact he rides his bike means he’s quicker than most on here.
    I meant that in comparison to the other 3, he’s clearly quicker than the plodders on here.

weeksy

Ah right, well yes…. Maybe slower than them, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing 🙂

Anyway…. moving on 🙂

It was still fun and just how days out should be.

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

Agree, it just felt like they were trying to out ‘banter’ each other and saying **** far too much, cringeworthy for me and too annoying.

DezB
    Free Member

Great fun 😀

At least we know who not to be riding buddies with on here! 😆

with the possible exception of Warner

Just pure stupidity.

davosaurusrex

Anyone seen a photo of either Warner or Peaty without a hat on?

Houns

What ever Warner is doing to his hair (dye more than likely) he needs to stop doing it

lightfighter762
    Free Member

When was this filmed? Thought Warner would be on a Vitus.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I don’t think I’m the target market for that video. Even with the sound off it annoyed me.

itlab
    Free Member

When was this filmed? Thought Warner would be on a Vitus.

It was filmed october last year, it’s just taken them an age to edit/release it.

Jordan

I thought it was ace! And if you are offended by that amount of swearing then you certainly don’t want to hang around with the people that I do. I hear more than that in the first five minutes of work every morning.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Warner is actually still a very good rider, and he’s possibly fitter now than when he was still racing Pro. He’s certainly not as fat as he was anyway. All that “I hate pedalling” and “I’m crap” stuff” is mostly for a laugh.

He was the slowest of the 4 though.

snotrag

‘Slowest of the 4’ when talking about that bunch is a bit like ‘least skinniest supermodel’.

I loved it, its good to see that even the (ex) pros are just as susceptible to copious pre ride faffage and pratting about.

It looked just like a grand day out on bikes to me.

Note whioch of the 4 voices is the one you hear most over the length of the video too, you’d never guess would you!

jimmy

Yeah Warner possibly swears a bit too much but he’s got some #bantz for everything.

“Peaty knows that if he’s not behind me giving shed loads of banter about how shit I am I’ll be off”

LAT

Great vid. I love watching Steve Peat ride. So smooth and powerful. They were all good to watch.  I’m swooning a little and I’m left longing to ride my bike

It wasn’t the **** that got to me, it was the schralps. Though I do agree that they look more like an accident than a skill.

Any reason, other than the obvious, why Warner’s voice is the loudest? It would have been good to hear the others talk.

weeksy

It wasn’t the **** that got to me, it was the schralps. Though I do agree that they look more like an accident than a skill.

That was purely for their own amusement as i expect one of them had being giving Warner some stick for it. It was just like Fridays visit to BPW for me…

greeny30
    Free Member

Virtue signalling snowflakes tuning in just to be offended, it’s Warner mucking about with his old mates, what did you expect, why click on it then keep watching, if you ever meet Rob, brace your delicate disposition for F bombs. I barely noticed Rob’s swearing, just thought it was a good laugh, but I live in the real world where there’s plenty more swearing and plenty more things to get upset about.
    Pretty sure most/all the swearing came from Warner though, don’t tar them all with the same brush.

halifaxpete

Top vid, sums up what group rides are all about (or should be about anyway)

marksnook
    Free Member

Yeah I thought it was a great watch. Just real funny. I barely noticed the swearing as working on site and riding with a big bunch it’s a lot like that all the time. In my eyes They are only words but it’s the intention behind the word that should cause offence. We’re all different though right?!

weeksy

seems some of us are 🙂

The rest of us, like you, are normal blokes 😉

marksnook
    Free Member

@weeksy 😂😂

Mbnut
    Free Member

Did nothing for me.

Mister-P
    Free Member

“Ooh I love a good swear, I’m a proper bloke”

doomanic

Rob Warner looks like Paul Whitehouse’s “Brilliant” character…

muddylegs
    Free Member

Loved it! I don’t like comedians swearing for the sake of swearing but the swearing in this vid didn’t bother me at all?! I know, I’m weird.

Just seemed like a ralaxed bunch enjoying them selfs.

Gaz.dick
    Free Member

I hope I have that much fun when I am old 🙂

jkomo

Enjoyed it. Standard level of swearing for a few mates having fun.

chakaping
    Free Member

I’ve usually got a lot of time for Warner, but he did grate a bit in that.

Still a decent watch though.

itchy99
    Free Member

Never got as far as the riding. Couldn’t get past the enforced ‘bantz’ and ‘laddish-ness’ at the start.
    Seems I have now officially turned into my dad.

Toodles off to get a cup of Horlicks and watch some Sun Life ads….

Steelfreak
    Free Member

Enjoyed that… Took me back to my halcyon MTB days in the 2000s. Those guys really were (are) legends. (Another legend from the same era is Martyn Ashton, a truly inspirational individual.)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Legends edit (peat,Page,Warner,Longden)’ is closed to new replies.